ADVERTISEMENT

Antwone Woolfolk APP/USA Today

Scarlet Blind

All Conference
Aug 5, 2001

I get the sense this is going to end up being a steal of a recruit by the end of his college career, now that he is focusing on one sport only.
He was a 3⭐, 85 recruit at TE and at PF in both sports.

His former teammate, top 100-150 guy class of 2020,

Last edited:
This is the greatest story ever written in the history of sports journalism. All kidding aside, hard not to get excited about what he can bring to the table. His HS FB coach called him a "selfless blocker." He seems wired to do the dirty work and enjoys it. Imagine the picks he'll set.

He is the piece we have seen in other BIG teams, but didn’t have ourselves. Now we do. No one is moving Antwone out of the way. We certainly have all the pieces to be a top 25 team. This will be an exciting and rewarding season. RU fans will enjoy the ride except those who doubted Pike’s ability to recruit.

He is the piece we have seen in other BIG teams, but didn’t have ourselves. Now we do. No one is moving Antwone out of the way. We certainly have all the pieces to be a top 25 team. This will be an exciting and rewarding season. RU fans will enjoy the ride except those who doubted Pike’s ability to recruit.

I actually think Pikiell's ability to recruit and develop big men has been one of the major reasons for our success over the past three years. First Myles and now Cliff, for the past few years I've not felt Rutgers has been "outmanned" in the post most nights in a league where post players have been dominant. Kofi, Dickerson, Edey/Williams, Jackson-Davis, Liddell/Key, etc. etc.

The B1G has been a league where post players have regularly featured on both All-B1G and All-American lists. And (imo) Rutgers has more than held its own at that position. It is encouraging to read that Woolfolk has a chance to be next on what is becoming a pretty impressive list of Rutgers post players.

Kent was great but way too short. Once teams stopped buying his pump fakes and stayed on the ground, he struggled to score in the low post.
Got good position on defense but way too short. Power forwards could easily shoot over him. And the free throw shooting, well...

Reactions: GSGS
Shades of Rashod Kent. Let’s goooo
Got good position on defense but way too short. Power forwards could easily shoot over him. And the free throw shooting, well...
Yes, but I’m comparing his physicality to Woolfork and having an enforcer down low who can actually outmuscle people for rebounds on the regular…The points are gravy.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I actually think Pikiell's ability to recruit and develop big men has been one of the major reasons for our success over the past three years. First Myles and now Cliff, for the past few years I've not felt Rutgers has been "outmanned" in the post most nights in a league where post players have been dominant. Kofi, Dickerson, Edey/Williams, Jackson-Davis, Liddell/Key, etc. etc.

The B1G has been a league where post players have regularly featured on both All-B1G and All-American lists. And (imo) Rutgers has more than held its own at that position. It is encouraging to read that Woolfolk has a chance to be next on what is becoming a pretty impressive list of Rutgers post players.
No Myles and no Cliff and their developing no NCAAs. Not remotely close

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Digging the positive reviews. I actually really like that he’s challenging Cliff physically for Cliff’s sake.

The one constructive criticism I had of Cliff was that he really should be getting more rebounds than he was. He’s got the bounce, but I’m sure he could be more improved over bigger guys like Kofi, Dickinson, and Harrar. With Woolfolk bringing some physicality, hopefully Cliff is battle ready from the start.

Digging the positive reviews. I actually really like that he’s challenging Cliff physically for Cliff’s sake.

The one constructive criticism I had of Cliff was that he really should be getting more rebounds than he was. He’s got the bounce, but I’m sure he could be more improved over bigger guys like Kofi, Dickinson, and Harrar. With Woolfolk bringing some physicality, hopefully Cliff is battle ready from the start.
Great point. They are probably helping each other equally in practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT