ADVERTISEMENT

Donations for Nikki

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Sorry to start another thread, but, don't want it to get lost, and mingled in.
Family has requested that donations go to Kay Yow foundation. Ladies make your mammogram appointments, and gents talk to your wife's, and gf's

Reactions: eso1989 and djrc89
Do you think our playing sc this season had anything to do with coaches illness?

What’s wrong with you people. I wasn’t being insensitive in any way. She coached there.she’s a hero. Maybe there was a thought to honor her. Jeez people

What’s wrong with you people. I wasn’t being insensitive in any way. She coached there.she’s a hero. Maybe there was a thought to honor her. Jeez people
just delete as asked , not make an excuse for your insensitivity.
For your information the Kay Yow was a long time North Carolina State WBB Head Coach that died from breast cancer

Last edited:
Reactions: dfr1966
just delete as asked , not make an excuse for your insensitivity.
For your information the Kay Yow was a long time North Carolina State WBB Head Coach that died from breast cancer
I thought the post was horribly phrased, but I didn't assume he was necessarily insensitive; I took it as a question whether perhaps the game was scheduled to honor her (alive) at South Carolina - she was extremely close with Dawn Staley, as we have seen. Many today do not remember what a force she was as a player and apparently as a coach as well.

That said, I don't think it likely that the schedule had to do with her health, but yes perhaps something to do with her friendship with Dawn.

I rarely jump to the worse thought about someone when they make an awkward post.

Reactions: RUsundevil
I thought the post was horribly phrased, but I didn't assume he was necessarily insensitive; I took it as a question whether perhaps the game was scheduled to honor her (alive) at South Carolina - she was extremely close with Dawn Staley, as we have seen. Many today do not remember what a force she was as a player and apparently as a coach as well.

That said, I don't think it likely that the schedule had to do with her health, but yes perhaps something to do with her friendship with Dawn.

I rarely jump to the worse thought about someone when they make an awkward post.
After re reading it, poster should have edited it instead of trying to legitimize what was posted.
It came across as very insensitive in my opinion.
Not intended to be what message looked like to those that read it could be a valid excuse, but not editing it after the complaints takes away from getting the benefit of doubt. Even if an explanation was made while complaining about the complainers

I got the point of the post. Generally try to take everything I read online casually since I don't know their tone, intention, or grammar expertise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT