ADVERTISEMENT

Blueprint for football success

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
Posted this in another thread, but it really comes down to four main pillars IMO - Recruiting, Portal, NIL and buy-in. The fan base would be happy with consistent 8-9 win seasons, so here's what I feel would be the secret sauce to achieve that:

1. Recruiting - Jersey, Eastern PA, CT, Delaware, NYC, Long Island, FL, Ohio, DC.

2. Portal - It's akin to relief pitching in baseball, where you're not going to hit on every target and some years will be better than others. But I'm seeing how beneficial it can be down in Tallahassee. FSU used to get top 5 classes every year; now, with NIL / other factors, they're lucky to crack the top 15. Portal is a great way to supplement the 4 and 5 stars you're missing out on from the high school ranks.

3. BYU/Wake Forest/Academy type buy-in and player development - Everyone needs to be drinking the Kool-Aid, keep kids in your program for 4-5 years, weight training, development, culture and coaching are paramount.

4. NIL - It's huge, but everyone is doing it differently. A & M and Miami are going after high school kids. High upside for sure, but a lot of risk. FSU is going after roster retention (similar to KOR); knowing they likely can't compete with the big boys $$ wise just yet, they're looking to retain their core group, in hopes of making a run and establish a certain culture and getting back to the standard they're accustomed to.

Just my two cents. Greg is clearly on the clock. My firm belief is he'll be gone by 2025 if he doesn't turn things around quickly.

It's getting late early for him; my hope is that he learns from his mistakes and sticks to his specialty; defense and special teams. Whether or not that, or any of the aforementioned points happen, to make us consistently successful, ultimately remains to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News