ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance estimates?

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
Curious to hear first hand reports from those who are there.

Who was the guy who created 10 accounts just to claim the stadium would be empty?

He's our resident nutcase who stalks NUTS and others, and loves to grind his axe about attendance. He has had many, many names, all of which have been banned for his obnoxious behavior. He had 16 user ID's banned over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and another 6 or so banned the last 2 days.

He's our resident nutcase who stalks NUTS and others, and loves to grind his axe about attendance. He has had many, many names, all of which have been banned for his obnoxious behavior. He had 16 user ID's banned over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and another 6 or so banned the last 2 days.
why would anybody go through all that just to troll? Must be a real nut job

finally got a pretty good shot of the stadium on TV- and it looks damn good- knowing that Miami brought almost no one- we have at least 35k there ourselves
Stands look completely red and all but the upper pretty much full

finally got a pretty good shot of the stadium on TV- and it looks damn good- knowing that Miami brought almost no one- we have at least 35k there ourselves
Stands look completely red and all but the upper pretty much full
I think Yankee Stadium only holds 44k. I was there. Our side was pretty good but maybe 30-32k actual in the stands. Miami side was bare as expected.

I thought the crowd was excellent for a northeast bowl game. Yankees had to be pleased with the turnout.

On a side note - we had never been to the Pin Stripe bowl. We sprung for a suite to have access to an inside area with the kids. Picked home plate section (cheapest suite tickets) and I expected the view and experience to be awful based on the comments on here but was pleasantly surprised by both. Game was a lot of fun. My boys loved it.

I think Yankee Stadium only holds 44k. I was there. Our side was pretty good but maybe 30-32k actual in the stands. Miami side was bare as expected.
I actually thought Miami's attendance wasn't that bad; you can tell there were a number of Rutgers fans on the 1st base side but Miami had more fans than I thought they would. We had some in the upper deck; there was absolutely no one in the upper deck on the Miami side.

Joe P.

Where's the online idiot that said Miami would have more fans than Rutgers? I can't find the thread anymore.

I actually thought Miami's attendance wasn't that bad; you can tell there were a number of Rutgers fans on the 1st base side but Miami had more fans than I thought they would. We had some in the upper deck; there was absolutely no one in the upper deck on the Miami side.

Joe P.
It goes without saying that there's a huge temptation for everyone to exaggerate when it comes to attendance at sporting events. Each Rutgers AND Miami did a GREAT job with attendance at the Pinstripe Bowl. Rather than exaggerate or denigrate, we should take pride in what we each accomplished in attracting ~35K attendees to a largely-inconsequential bowl game in the northeast in late-December with respective 6-6 and 7-5 records. For what it's worth, I'd guess that ~20-30% of attendees were Miami supporters (of those ~50% local UM students/alums and friends/family, ~30% hardcore supporters from elsewhere (most dressed like they were about to depart on an Artic expedition) and ~20% bandwagon fans still nostalgic for the Canes 80s-swagger)). Assuming the gate was truly ~35K, Rutgers delivered ~25-28K Loyal Sons, with Miami producing another ~7-10K.

You would be incorrect.
Wrong
The entire 3rd base side - 100, 200, 300 levels were full of Rutgers fans.
The Miami side on 1st base side had a sparse showing in most of the 100 and 200 levels and there were pockets of RU fans over there. 300 level on Miami side closed off due to no interest.

Total BS fantasy anyone saying Miami had 10k fans at the Stadium today.

Wrong
The entire 3rd base side - 100, 200, 300 levels were full of Rutgers fans.
The Miami side on 1st base side had a sparse showing in most of the 100 and 200 levels and there were pockets of RU fans over there. 300 level on Miami side closed off due to no interest.
Bullshit. I was there.

Reactions: 2xPinstripeChamps
RU side 100s and 200s and 300s was completely sold out (400s not opened).
Audi Yankees Club 100% Rutgers and oversold. Endzone was 90% RU. Miami Sideline 30% RU.
35k is accurate.

frlRof3_d.webp

B3qWL65_d.webp

FWIW, some other Pinstripe crowds (which all stink compared to us):
Indiana

usa_today_9023409.0.jpeg

Cuse

Pinstripe-Bowl-Yankee-Stadium-2022-getty.ashx

Michigan State (absolutely most pathetic bowl crowd I’ve ever seen, MAC teams bring more to their bowls)

2019-12-27T220158Z_921914399_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_NCAA-FOOTBALL-PINSTRIPE-BOWL-MICHIGAN-STATE-VS-WAKE-FOREST-1024x683.jpg

I was there.
Ed needs new eyeglasses. Purple Haze BS.
The picture two Posts above shows it all…Rutgers takeover of Yankee Stadium.
Were you there? Did you walk around Yankee Stadium before and after the game?
Did you notice the Miami fans sprinkled throughout the stadium?
Yes, the Rutgers fans in attendance were awesome, but there was more than 4k
Miami fans. Sorry.

Miami fans. Sorry.
The top two pictures prove you very wrong!

I predicted 40-45K with 20K RU fans. Obviously, I fell short on total attendance (35K) but there can be no question that the people that pay attention to these things, will be impressed with RU's turnout.

Quick Lane Bowl which is an indoor stadium and had two somewhat local teams only did 28K. I think when all is said and done, the Pinstripe Bowl will make the top half of bowl attendance.

While not nearly on the same level as RU, I thought Miami did a pretty decent job with turnout. I would have liked them to bring more but it wasn't terrible by any means.

I predicted 40-45K with 20K RU fans. Obviously, I fell short on total attendance (35K) but there can be no question that the people that pay attention to these things, will be impressed with RU's turnout.

Quick Lane Bowl which is an indoor stadium and had two somewhat local teams only did 28K. I think when all is said and done, the Pinstripe Bowl will make the top half of bowl attendance.

While not nearly on the same level as RU, I thought Miami did a pretty decent job with turnout. I would have liked them to bring more but it wasn't terrible by any means.
Rutgers did an AWESOME job attendance wise.

Miami fans. Sorry.
Was there and walked around the whole stadium before and after. No way there were more than 4K Miami fans.

Maybe 95% RU on the RU sidelines and at the RU bars. There were more Miami fans than most give credit here. I would say at least 5k Miami / Miami Walmart fans. To say you walked around and there were no Miami fans after the game is dumb. They all left with 7 minutes to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT