ADVERTISEMENT

easiest way to reduce property taxes

R1776U

Hall of Famer
Sep 7, 2009
make people that have kids pay for their own kids education.. problem solved.. maybe that way more $ can be donated to RU by non alums who are fans that don't have kids?

Reactions: RUScrew85
No possible. Nj constitution required property be assessed on a uniform basis. Also required quality free public education. No way around that. Plus, all the old people now calling for this didn't bring it up while THEIR kids were in school lol. This proposal would cause the financial collapse of the public education system which is fine for me, but I'm a 1%-er, so nothing phases me when it comes to money.

The inescapable truth is that labor unions artificially drive up labor costs (and not just a little) and municipalities have to use union labor for some reason. Most of your problems are directly related to that.

4th idea, give everyone a gun and a garden hose and eliminate the cops and fireman.
Most towns are volunteer fire departments, but eliminating the fire apparatus will save a.lot. I would like to tell you about the fire engines and truck in my town, but I don't want to rile someone up.:scream:

Reactions: KaKaKen
Most towns are volunteer fire departments, but eliminating the fire apparatus will save a.lot. I would like to tell you about the fire engines and truck in my town, but I don't want to rile someone up.:scream:

They are probably the shiniest trucks in the world.

Second idea: make people who call 911 when their house gets robbed pay for the cops who show up.

This is easy!
or be more liberal about allowing people to invoke their 2nd Amendment rights and opt'ing out of police protection.. EASY!

Reactions: RUScrew85
make people that have kids pay for their own kids education.. problem solved.. maybe that way more $ can be donated to RU by non alums who are fans that don't have kids?

Of course this needs to be retroactive. So the bill, plus interest, for your education and your parents' education is in the mail. Also, any business that benefits from having educated employees will be expected to reimburse the community for that luxury.

simple as this... pay for shit you need or want... on your own

want fire/ems? sign up for it... want police protection? sign up for it.. want public works to clean your curb and pick up ur shit? sign up for it.. want little jimmy to go to school? sign up for it.... property taxes will drop like a rock if this happens

simple as this... pay for shit you need or want... on your own

Well, no. I dont want to pave the public roads that I need to take to work. Government should tax and handle that. The issue is my shopping for a guy to pave my office parking lot and a municipality shopping to pave one of its office parking lots is such that the municipality will be required to pay 5x more because....wait for it....

Unions.

Of course this needs to be retroactive. So the bill, plus interest, for your education and your parents' education is in the mail. Also, any business that benefits from having educated employees will be expected to reimburse the community for that luxury.
ever hear of paying for the education yourself?

Well, no. I dont want to pave the public roads that I need to take to work. Government should tax and handle that. The issue is my shopping for a guy to pave my office parking lot and a municipality shopping to pave one of its office parking lots is such that the municipality will be required to pay 5x more because....wait for it....

Unions.
kinda falls under public works... snow plowing roads, paving, brush collection... that is something i'd sign up for

And if your neighbors are noisy, OP could take them out for you. And citizens militias could handle other law enforcement issues. Shoot people on sight for any offense. Think of the savings in court costs.

Reactions: BLewis1968
I think there should be no public transportation....you want to ride it you foot the entire bill, but then again if you choose to drive you pay directly for every road you drive on...why should i pay for the north jersey coast line train or repaving rt 35. Btw all of you downthe shore....build your own dunes.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Don't have time. I'm busy with my string of polloponies, getting ready for morning tea at the country club, and polishing the road in front of the house that is paved with gold.[thumb2]
Having not recognized the word, I actually looked up "poloponies" thinking it was some kind of flower. Doh!

It was well worth looking up though. :)

want fire/ems? sign up for it... want police protection? sign up for it.. want public works to clean your curb and pick up ur shit? sign up for it.. want little jimmy to go to school? sign up for it.... property taxes will drop like a rock if this happens

The only realistic option is to move away from the state dominated by the Left. You're arguing with folks who for the most part vote for the folks who put these policies in. You won't win that argument here. Everyone here has a kid they want you to help pay for or a sister who's a poor underpaid teacher (LOL) or a brother-in-law with a backbreaking (LOL) union job. It's your duty to help support all of these heroes.

And if your neighbors are noisy, OP could take them out for you. And citizens militias could handle other law enforcement issues. Shoot people on sight for any offense. Think of the savings in court costs.

Why would a militia just shoot people on sight? Seems to me you have very little faith in your fellow citizens. (And too much in your police force)

Reactions: eceres and KingHigh
Why would a militia just shoot people on sight? Seems to me you have very little faith in your fellow citizens. (And too much in your police force)

I am fine with the militia idea. As long as the militia is well-regulated, and is required to wear an easily identifiable uniform, perhaps navy blue in color.

Reactions: jared04
Let's have a volunteer police department or a private police department where they are paid $15 hour instead of the $130k most cops make.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
I am fine with the militia idea. As long as the militia is well-regulated, and is required to wear an easily identifiable uniform, perhaps navy blue in color.

Well in NJ it would be unarmed so I doubt the idea will get off the ground in our lovely cities.

I don't understand the support for school vouchers for private schools. You want me to pay for public schools to educate your kids, and then you want me to pay again to give you money to send your kids to private school?

Reactions: newell138
Solution = Eliminate or reduce the ridiculously high Pension plans of Municipial workers. The will reduce Property taxes.
Heck, my Employer along with many others eliminated their pension plans years ago.

If you believe that we in NJ pay too much for the essential public services we receive, that is a fair matter for debate.

But if you believe that public education is not an essential public service, that's just plain un-American.

Solution = Eliminate or reduce the ridiculously high Pension plans of Municipial workers. The will reduce Property taxes.
Heck, my Employer along with many others eliminated their pension plans years ago.
Only the elite union workers are allowed pensions.

I don't understand the support for school vouchers for private schools. You want me to pay for public schools to educate your kids, and then you want me to pay again to give you money to send your kids to private school?

I think the idea is the same amount per child can pay for private school. It's a bad idea because running a school is not as linear per child as people think, so only makes sense if you can sell off the public school which no place does.

Garbage is privatized in many places, even some in NJ.

Taxes are a town/country requirement and relocating to a cheaper area is a real option. People around where i live talk all the time about moving once kids are done with school to a cheaper town.

Another fantastic idea... require the residents of a street to pave and maintain their streets. They have to use their own pick, shovel, and tar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT