ADVERTISEMENT

2/12: Just a taste of 2024 NCAA Bacatology

It's hard when your only chance is winning out for so many games. It's a "So You're Saying There's A Chance?" territory. Sure we could do it, but very likely it won't happen. NIT would be an accomplishment at this point.

1. definitely in the next four out...probably 6th or 7th team out overall.

2. with a win over Purdue, would also depend on what other teams ahead of RU does but it likely brings RU all the way to last 4 out line with the possibility of actually placing them in believe it our not. If you could pick between winning at Minnesota or at Purdue...of course you go with at Purdue, Yes a win over Purdue is worth at least 12 placings if not more.

3. the problem is even with a win at Purdue, RU would need to win all its home games and then win one of 2 vs Wisky/Nebby...to remain in the field. 18-13 will not cut it even with a win over Purdue.
A Purdue win is huge so I could see how you would move them up that far. It’s almost like getting two wins in one game, that’s how valuable it is. Winning all the home games and splitting on the road is possible, not easy though. If they play defense like they did yesterday for much of the rest of the season then NIT might be tough to make. Assuming yesterday was a bad day, one off game where players and the coach got outworked, if they get back to playing RU defense and Jeremiah bounces back then they can win out at home and split with Wisky/Nebby. How they look against Purdue may give us a real strong indication if this team will remain in the fight for a tourney birth or if they’re just looking at getting enough wins for the NIT (3-3 needed I think).

Palm is so bad, Lunardi not the most accurate either even though he gets the most attention. Would much rather pay attention to @bac2therac and Brad Wachtel as they’re actually tuned in to the program I care about most for bracketology purposes.
Agree, I'm just saying Lunardi is usually pretty accurate as far as the mainstream media go.

Nothing beats Bac, Wachtel very good as well

A Purdue win is huge so I could see how you would move them up that far. It’s almost like getting two wins in one game, that’s how valuable it is. Winning all the home games and splitting on the road is possible, not easy though. If they play defense like they did yesterday for much of the rest of the season then NIT might be tough to make. Assuming yesterday was a bad day, one off game where players and the coach got outworked, if they get back to playing RU defense and Jeremiah bounces back then they can win out at home and split with Wisky/Nebby. How they look against Purdue may give us a real strong indication if this team will remain in the fight for a tourney birth or if they’re just looking at getting enough wins for the NIT (3-3 needed I think).

Purdue is a marquee win that overcomes the issues RU has vs Pitt or a Utah or a Villanova or even a Providence

Reactions: RAC93
Purdue is a marquee win that overcomes the issues RU has vs Pitt or a Utah or a Villanova or even a Providence
Let’s assume they lose to Purdue as expected, and they actually win out. Do you see them as being in the last four in/first four out groupings? Obviously depends on other teams and their results. I read Brad Wachtel mention that as of today it is actually a strong bubble as opposed to a weak bubble. That could change obviously, just wondering if 5 straight wins can get them in or does it just get them to the 3rd or fourth team out like last year. I believe they were 3rd team out last year if I recall.

Let’s assume they lose to Purdue as expected, and they actually win out. Do you see them as being in the last four in/first four out groupings? Obviously depends on other teams and their results. I read Brad Wachtel mention that as of today it is actually a strong bubble as opposed to a weak bubble. That could change, just wondering if 5 straight wins can get them in or does it just get them to the 3rd or fourth team out like last year. I believe they were 3rd team out last year if I recall.

I saw his comment. I agree with him in that its that the last 4 teams in are strong however once you get to the out list including first 4 out its not strong

Only takes one or 2 teams to end the season poorly for a school like Rutgers to sneak in

Rutgers has a shot if they lose to Purdue then wins out..they will be in that 2 out last 2 in

I saw his comment. I agree with him in that its that the last 4 teams in are strong however once you get to the out list including first 4 out its not strong

Only takes one or 2 teams to end the season poorly for a school like Rutgers to sneak in

Rutgers has a shot if they lose to Purdue then wins out..they will be in that 2 out last 2 in
Ok, so they need help but not tons of help, sounds like only a few teams they need to drop off. Obviously, they also need there to be zero or maybe just one bid stealer from conference tourneys. Who knows, maybe the Rutgers/Nebraska game could be a huge bubble game…….hope so for RU’s sake.

Ok, so they need help but not tons of help, sounds like only a few teams they need to drop off. Obviously, they also need there to be zero or maybe just one bid stealer from conference tourneys. Who knows, maybe the Rutgers/Nebraska game could be a huge bubble game…….hope so for RU’s sake.

Im not convinced Mountain West gets 6

Does Providence/Seton Hall stay in the field?

Is Nebby's road mark too much to overcome if its 0-10 in league?

Does Texas A&M or Butler play their way out?

Always surprises in both directions

I will take back that RU is 16th team out...further numbers crunching puts them 13th team out.
actually in fact suprisingly RU will end up 12th team out....keeping them in the on deck grouping...truth is the Minnesota loss was just a Q2, it certainly narrowed RUs margin for error but it wasnt as damaging on its own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT