ADVERTISEMENT

Did you make the Temple game thread wall of shame?

HeywoodGiant

Senior
Gold Member
May 5, 2019
The following are real posts from the Temple game thread. Salvi's Headband is this week's winner based upon quantity. However, RU-Choppin-Ohio's inane post about playing to test the FG kicker is a classic.

JudgeSmails56 said:
Here comes a loss. 14-13.

Salvi's Headband said:
We are losing this game

Shell21 said:
playing not to lose is how you lose

scarknight90 said:
Think it’s pretty clear that our OL/DL still aren’t ready for B1G time football.

Salvi's Headband said:
I'm ready to turn this shit off.

Rusojo said:
This is on the staff as far as I’m concerned

Salvi's Headband said:
Have kind of a bad feeling about this second half

Salvi's Headband said:
Greg is such a fat moron. Now we're pinned deep again.

Caliknight said:
Most are not taught that especially coverage dependent
Not good ones

RU-Choppin-Ohio said:
I get the sense that they wanted to test Patel with a long FG. We now know going forward he was go from 51 or a little longer.

Koleszar said:
The passes are there Gavin is just throwing dirt rockets.

B1GRUfan said:
If we don’t score again we will lose this game. Classic Schiano. Seen this movie too many times.

zappaa said:
It’s the offense that sucks

RUTGERS95 said:
stop with the bs, this is on the staff. we should be hosing these guys and instead, we play not to lose

Mr_Sinister said:
Flip QBs and this is not even close. It's that simple

Ryanmt222 said:
This is gonna be like one of the games the basketball team lost late in the year where it seemed like everything is in the bag.

JFK20 said:
Year 4 and in a bloodbath vs Temple on your home field.

zappaa said:
How about we run an offense

Caliknight said:
The coordinators change but the ineptitude stays consistent.
There is one constant.

Not all of those were bad, namely, the ones that called for an offense. We finally got one in Q4. Others were just frustration. But some of the others being called out for dickish posts makes this thread worth it.

How are most of them incorrect, the score was 13-7 in the 4th quarter? Jeez, if you went by the posts on this board subsequent to the game you would think we were dominating the scoreboard throughout the game. It's obvious some of the posts were made when Temple scored to make it 13-7, at that point I challenge anyone who was actually watching the game to think that Rutgers was not going to be in a dog fight until the very end.

Passion, frustration and anger often overlap.
These threads can be submitted to doctors, therapists and insurance companies as proof of said overlapping. Here forward let it be forever known as Overlapping Syndrome, naming credit going to Knight Shift and RaRa while the actual syndrome is attributed to everyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
I was a little worried at 13-7 but didn't post in the game thread 😊. Glad the offense came alive right after.

I never do game threads. I choose to just watch the game.

I also choose to watch all the young ladies sitting around me.

Reactions: Foads
Who honestly cares what people post in a game thread? It’s supposed to be people live posting their emotions and hot takes.

Reactions: bac2therac
I am old enough to be very thankful that cell phones with cameras didn’t exist when I was aged 15-30 to record the stupid things I did and said for posterity.

This thread is a good example of how much it sucks to have every misstep one makes recorded somewhere.

These threads can be submitted to doctors, therapists and insurance companies as proof of said overlapping. Here forward let it be forever known as Overlapping Syndrome, naming credit going to Knight Shift and RaRa while the actual syndrome is attributed to everyone else.
I'm frustrated, but not angry that my named syndrome must be shared, even if it is with the esteemed RutgersRaRa, but I am not also not very passionate about it, so:

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

😜

I'm frustrated, but not angry that my named syndrome must be shared, even if it is with the esteemed RutgersRaRa, but I am not also not very passionate about it, so:

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

😜
Excellent!! I'm more sentimental about these sorts of things so I got to the office just in time to file the paperwork. Thanks to a helpful employee who accepted a $100,000 candy bar in lieu of documents, I also legally changed your name to Knight Shift.

OIP.-yZnr-R02ppqPMRCG1lpdQHaH8

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Actually these were moderate complaints and some are only out of frustration . Go back the last 7 years and look at the posts.

Excellent!! I'm more sentimental about these sorts of things so I got to the office just in time to file the paperwork. Thanks to a helpful employee who accepted a $100,000 candy bar in lieu of documents, I also legally changed your name to Knight Shift.

OIP.-yZnr-R02ppqPMRCG1lpdQHaH8
You do know that you are dealing with a duly appointed and registered attorney licensed to mis-practice law before the USPTO? I also know people in high places and have access to judges who rule on these things. Documents get lost all the time.

The following are real posts from the Temple game thread. Salvi's Headband is this week's winner based upon quantity. However, RU-Choppin-Ohio's inane post about playing to test the FG kicker is a classic.

JudgeSmails56 said:

Salvi's Headband said:
We are losing this game

Shell21 said:

scarknight90 said:
Think it’s pretty clear that our OL/DL still aren’t ready for B1G time football.

Salvi's Headband said:

Rusojo said:

Salvi's Headband said:

Salvi's Headband said:

Caliknight said:
Not good ones

RU-Choppin-Ohio said:
I get the sense that they wanted to test Patel with a long FG. We now know going forward he was go from 51 or a little longer.

Koleszar said:

B1GRUfan said:
If we don’t score again we will lose this game. Classic Schiano. Seen this movie too many times.

zappaa said:

RUTGERS95 said:
stop with the bs, this is on the staff. we should be hosing these guys and instead, we play not to lose

Mr_Sinister said:

Ryanmt222 said:
This is gonna be like one of the games the basketball team lost late in the year where it seemed like everything is in the bag.

JFK20 said:

zappaa said:

Caliknight said:
There is one constant.
I have two posters on my ignore list and they both make that list - quite an accomplishment. Most of those posts were probably made from mommy's basement.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83

JudgeSmails56 said:

Salvi's Headband said:
We are losing this game

Shell21 said:

scarknight90 said:

Salvi's Headband said:

Rusojo said:

Salvi's Headband said:

Salvi's Headband said:

Caliknight said:
Not good ones

RU-Choppin-Ohio said:

Koleszar said:

B1GRUfan said:

zappaa said:

RUTGERS95 said:

Mr_Sinister said:

Ryanmt222 said:

JFK20 said:

zappaa said:

Caliknight said:
There is one constant.

@Salvi's Headband has always been such a negative nancy. And that's going back over a decade...

He's up there with that AshCatchem guy that would give Chris Ash fellatio each day and twice on Sundays.

Most of those posts were probably made from mommy's basement.
🤣🤣. When I first knew there was a game thread where people actually are posting DURING the game that was my first thought! Those poor, lonely bastards who have no friends, are in Mom's basement trying to talk about the game online. Lol.
I still find it kind of creepy.

Reactions: letitrip2
I stand by what I said, when I said it during the game. Gavin started off great going 7 for 8, I said this when Gavin suddenly became extremely inaccurate during his 1 for 6 stretch where the offense was bogging down and he missed bad on some open receivers.

And yes, he plowed a couple of them into the turf. He was given plenty of time and yet missed them. That's not on the Oline like so many like to blame, whenever our offense doesn't move.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT