ADVERTISEMENT

Bad News on the Horizon?

It is definitely a huge question. The good news is every time I have doubts about our defense after losing what I thought were critical pieces our D either only suffered a bit, stayed the same, or even got better.

The one constant has been Myles and Cliff.
Fernandes Cam and Paul also bring a ton of experience to the potential starting lineup

ACL’s don’t take a year of recovery for everyone anymore. This isn’t 1997.
I'm a PT. I rehab ACLs for a living. The goal for return the sport is 90% of the unaffected side in terms of strength and power. General time frame for that is 9 months. Full explosiveness is generally reached sometime after returning to sport. It's not 1997 but that doesn't mean human physiology has changed.

Believe it or not "recovery" is much more nuanced than you think.

Last edited:
If it is GT, how was Hobbs able to contact and offer Mag an NIL deal when he isn't even in the portal yet and is an active member of RU basketball? Slimy thing to do to Pike if thats the case.
Yea, isn't that tampering? I guess everyone does it, but it's definitely different for a guy in the portal vs someone who isn't

Yea, isn't that tampering? I guess everyone does it, but it's definitely different for a guy in the portal vs someone who isn't
I think it's done through a third party. Hypothetically Hobbs contacts Mag's HS coach and says something like If we heard Mag is interested in transferring, we'd be very interested in him. then HS coach contacts Mag.

I think it's done through a third party. Hypothetically Hobbs contacts Mag's HS coach and says something like If we heard Mag is interested in transferring, we'd be very interested in him. then HS coach contacts Mag.
Senator Geary: Mr. Cici, was there always a buffer involved?

Cici: A what?

Senator Geary: A buffer. Someone in between you and your possible superiors who passed on to you the actual order to kill someone.

Cici: Oh yeah, a buffer. The family had a lot of buffers!

Senator Geary: Mr. Cici, was there always a buffer involved?

Cici: A what?

Senator Geary: A buffer. Someone in between you and your possible superiors who passed on to you the actual order to kill someone.

Cici: Oh yeah, a buffer. The family had a lot of buffers!
I could see Hobbs in the Godfather

The vinyl I can understand. Why keep CD's? Unless you have live Dead shows or something.
A friend asked me the same question in regards to the books in my library...something about Kindle. I'm not that interested in explaining anymore about my interest in having a physical library of my music or my reading material. It gives me great joy. It has been doing so for most of my life.
BTW, I don't really know much about bluetooth.

The takes in here are wild hahah. Always need a good laugh to start my morning, and this message board provides it in doses. The educated guess everyone is Cliff is staying pro after the latest invites he got. Makes the most logical sense. As someone who has worked for two NBA teams, he has the frame, the length, athleticism, and we can just develop him in our G league affiliate and if we lose a big or two for a night, call him up. Makes the most sense to me, I don’t see Derek or Mag or Paul leaving.

• Love
Reactions: MiloTalon13
The takes in here are wild hahah. Always need a good laugh to start my morning, and this message board provides it in doses. The educated guess everyone is Cliff is staying pro after the latest invites he got. Makes the most logical sense. As someone who has worked for two NBA teams, he has the frame, the length, athleticism, and we can just develop him in our G league affiliate and if we lose a big or two for a night, call him up. Makes the most sense to me, I don’t see Derek or Mag or Paul leaving.
Cliff is almost definitely coming back

I love Cliff. But he’s not close to the level of being brought up to play in the NBA right now. He currently has one reliable shot and it’s reliant on others placing the ball where he can dunk it. He’s a very valuable college player but at the next level he wouldn’t yet add anything that even a depleted roster wouldn’t already have better options for.

It's way too early for Cliff to know anything before the evaluations take place. The news isn't about him.

This is probably a dumb question — is G league money better than NIL?

I love Cliff. But he’s not close to the level of being brought up to play in the NBA right now. He currently has one reliable shot and it’s reliant on others placing the ball where he can dunk it. He’s a very valuable college player but at the next level he wouldn’t yet add anything that even a depleted roster wouldn’t already have better options for.

The Knicks have two cliffs - Mitch and Jericho sims, and that’s one of the teams I worked for haha. So, I disagree to an extent. Of course his game is not polished, but it can be more refined as a Westchester Knick. Im with you I don’t think he’s pro ready unless he develops a consistent jumper to some degree, but of the players rumored, he makes the most sense given what he has available in front of him.

This is probably a dumb question — is G league money better than NIL?

No, NIL is prob better money for the higher caliber college athlete. G league contracts range but cliff would be making 40-50k in that neighborhood and not have to pay for anything that the team wouldn’t cover (ie travel, hotels, meals, etc)

Reactions: Mr_Twister
A friend asked me the same question in regards to the books in my library...something about Kindle. I'm not that interested in explaining anymore about my interest in having a physical library of my music or my reading material. It gives me great joy. It has been doing so for most of my life.
BTW, I don't really know much about bluetooth.
I love my books too. My kids think it's weird.

Reactions: Rokodesh
The Knicks have two cliffs - Mitch and Jericho sims, and that’s one of the teams I worked for haha. So, I disagree to an extent. Of course his game is not polished, but it can be more refined as a Westchester Knick. Im with you I don’t think he’s pro ready unless he develops a consistent jumper to some degree, but of the players rumored, he makes the most sense given what he has available in front of him.

Really not that familiar with either of their games out of college to be honest. Cliff has had some very good game. He also closed out the season with a 5 rebound effort against Hofstra though. Also - doesn’t he have to shine in this G-league camp to earn a combine invitiation? I don’t see him staying in the draft without that. It’s going to be hard for him to have a monster performance in a camp setting where guys who can create their own shots tend to lead the way. He’d have to really kill it on the glass.

I love my books too. My kids think it's weird.
I'm 35 and I still prefer physical copies of books to electronic. It's an entirely different experience. Reading literature on an iPad or kindle just feels so empty to me.

Was hesitant to abandon my physical CDs and switch to an IPod years ago, but I've got all my music on the phone now lol. Books are different IMO.

It's way too early for Cliff to know anything before the evaluations take place. The news isn't about him.

Clif has already received his evaluation from the draft committee. That is sent out immediately after declaring.

Highly unlikely he plays himself into a "likely 2nd round pick".
Regardless of his workouts - he's a likely UDFA hopeful.

Cliff was never at any point the type of prospect Mitchell Robinson was. Mitchell was one of the best players in his high school class and got drafted in the high second round even after getting suspended and not even playing in college. He would have been a sure fire lottery pick if he wasn’t an idiot.

• Haha
Just looking at stats, Sims is a good comp for Cliff (Cliff a little better stats/40 but reasonable comp) - IF Cliff gives up the low post-game and 3-point shooting that made him worse last year. Sims played 4 years at Texas BTW. #51 in class of 2017. Sims was drafted #58 which it doesn't seem like Cliff will be if he stays in it.

Good luck to Cliff - that's a lot of money.
Jericho Sims signed a 3 year / $5,658,206 contract with the New York Knicks, including $2,889,146 guaranteed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT