ADVERTISEMENT

All Big 10 Teams

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I mean if we are just going to give the coach of the Big 10 champ the award every year why bother
I'm not against Hoiberg getting it this season, but Purdue has won the league by 3 games this year and last year (something that hasn't been done since late 70's Indiana) and we gave the award last year to Chris Collins for barely finishing over .500 and getting into the NCAA tournament.

If you want to argue that Painter came into this season expected to be really good based on the prior year, I buy that. But last year they weren't expected to do much of anything to start the year and ended up being ranked #1 for a parts of the season and winning the conference by a 3 game margin. He was a no-brainer over Collins last year and didn't get it. For that matter, Izzo has more than twice as many Final Fours as he does Big Ten COTY awards. So the narrative that it just goes to whoever wins the league isn't valid.

Cliff not on the 1,2,or 3rd team kinda shows u how he is perceived...and it's not very well.
This might make sense if he hadn’t been named pre season All Big Ten this year.

It’s not a perception issue, our guards didn’t know how to get him the ball.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT