ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLGY 3/4 : NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Utah State wins! Aggies win regular season Mountain West. Looking possibly at a 6

New Mexico now really bubblicios Numbers crunching over the next two days will be tough

Reactions: cicero grimes
Arizona looks headed to loss at USC

This will all but eliminate Arizona for that 1 spot which is now a tossup between Tennessee and UNC

Pac12 tourney wide open and could contain a bid stealer

Arizona looks headed to loss at USC

This will all but eliminate Arizona for that 1 spot which is now a tossup between Tennessee and UNC

Pac12 tourney wide open and could contain a bid stealer
I think I'd almost be surprised if there wasn't a bid stealer there

St John's resume does not look as sharp the morning after. The recent slide by Utah and Nova annexing a 14 loss to knock them out of the field leaves them with only 1 win vs teams in field...Creighton

Providence resume in some ways better but the 63 net would be the worst at large

Bubble has become very hazy

St John's resume does not look as sharp the morning after. The recent slide by Utah and Nova annexing a 14 loss to knock them out of the field leaves them with only 1 win vs teams in field...Creighton

Providence resume in some ways better but the 63 net would be the worst at large

You actually think PC has an outside shot ? Lol even I had pretty much given up

The St John’s - Seton Hall game in BET will be huge for the Johnies so it appears !

Ironically that game several weeks ago when Seton Hall stormed back and won at St John’s could and just May determine the fate for both squads.

My money however for the 3rd game is on the Johnies! Tough to beat a team 3x especially when somewhat even in talent etc.

Big East tournament is gonna be great, ours seems so lame in comparison at Indianapolis or Minneapolis or wherever else they rotate it to. Hopefully B1G is able to get MSG again in the future.

The St John’s - Seton Hall game in BET will be huge for the Johnies so it appears !

Ironically that game several weeks ago when Seton Hall stormed back and won at St John’s could and just May determine the fate for both squads.

My money however for the 3rd game is on the Johnies! Tough to beat a team 3x especially when somewhat even in talent etc.

yep they need that win

Big East tournament is gonna be great, ours seems so lame in comparison at Indianapolis or Minneapolis or wherever else they rotate it to. Hopefully B1G is able to get MSG again in the future.
What is the consensus on do the other teams want to play there since they really are not an eastern based conference ?

Outside shot. They have better wins than some others
Game that is going to haunt us is Butler on road had a 7 point lead with two minutes left and blew it. Without our center and 2nd leading scorer who's wife was having a baby. Would have been another quad 1 believe.

What is the consensus on do the other teams want to play there since they really are not an eastern based conference ?
I'd imagine the other Big Ten fanbases at the very least wouldn't mind NYC? Almost every school has a large alumni base here. And it's MSG. Nothing beats it.

I love that we're in the B1G, but I'm definitely jealous of your tourney.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Bac looking ahead do you have a dark horse or two you like to go deep in the ncaa. Any chance Utah St. Can make a fau SD st type of run. Appreciate all the hard work you put into this.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Can Nebraska afford a loss at Michigan today? I don't feel that confident they win in Ann Arbor.. spread seems a little low at -5.5

Rothstein yesterday said he thinks Johnnies need to beat Seton hall.

I'd imagine the other Big Ten fanbases at the very least wouldn't mind NYC? Almost every school has a large alumni base here. And it's MSG. Nothing beats it.

I love that we're in the B1G, but I'm definitely jealous of your tourney.
I think Big East has contract for a while. Seems like them and MSG gave g good working relationship. So think you would have to have it the week b4 again. Not sure how that would go over. With St John's being somewhat relevant again with Pitino tournament should only get better.

Msg ain’t happening again.

Have it at Barclays on a somewhat rotational basis with Indy / Vegas / Chicago etc.

I went to Big 10 tourney in Indy 2 years ago when we were 4 seed and it was fine but it ain’t MSG or even Barclays !

Midwestern culture much more laid back.

Reactions: fatsam98
Msg ain’t happening again.

Have it at Barclays on a somewhat rotational basis with Indy / Vegas / Chicago etc.

I went to Big 10 tourney in Indy 2 years ago when we were 4 seed and it was fine but it ain’t MSG or even Barclays !

Midwestern culture much more laid back.
If I remember correctly, wasn't attendance when they held the tourney at Barclays pretty much a disaster? I think going the week before at MSG was a little underwhelming too but still did much better than the Barclays tournament.

Indianapolis underrated fun city. Basically everything walkable.

Barclays while nice really doesn’t move the needle for me.

Sorting the last 12-16 teams are going to be a big mess. There are more mid majors than usual that have earned at large consideration with low NET, some low SORs and some bubble or slightly higher SORs, weaker resume and SOS and power 6s/next 4s with stronger resume and SOS but higher NET and bubble and higher SOR due to one or multiple Q3/4 losses. A lot of bids are going to rely on these mid majors getting the AQ. It's going to be tough getting 68/68 or even 67/68 this year.

For example, St Mary's(WCC) is in with NET 17 but *SOR 57*, OOC SOS 82 with Q1/2(4-3,3-2) 7-5, Q1/2/3 11-7, where Gonzaga(WCC) NET 16/SOR 23, OOC SOS 19, Q1/2(3-5,3-1) 6-6, Q1/2/3 11-6.

26 Indiana St(27-5) SOR 33, 47 Drake(26-6) SOR 50, 48 Princeton(22-3) SOR 26, Q1 0-0, Q2 3-3, Q3 10-0, Q1/2/3 13-3, 53 Grand Canyon(26-4) SOR 54, 1-1, 2-1, 9-2, Q1/2/3 12-4, 54 James Madison(28-3) SOR 39, Q1 1-1 Q2 0-1, Q3 6-1, Q1/2/3 7-3, 58 McNeese St(24-3) SOR 59, Q1 0-0, Q2 3-2, Q3 3-0, Q1/2/3 6-2, and 69 App St(25-5) SOR 62, Q1/2(2-0, 1-0) *3-0*, Q3 7-4, Q1/2/3 10-4. It will be interesting over the next week.

Sorting the last 12-16 teams are going to be a big mess. There are more mid majors than usual that have earned at large consideration with low NET, some low SORs and some bubble or slightly higher SORs, weaker resume and SOS and power 6s/next 4s with stronger resume and SOS but higher NET and bubble and higher SOR due to one or multiple Q3/4 losses. A lot of bids are going to rely on these mid majors getting the AQ. It's going to be tough getting 68/68 or even 67/68 this year.

For example, St Mary's(WCC) is in with NET 17 but *SOR 57*, OOC SOS 82 with Q1/2(4-3,3-2) 7-5, Q1/2/3 11-7, where Gonzaga(WCC) NET 16/SOR 23, OOC SOS 19, Q1/2(3-5,3-1) 6-6, Q1/2/3 11-6.

26 Indiana St(27-5) SOR 33, 47 Drake(26-6) SOR 50, 48 Princeton(22-3) SOR 26, Q1 0-0, Q2 3-3, Q3 10-0, Q1/2/3 13-3, 53 Grand Canyon(26-4) SOR 54, 1-1, 2-1, 9-2, Q1/2/3 12-4, 54 James Madison(28-3) SOR 39, Q1 1-1 Q2 0-1, Q3 6-1, Q1/2/3 7-3, 58 McNeese St(24-3) SOR 59, Q1 0-0, Q2 3-2, Q3 3-0, Q1/2/3 6-2, and 69 App St(25-5) SOR 62, Q1/2(2-0, 1-0) *3-0*, Q3 7-4, Q1/2/3 10-4. It will be interesting over the next week.

St marys/Gonzaga are locks

Realistically only Indiana St/Drake may get an at large from midmajors

I do agree. The way yesterday shook out is a nightmare for nailing all 68 correct

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
Unfortunate that Morehead is probably a little to good for us to get that Longwood-Morehead First Four matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT