8 of top 25 is either Big Ten or will be next year. +2 also receiving votes
8 of top 25 is either SEC or will be next year. +3 also receiving votes
5 of Top 25 is ACC including (I) Notre Dame +2 also receiving votes
2 of Top 25 will be Big XII next year +4 also receiving votes
2 of Top 25 will be the ONLY 2 remaining Pac-12 members next year

Here is the list..

Now do G-5
Spoiler: it’s zero

Using the expanded playoffs the #12 seed would be a #30 ranked Fresno State.
With a #32 Tulane close on their heels to make the College Football Playoffs.

Now do G-5
Spoiler: it’s zero

Using the expanded playoffs the #12 seed would be a #30 ranked Fresno State.
With a #32 Tulane close on their heels to make the College Football Playoffs.
The top G5 team should make the playoffs. Please also keep in mind that Oregon State and Wash State will be G5 in all likelihood next year with Pac 12 dissolving.

The top G5 team should make the playoffs. Please also keep in mind that Oregon State and Wash State will be G5 in all likelihood next year with Pac 12 dissolving.
I still wonder about that for the next two years at least. The contract runs two more years and to change anything takes unanimous agreement. For the new contract yea I can expect changes but for the current one I’m not as sure.

From some of the articles I’ve read, the 12 team playoff model was to include the top 6 rated conf. champs and 6 at large teams. I’ve read that due to the dissolution of the PAC 12, the model will become the top 5 rated conf. champs and 7 at large teams.

Reactions: megadrone
From some of the articles I’ve read, the 12 team playoff model was to include the top 6 rated conf. champs and 6 at large teams. I’ve read that due to the dissolution of the PAC 12, the model will become the top 5 rated conf. champs and 7 at large teams.
Yea changing to a 5-7 model has been talked about including some admins but nothing is set in stone and for the new contract it's probably likely. But for this current one that runs two more years, it's still up in the air. I suppose it depends on what the PAC2 are able to cobble together and if they can keep the PAC alive. If they do keep it alive, I think they'd fight any change for the next 2 years and they probably have a good case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT