ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Robinson leaving

"Syracuse has hired Drew Robinson, formerly the assistant athletic director of creative services and fan experience at Rutgers, to be their new director of football operations,"

"Robinson is a graduate of Syracuse's Maxwell School in 2007. He held his current title at Rutgers for 10 months. Prior to that, he spent August 2012 - June 2014 as the director of branding with the school. From October 2009 - August 2012, Robinson worked at the MSG Varsity Network in a variety of roles."

Well now RU's gone and done it. Even though RU's in the B1G, it can't even keep Drew Robinson. Drew Robinson! To Syracuse!? Syracuse is a far flung after-thought of the ACC, and RU still can't win the battle for Drew Robinson. Drew Robinson is out the door and my season tickets are going with him. Christ.

Drew is a great guy, and I enjoyed talking to him at the Big 10 Tour events. I did bust his chops about being a Syracuse grad, but he took it in stride. He is going back to his alma mater as Director of Football operations, so that's a nice promotion for him. The "New York's Team" branding didn't work out so well for the Cuse, so I'm sure that he will be able to improve that, as well as do the other work his new position requires. I wish him well.

-Scarlet Jerry

Agree with Jerry.

Had the pleasure of dealing with Drew a couple times. Always quick response and quick solution.

Hard working good guy. Wish him well wherever his career brings him.

Sorry he has to go to the tundra though. Guess he knows what he's in for
smile.r191677.gif

Well now RU's gone and done it. Even though RU's in the B1G, it can't even keep Drew Robinson. Drew Robinson! To Syracuse!? Syracuse is a far flung after-thought of the ACC, and RU still can't win the battle for Drew Robinson. Drew Robinson is out the door and my season tickets are going with him. Christ.

Could this be further evidence of low morale in the RU Athletic Dept ? Has Julie apologized yet ?

Could this be further evidence of low morale in the RU Athletic Dept ? Has Julie apologized yet ?
This is evidence of someone wanting to return to where he was a football student manager during his undergraduate years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT