ADVERTISEMENT

Can You Answer 21 Questions That Every American Should Know?

Silly quiz. The average American doesn't need to know stuff like whether Election Day is the first Tuesday of November or the Tuesday after the first Monday in November (that's what calendars are for).

Silly quiz. The average American doesn't need to know stuff like whether Election Day is the first Tuesday of November or the Tuesday after the first Monday in November (that's what calendars are for).

But the point is unless you've been living in a cave in Afghanistan your whole life you know the answer to that question.

But the point is unless you've been living in a cave in Afghanistan your whole life you know the answer to that question.

Not necessarily. You know that Election Day is a Tuesday at the beginning of November, but most people probably don't know (and have no need to know) whether Election Day is the first Tuesday, or the Tuesday after the first Monday.

Likewise most people don't know if Thanksgiving is the 3rd Thursday in November, or the 4th Thursday, or the last Thursday, or second to last Thursday.

Quick.Without looking it up, which of the following is a National Holiday in the US?
A) Presidents' Day
B) Washington's Birthday
C) Lincoln's Birthday
D) None of the above

What is really silly is it didn't say how many I got right, just that I answered better than 90% of the people.

Easter is the First Sunday after the first full moon following the Spring equinox. Quite Pagan like method to celebrate the death and resurrection of the Lord, yeh?

Does this mean I got them all right?

"We salute you! You got the top score! Which means you got more answers right than 90% of the population. You understand the intricacies of this great nation and how it works. You might as well move to D.C. right now, they could use a mind like yours to set things right!"

Reactions: HeyHuey
Going one step up from silly. It's BULL SHIT.

Reminds me of when Leno used to do jay walking. It was amazing how stupid some people were. He would give you the answer, and they still couldn't get it.

Leno: Who was the 28th president of the United states?
Dumb blonde: No idea
Leno: Who was dennis the menace's next door neighbor?
Dumb Blonde: Mr. Wilson
Leno: Who was the 28th president?
Dumb BLonde: no clue

Some of the questions were silly, but I agree that every American should know the answers to 90% of these questions.

But from I've seen when people on the street are asked such questions (i.e., the Jay Leno street walking clips), I suspect that the average American would be hard pressed to get 50% correct.

We salute you! You got the top score! Which means you got more answers right than 90% of the population. You understand the intricacies of this great nation and how it works. You might as well move to D.C. right now, they could use a mind like yours to set things right!

Everyone should be able to answer these questions as well as the ones asked on the citizenship test. When my wife became a citizen they asked her to translate the test to others. When that wasn't good enough they asked her to provide the correct answers.........she refused and everyone passed.......

Easter is the First Sunday after the first full moon following the Spring equinox. Quite Pagan like method to celebrate the death and resurrection of the Lord, yeh?

Not for much longer. I just read an article this morning that the Pope is seriously looking into having Easter be the same date every year.

As for this "quiz" I don't know anyone that has failed it.

9f8c6563-bdd3-4092-8b43-fc2943dac4a2.gif

We salute you! You got the top score! Which means you got more answers right than 90% of the population. You understand the intricacies of this great nation and how it works. You might as well move to D.C. right now, they could use a mind like yours to set things right!

Last edited:
Not for much longer. I just read an article this morning that the Pope is seriously looking into having Easter be the same date every year.

As for this "quiz" I don't know anyone that has failed it.
Would make planning spring break vacations a lot easier

Reactions: MrsScrew
I wonder if this is set up to say that everyone got the top score, no matter what you answer,. I'm going to retake it and intentionally give the wrong answers, and see what happens.

My result after intentionally flunking it:

You should brush up on your knowledge of this great nation!
ff49f499-953b-430a-8070-ae2d4b4fe980.gif

You clearly love this great nation, but you could stand to brush up on your knowledge of it a bit more. You got many questions correct, but you're missing some of the finer details of this government's functions and mechanisms. We're sure you'll pick it right up as soon as you get started!

What other questions should every American be able to answer? Tell us in the comments!

In actuality, I didn't get any answers correct.

I got this score as well!
Some of the questions were silly, but I agree that every American should know the answers to 90% of these questions.

But from I've seen when people on the street are asked such questions (i.e., the Jay Leno street walking clips), I suspect that the average American would be hard pressed to get 50% correct.

Which is the problem and why we have the government we do. We are a dumb America and don't understand our country. So freaking sad.

I wonder if this is set up to say that everyone got the top score, no matter what you answer,. I'm going to retake it and intentionally give the wrong answers, and see what happens.

Maybe our Rutgers education placed all of us in the top 10%. I wonder how people from other states and schools perform when taking this test. Or if younger people would do as well (premising this is a slightly older crowd).

Well we are all greater than 90% of Americans I guess there are no 10%'er here lol

Well we are all greater than 90% of Americans I guess there are no 10%'er here lol
These kids are brain dead. I was purchasing something last week and it was $11.19. I gave him a $20 bill plus a quarter so I did not have to get all the change back. Well he did not get it and gave me all kinds of change back and the math was all wrong . I tried to explain it over and over and he had NO clue what I was talking about . Took way too much time so next time I see a millennial at the register I won't do this again not worth it .

These kids are brain dead. I was purchasing something last week and it was $11.19. I gave him a $20 bill plus a quarter so I did not have to get all the change back. Well he did not get it and gave me all kinds of change back and the math was all wrong . I tried to explain it over and over and he had NO clue what I was talking about . Took way too much time so next time I see a millennial at the register I won't do this again not worth it .

Do you know how hard it is to do arithmetic in your head while stoned/drunk and that's not even taking into consideration keeping track of dollars and cents in your head?

Perfect score! But that was way too easy.

It is shocking to think that many could not answer those correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT