ADVERTISEMENT

"Crime plummets in Camden"

Originally posted by pmvon:
Polar vortex?
I thought so too, at first, but the story says that Philadelphia, right across the river, did not experience a similar decrease. The numbers are small, and we'll have to see if this is a trend. In any case, it's nice for Camden to have some publicity that's not terrible.

Perhaps they were just running out of people to rob, assault, kill, etc.

Originally posted by camdenlawprof:

Polar vortex?
I thought so too, at first, but the story says that Philadelphia, right across the river, did not experience a similar decrease. The numbers are small, and we'll have to see if this is a trend. In any case, it's nice for Camden to have some publicity that's not terrible.
What part of Philadelphia?

Originally posted by e5fdny:
Originally posted by camdenlawprof:

Polar vortex?
What part of Philadelphia?
Everyone in Philadelphia knows that the crime is concentrated in the bad areas -- that is, in areas like Camden.

Camden - Is the drop in crime due to less crimes being reported (e.g. Newark under McCarthy) or is it due to a genuine drop?

This post was edited on 4/25 9:13 AM by cyrock3

Originally posted by cyrock3:
Camden - Is the drop in crime due to less crimes being reported (e.g. Newark under McCarthy) or is it due to a genuine drop?

This post was edited on 4/25 9:13 AM by cyrock3
I don't know, but I would think the rate of reporting would go up because of the community police tactics praised in the articles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT