ADVERTISEMENT

Bag Men

Rutgerskid80

Sophomore
Dec 12, 2011
This is what I don't understand about this whole JG and Haskins situation. Everyone here has talked at length about the fact that JG's dad was leveraging his kid into getting a job and basically because Flood is a boyscout and wouldn't do it --he pimped his son out to Tennessee. Haskins was all ready to commit to Rutgers a few weeks ago and came here to visit for the weekend when all of a sudden mid week his father gets a job offer at Underarmour and now he is set to go to Maryland.

My question is this--if this is all common knowledge where is the NCAA? Where are the recruiting violations. Like others have said...if something like that went on here--there would be 20 articles written about this and Flood would be run out of town quicker than he could pack his bags. Yet everyone on these boards knows this is going on with the top recruits and cries that there are bag men doing this...well if everyone knows where are the violations? How come nobody is getting caught. If offering a parent a job is not illegal why are we not doing it? Rutgers has ton of alumni in the tri state area---so I am sure it wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

To me either there is more to this or I simply don't get it. No anonymous notes to the NCAA that this is happening...I find it odd that programs that know this is going on don't report these violations to the NCAA. Maybe if these programs took a few hits for improper recruiting they would be a little more gun shy in doing things like that in the future.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News