ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLGY 3/4 : NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS

MSU wins. They win ugly. They play hard. Not sure I’d pick them even first round.

Annoys me to no end that we gave away home game last year to MSG and then an away game last year.

And then again away game this year. So ridiculously unfair.

Would have loved MSU at home this year.

Rip away!
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Reactions: kcg88 and RUPete
Must have missed this or forgot about it : Merrimack and Sacred Heart to MAAC next year

I think that ll give MAAC 13 members.

Merrimack in NEC championship game in NEC vs either Wagner or CCSU.

NEC plays all their tourney games at court of highest seed.

I remember when tourney was held in Trenton for 1-2 years many moons ago.

That had to be a financial disaster for the NEC.

A little life from nova and Creighton went cold. 40-29 bluejays at the half

Nova dug such a big hole and they were as close as 8 I think but its up to 12...running out of time with 6:41 going to need one last push

Texas A&M huge win at Ole Miss 86-60. The 4 Q4 losses are a big issue but lets see how things stand tomorrow...there are very good things on this resume and the Nova result is huge for this bulky loss team

Kansas State going to stun Iowa State damaging the Cyclones potential #2 seeding. The Wildcats do have very good things on their resume but might have one loss too many. Will at least be on the board for consideration

Richmond absolutely hammered by George Mason. Spiders are still the AQ from the A10 as they are clinched the regular season title but their at large chances which were less than 25% coming into today are about half that now.

Oklahoma loses at Texas by double digits and Sooners are a lock yet and very well could be slipping to first four status. No bad losses is a big plus but only 2 wins vs teams in field and just 3-10 in Q1 even though 9-11 Q1/2. Likely draw Texas again in Big 12 tourney

Mississippi State crawling back now down to South Carolina 75-73 with 40 seconds left. Bulldogs needs this game or they are very vulnerable

wow....Nova ties it on a bail out on a foul after taking a horrible 3 point shot and then Creighton guy hits shot with .2 to win.

Novas bubble just lost a lot of air. Again not impossible but only 1 15 loss school has ever been selected as an at large. Nova at 17-14 will get a bonus extra vs a gtown or de paul by tough to overcome that eventually 15...I think the committee has wrapped up the field before the Big East tourney finals

Mississippi State falls 77-75 to South Carolina. At 19-12, officially in trouble....3-8 in Q1 and 7-11 in Q1/2 with a Q4 loss and 2-8 road mark
That is an underwhelming resume. Where do you have Miss State now?

That is an underwhelming resume. Where do you have Miss State now?
they actually havent lost yet..my tracker showed game over at 77-75...they are in overtime right now....SC up 87-85

if they do end up losing, they are in danger of falling into first four...we shall see. Oklahoma another power 6 that could fall into that group.

Havent followed college bball much this year but what do we have to do to make NIT?

The reality is most years Oklahoma and Mississippi State would be endanger of falling from the field. Their risk might be falling into first four. The bubble is pretty weak right now. There are not many schools realistically competing for bids and do note 2 bids could open up if Dayton and USF end up being the AQs from their conferences

Va Tech stays on the fringes with a win over Notre Dame...18-13 with wins over Iowa State, Boise State, Clemson, Virginia

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT