ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Boone is in the portal

Always liked Boone but he was definitely rubbing some people the wrong way with some of his post match antics. Wonder if Goodale is cleaning house a little bit.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Always liked Boone but he was definitely rubbing some people the wrong way with some of his post match antics. Wonder if Goodale is cleaning house a little bit.
Supposedly in the portal b/c he graduates. Definitely surprising to hear that though. Always thought he had a place here. This is where the losing Kyonte is going to be felt. Hope they can get the Harvard guy or Nevils

This would effect out Team during duals, but limited impact in NCAA Tourney.
He is our best heavyweight, but if he has graduated, he may want to get on with life (See Heilman)
Would this free up some scholarship money?

This would effect out Team during duals, but limited impact in NCAA Tourney.
He is our best heavyweight, but if he has graduated, he may want to get on with life (See Heilman)
Would this free up some scholarship money?
If he graduated and has decided he justs wants to get on with life there would be no reason to enter the transfer portal.

If he graduated and has decided he justs wants to get on with life there would be no reason to enter the transfer portal.
In some situations if a guy is done wrestling but has eligibility and wants to go right into coaching they have to enter the portal , dellavechia from rider has to do this …no idea what boones plan is just putting it out there

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Boone doesn’t strike me as the coaching type. Could just be a formality with graduating and keeping options open for grad school. He improved a lot this year but coming into the year Goodale talked about him in a similar way to how he talked about Alvarez. Spoke highly of the talent and potential but the guy needs to want it.

Boone doesn’t strike me as the coaching type. Could just be a formality with graduating and keeping options open for grad school. He improved a lot this year but coming into the year Goodale talked about him in a similar way to how he talked about Alvarez. Spoke highly of the talent and potential but the guy needs to want it.
Feels like Goodale talks like this about all our wrestlers..

Disagree. He’ll talk about guys who are all business or practice room guys in a better tone. Don’t think he said a bad word about guys like Heilman, White, Clark all year.
I meant like he always says x guy got big potential.. to do well.. like Glasgow and when Camp first got here.. x guy got big potential .. most talented can compete for y… didn’t mean it in a bad word about guys type of way..

I meant like he always says x guy got big potential.. to do well.. like Glasgow and when Camp first got here.. x guy got big potential .. most talented can compete for y… didn’t mean it in a bad word about guys type of way..
He probably means it and says that to hopefully re-ignite their fire. There's no doubt that we've had some talented kids. Some just got distracted and lost the passion. I really think this roster is still feeling the covid effect. Like, several good kids spiraled, which isn't a Rutgers issue; it's a national issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT