ADVERTISEMENT

50 best public colleges ranked from most to least expensive

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Here, Stacker has ranked the 50 best public universities in the country in order, from most to least expensive.

#32. Rutgers University – New Brunswick​

13 of the 14 public schools in the B1G (including incoming UCLA) are in the top 50 public schools in America, with UCLA and Michigan ranked #1 and #2 on Niche. The only B1G public school to not crack the Top 50 is Nebraska.

13 of the 14 public schools in the B1G (including incoming UCLA) are in the top 50 public schools in America, with UCLA and Michigan ranked #1 and #2 on Niche. The only B1G public school to not crack the Top 50 is Nebraska.
I keep telling my fellow Cal alumni that the Big Ten genuinely cares about academic quality and that this is a plus for Cal in realingment. (Of course, the Big Ten is also concerned about what makes money!) BTW, I am so old that I remember when in-state tuition for public colleges was low everywhere. But those days are long gone.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I keep telling my fellow Cal alumni that the Big Ten genuinely cares about academic quality and that this is a plus for Cal in realingment. (Of course, the Big Ten is also concerned about what makes money!) BTW, I am so old that I remember when in-state tuition for public colleges was low everywhere. But those days are long gone.
If ND continues to stay independent, I hope the B1G just grabs Cal/Stanford to lock up the Bay Area, making the B1G the major college sports conference in 6 of the Top 7 media markets in the US and 9 of the top 10 schools with the most living alums.

Last edited:
Reactions: retired711
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT