ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone now going to Indiana for possible 6th win ?

The Hunt and apple picking.

2k9mv2.jpg

Checked earlier….Frontier out of Trenton, layover in Tampa, then to Bloomington. Seems easy peasy.

Current weather shows 55 and cloudy for the Noon Eastern Kick.
Safe travels. You should all be able to find cheap tickets.

Any of you guys know a long-time Rutgers team bus driver? Years ago, before the game in ‘17, had a good time talking with him while tailgating near Assembly Hall. It was a sparse crowd that day as students were already off for Thanksgiving break the day before. IIRC, he told me he flies out or drives out the day before, meets the team to drive bus from airport to Hotel Friday, then from Hotel to the game. I know I even have his card here around the house that he gave me that day. Told me Miami, during your Big East days, was his favorite trip. I think in the 30-45 minutes we talked, he burned thru half a pack of cigarettes as he dutifully refused my offer of a beer or Bloody Mary (“can’t while I’m working” he told me). I’ve never made it to an IU at RU game, but he told me if I ever did, to look him up. He’d see about getting me on the field!! LOL!!.. But, at the rate he was smoking, I’m afraid he may not be “with us” anymore.

Going back 35 years ago to present, be it home games or road games, I’ve always enjoyed meeting interesting fans from the other side. He certainly was one of the more colorful people, for sure.

Checked earlier….Frontier out of Trenton, layover in Tampa, then to Bloomington. Seems easy peasy.
Seems somewhat circuitous in the routing of that flight. What is that in time frame 800 miles 9 hour flight? Yikes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT