ADVERTISEMENT

Reel Analytics

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
I had never heard of them until this past weekend when my nephew in Florida called to tell me that this site ranked our nephew,Middletown South's QB,safety and place kicker,Jake Czwakiel, as the 22nd best graduating senior in the country.
The site claims that their ranking is derived from in game action,going beyond the traditional measurables.
Jake has gotten a few offers to walk on at Clemson and Georgia Tech but so far no free rides.
His grades are no problem,getting a perfect MATH score on the SAT.Plus,his coach,the recently retired Steve Antonucci,calls Jake "the smartest player I've ever had."
So what is the problem here?
Do the coaches give this site's rankings any credibility?
Apparently so,as most of the other players ranked high have gotten signed.
Has anyone here heard of this site?

It one of those pay us a ton of money and we will sell your data to schools. It costs you $200 for an athlete to be evaluated or the school pays $799 to get 8 players evaluated. These site prey on families with money who think signing up is going to get their kid a full ride. This is going to sound cold but all it means is the kids had $200 and was evaluated by the site. The kid is graduating in a few months if he was really the #22 kid in the country he would have been offered years ago by schools. The #2 kid on the list is going to Campbell as a WR. Do you believe the #2 ranked kid in the country is going to Campbell? To show you just how accurate the site is the same kid is listed as #3 player this time at a different position (TE). The top player in Jersey and #6 nationally according to the site is Trumian Lawson from Clifton and he didn't sign anywhere.

It one of those pay us a ton of money and we will sell your data to schools. It costs you $200 for an athlete to be evaluated or the school pays $799 to get 8 players evaluated. These site prey on families with money who think signing up is going to get their kid a full ride. This is going to sound cold but all it means is the kids had $200 and was evaluated by the site. The kid is graduating in a few months if he was really the #22 kid in the country he would have been offered years ago by schools. The #2 kid on the list is going to Campbell as a WR. Do you believe the #2 ranked kid in the country is going to Campbell? To show you just how accurate the site is the same kid is listed as #3 player this time at a different position (TE). The top player in Jersey and #6 nationally according to the site is Trumian Lawson from Clifton and he didn't sign anywhere.
I tend to agree with you.
He's better off walking on,possibly becoming an all purpose back up kicker.Plus,I'll think that he'll keep growing.
He wants to become an engineer if this football thing doesn't work out.
If the NFL had a true minor league system-and with gambling and TV,it could be done-many student-athletes would opt for that,leaving positions available for possibly late bloomers-and for real students.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT