ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Game Thread

Joey Bacala

All Conference
Aug 12, 2005
Come on Iowa!!!

A few thoughts as the third quarter ends.

• Mulkey looks ridiculous as always - she should ask her therapist why she has this unbelievable need to draw the attention to herself by dressing like an idiot. It's about the players not about you asshole. Ever hear of servant leadership??
  • Referees are horrible.
  • Kaitlin Clark and Reese are unbelievable talents

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Coach Stringer must be rolling at this lack of Iowa defense.

Better offense beats better offense though :/
This is the new era of college bball

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Another thought seeing the end of the game. Reese is an amazing talent but she's a bigger asshole than her brother if that's possible.

The mocking of Kaitlin Clark and going out of her way to get up in Clark's face was completely bush league and unnecessary. Let your play and the win speak for itself. That really bothered me - really made her ugly personality shine through.

Another thought seeing the end of the game. Reese is an amazing talent but she's a bigger asshole than her brother if that's possible.

The mocking of Kaitlin Clark and going out of her way to get up in Clark's face was completely bush league and unnecessary. Let your play and the win speak for itself. That really bothered me - really made her ugly personality shine through.

Totally agree. Looks like she taunted Clark a few times. Looked like once during free throws and another time as game concluded - right in her face.

Utterly classless

Funny how everyone thought that Caitlin Clark’s taunts were great but LSU is classless lol.

Fwiw - I personally don’t ever find taunts to be “great”. Poor sportsmanship period

But the lsu players are going to get more heat as they did it at a much more prominent time and even less appropriate time - at the end of the championship game and the trophy presentation.

Eg if Reese did the hand motion in the 2nd quarter we wouldnt even be talking about it

taunts are part of the game now, sad but true.
Sorry Iowa lost, but you can bet the taunts would be coming from there if they won
Anyone know the reason LSU didn't show up for the National Anthem

Last edited:
Funny how everyone thought that Caitlin Clark’s taunts were great but LSU is classless lol.
I've never seen someone rub a win into someone's face literally for 15 straight seconds at the end of the game like Reece did do Clark. Not at any level.

• Haha
Reactions: Scarletwoman
Come on Iowa!!!

A few thoughts as the third quarter ends.

• Mulkey looks ridiculous as always - she should ask her therapist why she has this unbelievable need to draw the attention to herself by dressing like an idiot. It's about the players not about you asshole. Ever hear of servant leadership??
  • Referees are horrible.
  • Kaitlin Clark and Reese are unbelievable talents
Mulkey's suit was awesome. Why are you fixated on her? Not healthy and more than creepy. Did she turn you down for a date back in the day? If you want to show respect to Ms. Clark, perhaps you should spell her name correctly.

Is your hood too tight? It seems to be cutting off circulation to your brain. Surprised you didn't type Kaitlin Klark. See one of the other TWO Kim Mulkey threads for my comment on policing the behaviour of black women while letting the same behaviour go for white women.

I've never seen someone rub a win into someone's face literally for 15 straight seconds at the end of the game like Reece did do Clark. Not at any level.
Provide a link to the video of it, all 15 straight seconds. There is plenty of disgusting fan behaviour throughout the world. To write that you have never seen someone rubbing a win into someone else's face make me think you don't watch much sports. If Reese (Who is Reece?) did want to make sure that Clark saw her, I think it is fine that Reese was making sure that Clark was aware that her own previous behaviour did not go unnoticed. By the way, the Tigers have been doing the ring gesture for a few games to the crowd and to each other, I think. I doubt that it was pulled out as a taunt against a defeated opponent. Second by the way, read a post-game question to Clark about the alleged taunt, and her reply was that she did not even notice. Not tracking down the link.

Last edited:
Provide a link to the video of it, all 15 straight seconds. There is plenty of disgusting fan behaviour throughout the world. To write that you have never seen someone rubbing a win into someone else's face make me think you don't watch much sports. If Reese (Who is Reece?) did want to make sure that Clark saw her, I think it is fine that Reese was making sure that Clark was aware that her own previous behaviour did not go unnoticed. By the way, the Tigers have been doing the ring gesture for a few games to the crowd and to each other, I think. I doubt that it was pulled out as a taunt against a defeated opponent. Second by the way, read a post-game question to Clark about the alleged taunt, and her reply was that she did not even notice. Not tracking down the link.

I literally just found out this girl Reese existed today btw. I've been hearing of this Caitlyn Clark putting up James Harden numbers but today was the first time I've seen her play live. Other women's basketball players I know include Cappie Pondexter, Cheryl Swoops and Lisa Leslie lol.

And no I watch lot of college basketball and NBA and I've never seen anything like that. I mean I could you imagine LeBron James doing something like this? She's not even looking to celebrate with her team, she's actively seeking Clark to rub it in her face first. Apparently she calls her a "hoe" as well.

People are getting so emotional about this because of the races of the players. People need to chill out. I mean it clearly doesn't bother Clark.

Last edited:
People are getting so emotional about this because of the races of the players. People need to chill out. I mean it clearly doesn't bother Clark.

Fwiw - when i commented on it I had no idea that Clark had done the hand gesture in a previous game nor was I aware of her disrespect to the girl at the 3 point line

Now that I see them I consider her actions equally classless

It’s unfortunate that these women are acting this way.

And before scarletwoman inevitably assigns the laugh emoji to this post I feel the same way when the men do it. I guess scarletwoman is a fan of poor sportsmanship?

If taunting is NEVER great, how come it wasn’t a big deal until LSU won yesterday and not during the tournament when Clark was doing her thing?

That is all.

Reactions: ea_1 and newell138
If taunting is NEVER great, how come it wasn’t a big deal until LSU won yesterday and not during the tournament when Clark was doing her thing?

That is all.
NBA players taunt all the time during the game. Dame does Dame Time, Harden does cooking, curry does three glasses. Nobody takes offense to it, it's part of the game. For some reason Reese takes offense when Clark does "can't see me" and a hand wave on defense to OTHER teams? Makes no sense.

That is all.
Don't like Clark - admire her game, actually rooted for her team for a number of reasons, but I have seen a lot of instances where she should have earned a T in some games - for real, not the stupid toss away of the ball.

I have seen Reese do some minor taunting in the past, and I don't like it, either. But no more or less than any other player. It isn't the style I prefer.

My objection in this particular instance was that it was after the game. I just wish she hadn't. You cannot make it a good look. Perfectly common in sport and not a direct knock on her, but it isn't a good look when Clark does it, when someone from my team (Arizona, now) stands over a player and taunts (never mind the "T" consequence), it isn't a good look when someone in the NBA or NFL does it. But they all do.

NBA players taunt all the time during the game. Dame does Dame Time, Harden does cooking, curry does three glasses. Nobody takes offense to it, it's part of the game. For some reason Reese takes offense when Clark does "can't see me" and a hand wave on defense to OTHER teams? Makes no sense.
People really don't read articles with the full quotes, do they. The LSU players said that they thought Clark was disrespectful to South Carolina players and essentially said that Clark would not get away with that attitude against LSU. LSU players would take it personally and respond by taking the shots.

Just saw this post so I'll reply... I'm not a fan of Caitlin Clark's occasional showboating type behavior either, but Clark did the hand gesture to the Louisville bench after a made 3PT shot. The gesture lasted no more than a second. Clark brushed off a South Carolina guard's outside shooting ability during a play and left her open at the 3 point line, and again it lasted no more than a second. That's it.

Compare that to Angel Reese, who, as the clock was ticking down and LSU players had started to celebrate, followed and continuously taunted Clark for 12 to 13 straight seconds, with the taunting not being specifically related to the play. If you look at each event in full and not just a photo or a 1 or 2 second video clip, the two situations are quite different, and "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" type responses don't seem appropriate in this case because of the differences in what actually transpired.

Video should start just as Reese is initially walking up to Clark to start taunting after LSU got the final rebound and is dribbling out the clock. The two are standing on the 2023 Dallas logo toward the bottom of the screen. Reese starts taunting with her hand up with just under 13 seconds left on the clock and finally stops as the buzzer sounds. (Video is larger and easier to see if click on "full screen" rectangle icon under the video screen at the far right.)

bac should like this one.

Angel Reese said she will refuse to go to the White House, but that she wants to go the Obama's home instead. (Hopefully she's already seen Barack and Michelle's women's tournament brackets.)

"Reese also indicated that Biden was supposed to come to their locker room before the game, but she said the team said no.

When asked why, she said it was because President Biden “put somebody else” to win the national championship and didn’t have LSU in his bracket. For context: Biden predicted Villanova would win the title and his pre-tournament bracket did not have LSU advancing past the second round."

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/04/angel-reese-obama-jill-biden-lsu-white-house-visit

Reactions: bac2therac
bac should like this one.

Angel Reese said she will refuse to go to the White House, but that she wants to go the Obama's home instead. (Hopefully she's already seen Barack and Michelle's women's tournament brackets.)

"Reese also indicated that Biden was supposed to come to their locker room before the game, but she said the team said no.

When asked why, she said it was because President Biden “put somebody else” to win the national championship and didn’t have LSU in his bracket. For context: Biden predicted Villanova would win the title and his pre-tournament bracket did not have LSU advancing past the second round."

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/04/angel-reese-obama-jill-biden-lsu-white-house-visit
That's....what? This girl is a toddler.

People really don't read articles with the full quotes, do they. The LSU players said that they thought Clark was disrespectful to South Carolina players and essentially said that Clark would not get away with that attitude against LSU. LSU players would take it personally and respond by taking the shots.
Incredibly immature. Doesn't even make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT