ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/19 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS****RUTGERS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OUT AS OF 2/22***

Seton Hall wins to stay about the fray.

Butler out of the field for now

Colorado wallops Utah and edges closer to getting above the mendoza line while Utes profile takes on another loss.

Mississippi State and Boise State got needed wins in road games that could have hurt them.

Oregon suffers a nasty loss at California that damages their NCAA hopes

by the way Seton Hall is down to just 3 wins vs the field.

they absolutely have to beat Nova and De Paul but first up are trips to Creighton and UConn

the Big East bubble profiles are all limping to the finish line

impossible to do numbers crunching in a short period of time before the Rutgers game. full scrub coming in the next 48 hours and whole new detailed update to come late tomorrow night or early Tuesday

here are the last 8 in but they are not necessarily in any order....Nevada, Texas, New Mexico, Virginia, Seton Hall, Wake Forest, Providence and Gonzaga

last 8 out includes Texas A&M, Utah, Butler, Colorado, Villanova, Mississippi, Iowa, Kansas State...again in no particular order just grouping

Reactions: biker7766 and goru7
Princeton now in 3 way tie with Yale and Cornell for Ivy league AQ....not sure but I believe Cornell has the tie break edge still at this moment

they absolutely have to beat Nova and De Paul but first up are trips to Creighton and UConn

Interesting as always Bac. How does Hall compare to the other of your last 8 in wins against the field?

Interesting as always Bac. How does Hall compare to the other of your last 8 in wins against the field?

I think Texas Virgina Wake may also only have 3..saying this offhand..but their metrics are better.

i would be concerned about the middle Big East profiles not carrying as much cache. Wins over sju xav and butler and even Nova slipping in stature

Shu needs to beat Nova. This profile isnt good enough to sustain 3 losses before Big East tournament

I think Texas Virgina Wake may also only have 3..saying this offhand..but their metrics are better.

i would be concerned about the middle Big East profiles not carrying as much cache. Wins over sju xav and butler and even Nova slipping in stature

Shu needs to beat Nova. This profile isnt good enough to sustain 3 losses before Big East tournament
Agree really need 2-2

Agreed Bac

If they pull that off they'll get in.

They do have the win over UConn which will bump their resume .

Princeton now in 3 way tie with Yale and Cornell for Ivy league AQ....not sure but I believe Cornell has the tie break edge still at this moment
Cornell would have it now…however, they have the toughest schedule coming home with 3 road games (including one at Princeton).

There is a pretty realistic chance that the tiebreaker will end up coming down to NET ranking (if Princeton and Yale both win out).

What, you think they'd have been better off throwing the game last night so they'd keep a 4th win against teams in the field? Maybe if they threw @SJU also they'd have a shot at 5?

When talking about bubble head to heads, there's too many circular references for "wins against the field" to be that valuable of a metric. Unless you were to exclude wins against the last 8-12 in or alternatively include the first 8-12 out.

Remove two losses to SHU off both of those resumes and Butler is comfortably in while SJU is reasonably close. Thank God Richmond missed the home game against Providence, if he played the Hall would likely only have 2 wins against the field.

What, you think they'd have been better off throwing the game last night so they'd keep a 4th win against teams in the field? Maybe if they threw @SJU also they'd have a shot at 5?

When talking about bubble head to heads, there's too many circular references for "wins against the field" to be that valuable of a metric. Unless you were to exclude wins against the last 8-12 in or alternatively include the first 8-12 out.

Remove two losses to SHU off both of those resumes and Butler is comfortably in while SJU is reasonably close. Thank God Richmond missed the home game against Providence, if he played the Hall would likely only have 2 wins against the field.

Im just saying your resume is basically 2 wins..thats it..very very very good wins but thats it

Nothing ooc..lose next 2 and its trouble

The big east top 3 is great but enormous dropoff after

Rutgers now completely out of at large contention

St Johns gets huge Q1 win over Creighton only their 2nd but now move near last 8 spots

USF remains atop the AAC by knocking off SMU and I think we can officially remove the Mustangs from contention despite their gaudy NET

Memphis up on FAU with about 6 to go....Tigers need to win this one to stay in NCAA contention. FAU can become an at large lock if they win today.

Im just saying your resume is basically 2 wins..thats it..very very very good wins but thats it

Nothing ooc..lose next 2 and its trouble

The big east top 3 is great but enormous dropoff after
Seton Hall was the example in this case, but my point wasn't specifically about them. I was commenting on the backwards logic that beating a given team is important to your resume until you actually beat them, because by doing so you knock said opponent down a peg, thus making your victory over them no longer particularly impressive. The Big East does perhaps exaggerate this with the double round robin because, as we saw today, Seton Hall both picked up an apparently irrelevant win and took the luster off the previously somewhat meaningful win they already had against the same opponent.

Nebby holds serve at home vs Minnesota. Next up is road trip to Ohio State...a win there WILL lock up a NCAA bid for them.

Minnesota on life support, hope to be revived by winning at Illinois on Wednesday

Think they have been in for awhile.
As DeCourcey said, lol they don’t want to move up to 8-9 but if they keep piling up wins…..

their road mark is that red flag taken with the sos non conference that makes things more complicated

that said...one away at Ohio State from locking in..then RU, then at Michigan...yeah they could go 3-0 but I think they still are going to have a hard time moving beyond the 8 seed but certainly an 8 seed capable of playing with Arizona

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT