ADVERTISEMENT

Announcers fixation with "New York, New York"

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
First half of the game they kept repeating various lines from the song over and over. Just a piss poor announcing team.

Gilmore is solid and was loved in the big East days by this fanbase.

I mean that is a great song . And we won .
Lighten up buddy
Gilmore was pretty bad plum IMO. Our secondary is a weakness.... surprise at us running a fake off the tush push (hello best play of the year against osu).... monangai was highly recruited...

Gilmore is solid and was loved in the big East days by this fanbase.

I mean that is a great song . And we won .
Lighten up buddy
I like Spanky, but he must not have that Sinatra tune on his turntable.

Peeps complained about the announcers in the game thread, but I thought they were fine. I like Gilmore too.

I like Spanky, but he must not have that Sinatra tune on his turntable.

VO2DJHN.gif

Gilmore is usually a good analyst and he was fine during this game. The play-by-play guy is another story. He dad-joked any chance he got (Schiano Man-Piano Man) and he may be a little too young to be doing dad jokes.

Seems like announcer and NFL head coaches are getting younger and younger.

Color Commentator must have been Isaiah Thomas' twin. He had good content but was a little dry at times.

Reactions: RAC93
With the plethora of bowl games not only are the quality of teams watered down but TV needs to find announcers to call the games. As a result the quality of the announcing teams is going to be watered down.
I've watched many of these games over the past two weeks or so and there are some HS media classes that could have done a better job.

Reactions: RAC93
If you think Gilmore was bad, you should listen to fooch’s Halftime interview with schiano .
I always call him Fooch Schiano because if he's not related to Greg there's absolutely no way he should be allowed anywhere near a working microphone.

You can tell who the Yankee haters are in this thread. Bowls games were created to promote the locations and (now) sponsors. They draw a casual fan so the announcers are expected to play it up. Duh.

Reactions: 2xPinstripeChamps
You can tell who the Yankee haters are in this thread. Bowls games were created to promote the locations and (now) sponsors. They draw a casual fan so the announcers are expected to play it up. Duh.

Meh. I don’t think it’s hate.

I don’t eat pop tarts but I don’t “hate” them.

Nevertheless, the constant mentions in the KSU game of pop tarts and eating the mascot after the game were annoying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT