ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLGY 3/4 : NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

Hard to think about it after the shitshow we witnessed earlier today, but the B1G tourney bracket couldn't have set up any better for us.

Maryland/Penn State (Maryland unless they make a big comeback), Wisconsin, Northwestern.
It really is what you would have hoped for.
Hit some shots….

1-seed Eastern Washington about to lose to 10-seed Sacramento State in the Big Sky tourney

James Madison in a dogfight with 11-seed Texas State. Tie game 9 mins to go in the Sunbelt semifinal, Texas State has all the momentum.

Winner gets Arky State who upset App State

Top seed Appalachian State falls to Arkansas State in the Sunbelt semis.....ASU will now meet the winner of James Madison-Texas State. I will say the Dukes of JMU at large chances which are not so hot to begin took a bit of a hit with the loss by Appalachian
Crazy that a 30-win team has little chance to make the tournament if they don’t win the conference. Seems a bit unjust.

You need to tell me if/what location NU will be in so I can get shit lined up before the masses do. Haha
If Nebraska is a 9, and the 1 seeds are Purdue, UConn, Houston and Tennessee, you'll either be in Brooklyn with UConn, Memphis with Houston, or Charlotte with Tennessee.

If Nebraska is a 9, and the 1 seeds are Purdue, UConn, Houston and Tennessee, you'll either be in Brooklyn with UConn, Memphis with Houston, or Charlotte with Tennessee.
Nebraska could get paired up with Purdue too...not ideal you'd think, but wouldn't break any of the bracketing principles (and might make the most geographical sense).

Nebraska could get paired up with Purdue too...not ideal you'd think, but wouldn't break any of the bracketing principles (and might make the most geographical sense).
If they can avoid that pairing they will. They're not gonna pair them up just because it's slightly better geographically for Nebraska, that's for sure.

Huskers best chance at being in Omaha is they're a 10 seed and Iowa State is a 2 seed and they pair them up.

If they can avoid that pairing they will. They're not gonna pair them up just because it's slightly better geographically for Nebraska, that's for sure.

Huskers best chance at being in Omaha is they're a 10 seed and Iowa State is a 2 seed and they pair them up.
Ideally they would be a 10 seed in Omaha, but not for me. I go to Omaha all the time.
I think I’m game for everywhere but would prefer Charolette or Memphis. Not sure I will go if in Brooklyn but never know.

I was just being a smart ass when I asked for you to tell me where going. You’ve wasted enough time on it for me. Haha.

I’m ready for a Spring jaunt somewhere so I hope they don’t get left out. Would be great if Creighton and them ended up in same city but on opposite sides of bracket. I have some Creighton folks who are gonna chase them.

I have 10 seats at all the arenas for all sessions and a few hotels booked. Just need to get a landing spot.

They wouldn't if it's slightly better, but could definitely see them do it if it's the difference between say Indy and Brooklynn as Nebraska is getting slotted.

Ideally they would be a 10 seed in Omaha, but not for me. I go to Omaha all the time.
I think I’m game for everywhere but would prefer Charolette or Memphis. Not sure I will go if in Brooklyn but never know.

I was just being a smart ass when I asked for you to tell me where going. You’ve wasted enough time on it for me. Haha.

I’m ready for a Spring jaunt somewhere so I hope they don’t get left out. Would be great if Creighton and them ended up in same city but on opposite sides of bracket. I have some Creighton folks who are gonna chase them.

I have 10 seats at all the arenas for all sessions and a few hotels booked. Just need to get a landing spot.
Awesome. I'm sure you guys will travel well too. NYC, Charlotte and Memphis are relatively easy to get to if you do end up in the 8/9 game.

Reactions: biker7766
Awesome. I'm sure you guys will travel well too. NYC, Charlotte and Memphis are relatively easy to get to if you do end up in the 8/9 game.
They are all really easy to get to. Just a matter of where I prefer. Haha

there is no way they put them in Omaha

there is no way they will aid Nebraska as a 10 seed putting a 2 or 3 at a disadvantage. They are getting shipped

they can easily move them....99.99% that Nebraska is not matched up with Purdue
I'd certainly take 10000-1 on it. They've done it before, and don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

I also wouldn't rule out them going to Omaha...the geography should trump trying to protect a 2/3 seed if everything else works out.

Last edited:
I'd certainly take 10000-1 on it. They've done it before, and don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

I also wouldn't rule out them going to Omaha...the geography should trump trying to protect a 2/3 seed if everything else works out.
one seeds will not have to play in Nebraska home state, stop beign silly. A 2 seed will also be protected. Its not neighboring area, its their home state. It would be like giving Rutgers a 10 seed in Newark with Baylor the 2 seed. It can easily be avoided and will. There is no compelling interest to put Nebraska in Purdues bracket as a 9. 3 Big 10 schools Nebraska, NW and michigan state are vying on those 8/ 9/10 but likely two ends up a 9 and one a 10. This isnt a year with 9/10 Big 10 schools and very tough to bracket them..its 6 at most.

one seeds will not have to play in Nebraska home state, stop beign silly. A 2 seed will also be protected. Its not neighboring area, its their home state. It would be like giving Rutgers a 10 seed in Newark with Baylor the 2 seed. It can easily be avoided and will. There is no compelling interest to put Nebraska in Purdues bracket as a 9. Two Big 10 schools Nebraska and michigan state are vying on those 9/10 but likely one ends up a 9 and one a 10. This isnt a year with 9/10 Big 10 schools and very tough to bracket them..its 6 at most.
I don't think that they're looking for compelling interest and/or trying to "protect" teams. They create the S-curve, then independently place those teams into the bracket. If Rutgers was a 10 seed and their spot came up to place them and Newark was available, I'd expect them to be in Newark regardless of where their opponent is from (though it would be really hard for a 2 seed to end up that far away from home). They do give those high seeds "protection" in round 1, but I've never seen it extend beyond that.

I don't think that they're looking for compelling interest and/or trying to "protect" teams. They create the S-curve, then independently place those teams into the bracket. If Rutgers was a 10 seed and their spot came up to place them and Newark was available, I'd expect them to be in Newark regardless of where their opponent is from (though it would be really hard for a 2 seed to end up that far away from home). They do give those high seeds "protection" in round 1, but I've never seen it extend beyond that.
they want to avoid conference matchups in the 2nd round..its not 100% but its very easily done

Nebraska has issues with their resume where they are going to going to make into the top 8 seeds. I dont expect rewarding a 10 seed with home games.

they want to avoid conference matchups in the 2nd round..its not 100% but its very easily done

Nebraska has issues with their resume where they are going to going to make into the top 8 seeds. I dont expect rewarding a 10 seed with home games.
They always avoid those conference rematches in round 2 if they teams met more than once...but since Nebraska only played Purdue once (and unlikely to happen again in Minneapolis unless Nebraska makes a big run), it's possible...ie, happened in 2019 with Michigan State and Minnesota (and they both did win and get the rematch).

Unlikely to happen with everything else that would need to fall into place, but I'd say more like 90% than 99.99%.

Believe in Santa too?
I wish it were as you describe

James Madison punches their ticket. Bubble teams breath a sigh of relief

Will likely be a 12 but an outside shot at 11 depending on how the committee want to handle the first four seeds as 11 or 12s

Reactions: Captain Hogleg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT