ADVERTISEMENT

5 players in the portal - Richie from the pod

Scangg

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2016
San Diego
Richie said in the latest pod that we could see 5 players portal from the team...

He mentioned a few are known already...

Let the speculation begin. The most likely candidates below

Chol - most obvious
Wolf or Ogbole - would think 1 of the 2
Mag - rumors already
Oskar - could look for more time elsewhere
Cliff - if someone throws a big enough bag
Simpson - want bigger role at lesser program?

Anyone else would be a major surprising IMO

Richie said in the latest pod that we could see 5 players portal from the team...

Chol - most obvious
Mag - rumors already

Agree on Chol and Wolf, I see Ogbole staying unless Pike brings someone else in. Mag could go, but even with the rumors I could see him staying due to the enticement of possibly going deep into the tourney next season. Oskar I see going given that Ace can shoot from the wing, and if Gavin is able to get better shots due to Jeremiah and Dylan driving and dishing, along with Ace's passing, Gavin could be an asset next season, which would make it likely that Palm wouldn't get many minutes if Gavin lives up to his billing. I think Cliff stays. Not sure about Simpson or J-Mike if a guard moves on..

Chol , Palmquist. Mag, Simpson and Cliff… my picks to leave. Could be a couple of others.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Agree on Chol and Wolf, I see Ogbole staying unless Pike brings someone else in. Mag could go, but even with the rumors I could see him staying due to the enticement of possibly going deep into the tourney next season. Oskar I see going given that Ace can shoot from the wing, and if Gavin is able to get better shots due to Jeremiah and Dylan driving and dishing, along with Ace's passing, Gavin could be an asset next season, which would make it likely that Palm wouldn't get many minutes if Gavin lives up to his billing. I think Cliff stays. Not sure about Simpson or J-Mike if a guard moves on..
If Oskar stays, he would be doing so knowing he likely will be end of the bench, but he might be OK with that and just want to be a part of the historic season

JMike was a lower ranked player who started for us most of the season and has played well as a freshman. He's boys with Ace. It would be shocking if he left. Can't see it

This is just guessing. Did anyone foresee Cam leaving?
Of course it's just guessing 🤣

There could always be a shocking departure. Although in the NIL era nothing can really be too shocking I suppose

I'm sure JWill has suitors for sure. I just don't see him wanting to transfer AGAIN. He finally found a home

Reactions: BossNJ
First 2 have little to no impact … a healthy Mag is a potential loss . A Mag who has been injury prone not so much so. Cliff here is a benefit … if we lose Cliff that’s life in this era. Simpson is 6-7 man at best next year. Sorry he just can’t shoot and plays out of control too often.

Reactions: BossNJ and Mr Magoo
I did message a 3/4/2024 GRF transfer probability to a well respected poster....

If it isn't wrong to do....
Returning probabilities
JaMike 90%
Gavin 60%
JWill 50% (pending if he can transfer, assumnption is he can)
Oskar 40%
Simpson 30%
Woolfolk 30%
Ogbole 30%
Mag 15%
Cliff 10%
Freechol 10%

disclosure....i think trasfer rates are going to be off the chart everywhere, not just RU

If Oskar stays, he would be doing so knowing he likely will be end of the bench, but he might be OK with that and just want to be a part of the historic season

JMike was a lower ranked player who started for us most of the season and has played well as a freshman. He's boys with Ace. It would be shocking if he left. Can't see it
Good point on J-Mike and Ace being buds. I taught both of them the RU fight song when they came to a game last year and asked me what everyone was saying when the crowd was singing our fight song. Ace committed 45 minutes later, and I, as any grown man would, have given myself full credit for his commitment to RU.

Last edited:
I did message a 3/4/2024 GRF transfer probability to a well respected poster....

Returning probabilities
JaMike 90%
Gavin 60%
Oskar 40%
Simpson 30%
Woolfolk 30%
Ogbole 30%
Mag 15%
Cliff 10%
Freechol 10%

disclosure....i think trasfer rates are going to be off the chart everywhere, not just RU
If you think Gavin is is not 100% staying, you’re just not in tune with the program. It’s just not a possibility it’s been stated numerous times

Returning probabilities
JaMike 90%
Gavin 60%
Oskar 40%
Simpson 30%
Woolfolk 30%
Ogbole 30%
Mag 15%
Cliff 10%
Freechol 10%

Any word on Sheridan? Maybe he gets some minutes if most of the team leaves.

J Mike > Simpson

Wolf
Mag
FreeChol
Ogbole
Simpson

I'll be pissed if JWill leaves after Pike threw him a bone with everything that was hanging over him last summer. To his credit I heard him thank Pike for giving him a chance in one of the post game pressers.

Returning probabilities
JaMike 90%
Gavin 60%
Oskar 40%
Simpson 30%
Woolfolk 30%
Ogbole 30%
Mag 15%
Cliff 10%
Freechol 10%

JaMike 99%
Gavin 96%
JWill 91%
Simpson 50% (All depends on what role he’ll accept/mid-major $$)
Mag 45% (Good news from RU72, but something feels off)
Cliff 35% (50% NBA, 15% transfer)
Ogbole 30%
Oskar 20%
Woolfolk 15%
Freechol 5%

Reactions: RUinParkRidge
JaMike 99%
Gavin 96%
JWill 91%
Simpson 50% (All depends on what role he’ll accept/mid-major $$)
Mag 45% (Good news from RU72, but something feels off)
Cliff 35% (50% NBA, 15% transfer)
Ogbole 30%
Oskar 20%
Woolfolk 15%
Freechol 5%
I think JWill would garner the most money. Therefore I feel he’s more 5050. We’re depleted of NIL

Reactions: gregkoko
This

Returning probabilities
JaMike 90%
Gavin 60%
Oskar 40%
Simpson 30%
Woolfolk 30%
Ogbole 30%
Mag 15%
Cliff 10%
Freechol 10%

This has got to be pretty close.

I’d lower Mag and Chol by 5% and increase JMike and Oskar by same.

Wolf
Mag
FreeChol
Ogbole
Simpson

I'll be pissed if JWill leaves after Pike threw him a bone with everything that was hanging over him last summer. To his credit I heard him thank Pike for giving him a chance in one of the post game pressers.
This is kind of where I am with your 5 except, my gut says it will HURT a bit more than this. Someone on this list stays. Someone we were really hoping for goes.

Chol - most obvious
Mag - rumors already

I would put them in categories (like you have Woolf/Ogbole).
I dont think everyone enters at once and would assume that if we bring in a high-level transfer that pushes someone out as a result:

PG to start along Harper: one of Davis, JWill, Simpson leave
I get that Davis is BFF with Ace but it ready to back to the bench after getting a taste of starting and playing key minutes? Him and Simpson wouldn’t be closing games anymore.

Wing to start alongside Ace: GG or Mag leave
Dortch and Grant are locked in

Clif returns or C to start: Woolf or Ogbole leave (like you said)

If somebody throws $300k at JWill, what can we counter with? I have no idea. If we can’t get close to matching, I wouldn’t blame him for leaving. Agree with others that it’s 50/50 on him coming back.

I would put them in categories (like you have Woolf/Ogbole).
I dont think everyone enters at once and would assume that if we bring in a high-level transfer that pushes someone out as a result:

PG to start along Harper: one of Davis, JWill, Simpson leave
I get that Davis is BFF with Ace but it ready to back to the bench after getting a taste of starting and playing key minutes? Him and Simpson wouldn’t be closing games anymore.

Wing to start alongside Ace: GG or Mag leave
Dortch and Grant are locked in

Clif returns or C to start: Woolf or Ogbole leave (like you said)
Assume we don’t have NIL to retain folks being poached and we probably won’t have NIL for a highly coveted center. Using last year as an example expect JWill to be targeted like Cam. A vet in the program (Mag) May leave, and if Pike gives players a long time they will take it hunting for better offers. Cliff will want a big pay day. And before you throw our own players away remember we had to beg Oskar back.

Reactions: NickRU714

Chol - most obvious
Mag - rumors already

Do you think Gavin and his family are happy with .the way the season played out....

Reactions: Unionst and RUsojo
If somebody throws $300k at JWill, what can we counter with? I have no idea. If we can’t get close to matching, I wouldn’t blame him for leaving. Agree with others that it’s 50/50 on him coming back.
A lot of the NIL money are soft promises. Would be a calculated gamble by JWill but if next years team is a top 10 team they will be a huge national story and “real” NIL money will flow in. So likely for a guy like him maybe a risk but he could end up ahead in $ if he stays

Reactions: bac2therac
I think JWill would garner the most money. Therefore I feel he’s more 5050. We’re depleted of NIL
They took JWill planning for 24-25, knowing there was a chance he would play this year and knew how good he was.

To me, if we didn’t have substantial NIL arranged for him that feels like malpractice.

I don’t see Simpson only because when Cam and Paul left he was the first to say they “didn’t see the vision” and supported RU. I also don’t see Palmquist because he is loyal to the program and Pike will want a Sr who knows the culture. Good kid.

Here is my guess:

- Mag
- Woolf
- Ogbole
- Chol

Any word on Sheridan? Maybe he gets some minutes if most of the team leaves.
He is a tricky one. He has been mining bitcoin for 5 years with his supercomputer so he is financially independent.

He is looking for something $ cant buy and I think you and only you (or maybe bac) can give him what he wants.

Also, JWill’s ORating this year is 109, by far the best stretch of his career. Looking at last year’s roster, his value should be closer to Mag (104.5 + defense) than Cam (119).

There’s also no grad transfer exclusive window like last year. I feel confident we can retain JWill, which would be huge

• Love
Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT