ADVERTISEMENT

(25)Rutgers vs Penn State 2/28/21 game thread

Our press is not turning them over enough
which leads to wide open threes as they are shooting before our D resets to
the half court.

Wow, Mael Giles. Needed those. (much like Martino in the last game)
Penn State doubling 'ella so someone else needs to step up.

Arella not reacting to the double well.

Our press is not turning them over enough
which leads to wide open threes as they are shooting before our D resets to

Uhm...they’ve turned it over 15 times. That’s not why we’re losing to this lousy team lol

“No Pride!” That’s your slogan right? Cause you’ve trolled over here for years. Would be nice if all RU fans had pride in all their teams

You can have pride and still be critical. It’s allowed. Part of being a fan.

that was too easy for Garcia for Penn State but then PSU press, good vision to RU for Singleton who delivers easy lay up.....58-52...PSU will have to take a 3 here

she hits one of two and RU gets rebound and fouled, going back to line, this one is over

this is a game we would have lost last year so they did what they did to grind it out despite not an overall sharp game

That is a 5-2 road record in the B1G, which must be RU's best ever. It sounds like an ugly game but a W is a W, especially on the road.

And a good weekend is now officially a GREAT weekend!

Reactions: TRU2RU
Nice response to the PSU push in the third quarter. Big shots by Mack and Gilles from 3. #22 (Singleton?) finishes well around the basket and Johnson maintained her composure throughout the game. Solid win and hopefully they roll at the RAC on Tuesday.

I disappeared because I could not watch that uninspired play. I am a fan and season ticket holder for women for many years. I turned on a murder movie In Cold Blood which was more entertaining than their uninspired play. Just got the ESPN alert they won so I responded. I guess one is not allowed to be critical and objective. I expect excellent play and have the right when it is far less to not watch.

I also had to step away for an overseas call. When I got back they had blown the lead. But clutch threes from Mack and Giles. Kudos to them. I have been a fan and ticket holder since CVS came here. If you ever coached you know you have to take the heat as well as the positives. Go RU

I disappeared because I could not watch that uninspired play. I am a fan and season ticket holder for women for many years. I turned on a murder movie In Cold Blood which was more entertaining than their uninspired play. Just got the ESPN alert they won so I responded. I guess one is not allowed to be critical and objective. I expect excellent play and have the right when it is far less to not watch.
Objective? The “no pride” comment was not only subjective but wrong.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Be interesting to see if the PSU star Cash will be available Tues. Looked like she could put much weight on that left ankle.
PS..thanks for getting it done Rutgers.

The reality is there is no credit for "how you play." The ONLY things that count are wins and losses. You can play poorly and win, and you can play great and lose. Which would you prefer? BTW: we all want to play great and win but if you have watched as much sports as you say you have, then you know that is not always the case.

Reactions: LtCol144
Every RU team this year seems to have adopted the “Keep Choppin” attitude. Love it. Men come from down 15 to beat Indiana by 20, women go from down 6 late in the third to grab back the W with some totally clutch late shots. Fun

I have watched sports my friend for over 75 years and I guess I am not entitled on the women’s board to be critical if they don’t meet up to my standards. So I shall root for them as I always do and get pissed st them when they are laying a brick missing bunny after bunny. It is probably better if I don’t post and sign off. See ya.

Strange that you seem to hold the RUWBB team to a very different standard then you do the RU Mens Wrestling team, who have had many, many uninspired matches for several years & yet you remain their staunchest supporter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT