ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Change in Attendance We R B1G

RU is good for 45-50kgame if competing in every game against a quality opponent. If playing at high level and playing for something in the BIG, RU will consistently bring in 50-55k/game.

GO RU
Yes to much of this but the bolded is the one we need to happen…consistency will go a long way. Breakthrough is great and important too but consistency is key.

The best results of this type of category is no changes up or down year after year because you sell out every year. Let's hope RU's trajectory up at some point stops because it has maxed out.

• Haha
Reactions: SpankyIsLying
Of course RUs attendance figures went up…he used a 2016-2018 average as a baseline. In the case of Kansas and RU, two of the worst college football teams then, it’s isn’t that hard to show progress.

The dude likes his pretty graphics but he sucks at meaningful arguments 🤭🤣

Maybe he can torture a correlation between this and a “diverse” student body somehow! ☺️

did the OP post this one

GJb9d-zWcAAJFQq

Of course RUs attendance figures went up…he used a 2016-2018 average as a baseline. In the case of Kansas and RU, two of the worst college football teams then, it’s isn’t that hard to show progress.

The dude likes his pretty graphics but he sucks at meaningful arguments 🤭🤣

Maybe he can torture a correlation between this and a “diverse” student body somehow! ☺️

lol...the numbers are inflated...meanwhile the OP keeps posting this weird guy on twitter who has the above poster said has pretty graphics but little substence
You both sound jelly. Sad you both can't revel in a little positivity about Rutgers, and look to tear it down. Be better. You both seemed to like the pretty graphics-maybe you can be in a relationship.

Interesting chart but I think it would be much more beneficial to show the crowd change as a % that is based on crowd v capacity, given that stadium sizes vary so much.

You both sound jelly. Sad you both can't revel in a little positivity about Rutgers, and look to tear it down. Be better. You both seemed to like the pretty graphics-maybe you can be in a relationship.
so RU did not inflate attendance....but we know they did which makes your pretty chart meaningles for anything

So typical NJ & RU to crap all over any positive news.
It's the difference between observing numbers and actually being in the stadium.

That being said, if the numbers are always distributed tickets, the percentage increase could be real if you consider in-person attendance 2016 or 17 to 2022/23. We had a lot of 35K attended sellouts, but our 30K crowd in 2016 could have been the same actual attendance as the Temple 2002 game in a downpour....so it's still a decent increase.

• Haha
Reactions: SpankyIsLying
It's the difference between observing numbers and actually being in the stadium.

That being said, if the numbers are always distributed tickets, the percentage increase could be real if you consider in-person attendance 2016 or 17 to 2022/23. We had a lot of 35K attended sellouts, but our 30K crowd in 2016 could have been the same actual attendance as the Temple 2002 game in a downpour....so it's still a decent increase.
I've said it before and I'm saying it now. There was zero need to do the last expansion. They could have kept it a horse shoe and added more club boxes instead. Instead we are still paying off the last expansion.

I've said it before and I'm saying it now. There was zero need to do the last expansion. They could have kept it a horse shoe and added more club boxes instead. Instead we are still paying off the last expansion.
I’m glad we did it. Just wish it didn’t cost as much…the whole idea of “the future plan of an upper deck and the footings needed to support it” was dumb IMO.

I wonder what happens if the original “C” was built instead of the scaled down “U” (and what came with the change order) we ended up with?

Reactions: Knight Shift
I’m glad we did it. Just wish it didn’t cost as much…the whole idea of “the future plan of an upper deck and the footings needed to support it” was dumb IMO.

I wonder what happens if the original “C” was built instead of the scaled down “U” (and what came with the change order) we ended up with?
Adding boxes and maybe a low level end zone seating for the band was all that was needed. Leave the cannon on the hill. So much was spent for nothing that will never be needed or used.

Adding boxes and maybe a low level end zone seating for the band was all that was needed. Leave the cannon on the hill. So much was spent for nothing that will never be needed or used.
That’s the part I didn’t like.

A finished bowl, those suites you’re talking about, along with a few, just a few, bells and whistles and that should (have) be enough.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Agree
Plus the hill was scenic
I sure miss the giant smoke ring after a touchdown heading to the south end goal posts. We went from that to being stuck in the corner which half the crowd doesn't have a good view.

We expanded after one year where we sold out season seats
Had we kept winning the expansion would have made sense

Reactions: Jimpeg
I doubt that the level of dishonesty in reporting attendance has changed in the last ten years. So these trend numbers are worth credence. The fact that we're up is good, especially because it's clear that not everyone is up. The increase shows that the fanbase does indeed respond as the team gets better. That's as it should be. Let's hope the team continues to get better, and that attendance continues to go up as it does.

I doubt that the level of dishonesty in reporting attendance has changed in the last ten years. So these trend numbers are worth credence. The fact that we're up is good, especially because it's clear that not everyone is up. The increase shows that the fanbase does indeed respond as the team gets better. That's as it should be. Let's hope the team continues to get better, and that attendance continues to go up as it does.
As usual, the rational take. It's a shame we have some fans that can never seem to look at the bright side of things and feel the need to cast stones at anything mildly positive.

We expanded after one year where we sold out season seats
Had we kept winning the expansion would have made sense
No that's not true at all. 90% of season tickets renewed (which is a good percentage) but people on the waiting list did not show up. So bad that Rutgers had to offer partial season tickets for the first time.
Avg attendance (announced not tickets sold) was 49k, well under capacity.

We’ve had crowds of 53k before. I’m sure RU could get creative to add another 2k fans if the demand is there.

GO RU
Our top-5 home attendances all-time:

1) 11/19/22 vs. State Penn - 55,676
2) 9/13/14 vs. State Penn - 53,774 (first B1G game)
3) 9/7/09 vs. Cincinnati - 53,737 (first game in expanded stadium)
4) 10/5/14 vs. Michigan - 53, 327 (first B1G win)
5) 10/25/15 vs. Ohio St. - 53,111 (first OSU visit)

SHI definitely has more than 52,454 seats. My guess is they're willing to but up against the fire code when pressed. I'd bet it's something in the 55,000 area. The original building sat 41,500 and I remember hearing the new south endzone would sit an additional 13,000 on top of the club seating added in '08. By capacity, our student section ranks top-10 in the nation.

Reactions: Fat Koko and satnom
No that's not true at all. 90% of season tickets renewed (which is a good percentage) but people on the waiting list did not show up. So bad that Rutgers had to offer partial season tickets for the first time.
Avg attendance (announced not tickets sold) was 49k, well under capacity.

What is true is my friend applied for two season tickets and was told the stadium was sold out

This was when we had the temporary seats in the student section, maybe 2007?

They were saying sold out, And I had to scramble game to game to get him tickets so he could join us

Reactions: mosito
Maybe you should stop saying it. No expansion, no B1G.
That also a 100% false statement. There was no seating requirement by the Big Ten as many keep bringing up. There was no pressure for them to play bigger opponents at the Meadowlands as those same people proclaimed. During the signing of the agreement to join the Big Ten, Delany admitted during the press conference that he didn't even know we closed in the South end. The Big Ten already did their walk through years before and Nebraska was selected instead. I've posted all the news links so many times before.

Last edited:
What is true is my friend applied for two season tickets and was told the stadium was sold out

This was when we had the temporary seats in the student section, maybe 2007?

They were saying sold out, And I had to scramble game to game to get him tickets so he could join us
If course that was 2006 when we started hot and beat UNC to start the season on the road.
Limited seating is a good thing.

No, the reason posters are "crapping all over" this thread is because the "news" is phony and fake. There has been ZERO increase in Rutgers football attendance. In fact, it's gone the opposite direction as FOIA audits have proven.

For the past several years, there have been articles, pictures and first-hand accounts of how Rutgers football attendance numbers are clearly being fudged by the athletic department. Instead of encouraging a healthy debate, you have decided to silence and ban Rutgers fans who've rightly pointed out this fact. The worst part is that @Richie O has allowed you to abuse your position as a moderator in an effort to control and censor discussions about this topic.

This is the worst college football message board in the nation thanks in large part to you. To be fair, though, it's not really even a football board. It's an off-topic board with a few football threads mixed in.
He isn’t abusing his position.

He isn’t banning anyone without running it by me first and I have final say on said bans.

He is allowed to have his opinion on things as he’s a fan just like you and everyone else on the board.

The last part couldn’t be further from the truth, we are one of the top B1G sites in the network. This message board serves as an outlet for Rutgers fans to talk all types of topics. Not to mention it’s the offseason, the portal is closed and other than spring ball it’s relatively quiet so yeah you’ll obviously see more OT threads.

He isn’t abusing his position.

He isn’t banning anyone without running it by me first and I have final say on said bans.

He is allowed to have his opinion on things as he’s a fan just like you and everyone else on the board.

The last part couldn’t be further from the truth, we are one of the top B1G sites in the network. This message board serves as an outlet for Rutgers fans to talk all types of topics. Not to mention it’s the offseason, the portal is closed and other than spring ball it’s relatively quiet so yeah you’ll obviously see more OT threads.
Solid.
Many of us love this multifaceted nature of this board.
Two observations that amuse me:.
1. Many OT threads (e.g. pork roll, Central Jersey) get way more posts, traffic and reads than most on topic football threads.

2. The ever present Debbie Downers in our fanbase who take an innocuous positive thread and turn it into a negative for Rutgers. Never fails. Maybe I don't visit enough other boards, but do these people exists on the Nebraska, Penn State, Ohio State and other boards? IDK, considering where our football program has been and is currently at, take every little bit of positive news and every ray of sunshine and shout it from the rooftops!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT