ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Portal Update

Interesting.
I'll have to take another look around but don't remember him having high draft prospects.

Vaguely rememeber most projecting 2nd round but have to check again.
Yeah he’ll probs end up there but it seems he’s been impressing in draft workouts, perhaps thinks this is the greatest buzz he will get going into the draft

Reactions: NickRU714
Interesting.
I'll have to take another look around but don't remember him having high draft prospects.

There's nothing he could've done next season to get into the first round.

There's nothing he could've done next season to get into the first round.
If he played 20 years ago, he would be a top 5 pick. Nowadays he has a specific role and if a team doesn’t have a true C he could even have some DNP - coaches decision on his resume.

Reactions: Knightmoves
This is good news. I got tired of seeing him use his size and weight to push our guys out of the way. Georgi I believe also left as well as Ayo and their very good freshman. That is a lot to lose.

Reactions: soundcrib
I still like Kofi as a pro. He can protect the rim. The game could change again. Nice guy to have in your pack pocket.

I still like Kofi as a pro. He can protect the rim. The game could change again. Nice guy to have in your pack pocket.

I find it unlikely decades long trends are going to change over the course of a 2 year contract given out to a 2nd round pick.

He is a big boy that can bang in the paint, but he's probably going to be a end of bench player at best in the NBA. He was as good as gone this summer after going through the draft evaluation process last summer.

He might make an interesting prospect as an NFL lineman. Can he spend a season on the Illinois football team learning the game? Or maybe transfer to Rutgers to help make the transition to football?

He might make an interesting prospect as an NFL lineman. Can he spend a season on the Illinois football team learning the game? Or maybe transfer to Rutgers to help make the transition to football?

I don’t get this. He just tweeted that he was staying in the draft.

I don’t get this. He just tweeted that he was staying in the draft.
Occasionally Div-1 hoops players make the transition to NFL football. Julius Peppers, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Terrell Owens, Tony Gonzalez, Rico Gathers, Mo Alie-Cox.

Last edited:
Occasionally Div-1 hoops players make the transition to NFL football. Julius Peppers, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Terrell Owens, Tony Gonzalez.

Yeah but the kid is staying in the draft, tweeted that and made his decision and you’re speculating about him transferring here.

Reactions: Local Shill
Yeah but the kid is staying in the draft, tweeted that and made his decision and you’re speculating about him transferring here.
It wouldn’t be the first time a young man had a change of plans when presented an alternative path.

Occasionally Div-1 hoops players make the transition to NFL football. Julius Peppers, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Terrell Owens, Tony Gonzalez, Rico Gathers, Mo Alie-Cox.
Didn't all of those guys play Division I basketball and football? Cockburn only played basketball.

I find it unlikely decades long trends are going to change over the course of a 2 year contract given out to a 2nd round pick.

He is a big boy that can bang in the paint, but he's probably going to be a end of bench player at best in the NBA. He was as good as gone this summer after going through the draft evaluation process last summer.
If it was 1995, Kofi would be a Top 5 draft pick. Unfortunately, his style of big man play is obsolete in today's NBA.

Reactions: Vlife
Mo Alie-Cox’s VCU does not field a football team.
Ok, so all but one of the guys you listed didn't also play college football. That is a huge accomplishment for Mo Alie-Cox.

Who does he play for and how is his NFL career going? I don't know anything about his football career.

Ok, so all but one of the guys you listed didn't also play college football. That is a huge accomplishment for Mo Alie-Cox.

Who does he play for and how is his NFL career going? I don't know anything about his football career.
Your point is well taken that it is usually two-sport college athletes who can go the NFL career route. I just think Cockburn might make a terrific NFL lineman with some training and experience, particularly as a DL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ Wood
Your point is well taken that it is usually two-sport college athletes who can go the NFL career route. I just think Cockburn might make a terrific NFL lineman with some training and experience, particularly as a DL.

Cockburn is too tall to play in the NFL IMHO. Height is an advantage to a point, but he would be about 4 inches taller than any player in the league. Seems unlikely he could maintain any leverage in the trenches.

Cockburn is too tall to play in the NFL IMHO. Height is an advantage to a point, but he would be about 4 inches taller than any player in the league. Seems unlikely he could maintain any leverage in the trenches.
Too Tall Jones was 6’9” for comparison

Nebraska’s Delano Banton has enter his name in the draft but is not hiring an agent.

He has already transferred once and with the guys NU has returning and coming in his minutes will be shortened a lot.

I would say he will end up coming back and play limited minutes or go to Europe.

Reactions: ghr
Interesting.

He must be moving up as I've seen him as the ~5th best center prospect - late 1st / early 2nd in mocks.

Cincinnati 7-1 center Chris Vogt, who averaged about 5pts a game is headed to Wisconsin. Third school. Played at Northern Kentucky for two years before going to Cincinnati.

Available B1G players still in the portal, and total minutes played last season:

Abdou Tsimbila (RS Fr, Penn State): 73 minutes
Kyle McCloskey (RS Jr, Penn State): 32 min
Ibrahima Diallo (So, OSU): 10 min
Edgar Padilla (Fr, Illinois): 9 minutes
Daniel Lobach (RS Fr, Rutgers): 1 min
Jacquez Henderson (RS Sr, Indiana): 1 min
Connor Odom (Fr, Maryland): 0 minutes

Kobe King from Wisconsin to Valparaiso - that's the 3rd Badger to end up at Valpo: King, Hedstrom, and Anderson

And Maryland picked up Pavlo Pziuba (6-8, 225 Freshman Forward who didn't play much at ASU, 3* Rivals & 4* 247)

Kobe King from Wisconsin to Valparaiso - that's the 3rd Badger to end up at Valpo: King, Hedstrom, and Anderson

And Maryland picked up Pavlo Pziuba (6-8, 225 Freshman Forward who didn't play much at ASU, 3* Rivals & 4* 247)
Surprised that King keeps going to weaker programs. I think he has some issues.

He must have set out last year. He didn’t show up at NU. He backed out the day before suppose to arrive on campus.
I lost track of Kobe King, he was the one athletic wing Wisconsin had a couple of years ago. Thought he would have helped Hoiberg and Nebraska. Valeo may be a good spot to resurrect his reputation and lock down starters minutes towards all Missouri Valley 1st or 2nd team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT