ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie needs to go now

Coaching has got to win you some games. How many does he have?
How many have we come from behind? How many close ones have we maintained.,
How many have we given up with the lead in the 2nd half?

Amaker can coach. Hope he can convince sanders to stay here. That's not going to be easy but Hobbs needs to be proactive after this football hire is done. This program can't take a season of less than 10 wins without a hopeful future. There's talent out there but it needs to be coached to win. I never liked Eddie as a coach and thought it was a terrible hire. This is not street ball.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
EJ should be fired for his poor coaching and questionable recruiting. Mostly for being a coach who doesn't know what he is doing. That is a poorly coached team in every way.

Yes
TK, one positive dude. Sanders and Laurant were good tonight.

Yes they were and Grier showed some ability as well. Lewis is a disaster. Wasted trips one after another. It has to be frustrating for sanders to keep throwing it into the post with no results. He's never improved from his freshman year. Sorry for the rants. I'm just so frustrated

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I HATE to say it but Eddies a LOUSY coach who will never win....cut bait and hire a HC...EX PLAYERS STINK AS COACHES...HE'S GOT HIS MONEY...DO US AND YOUR SCHOOL A FAVOR...QUIT....MAKING A BAD SMELL AT OUR SCHOOL IF YOU CARE.

Yes

Yes they were and Grier showed some ability as well. Lewis is a disaster. Wasted trips one after another. It has to be frustrating for sanders to keep throwing it into the post with no results. He's never improved from his freshman year. Sorry for the rants. I'm just so frustrated
BELIEVE ME...YOU'VE EVERY RIGHT...THE BB TEAM STINKS.

I've seen enough of the worst coaching I've ever seen. Clean sweep of the two programs and start over.
I've had it with MBB until they ''admins'' show they care....its more than any fan should have to bare as we were once a proud program....we really stink..

I was encouraged by the play tonight and Eddie's recruits. I think he is doing well and I'm thankful he took on this challenge.

Earliest he'll be fired is next year. ...but I agree and have said this for a while, there is about a 0.1% chance he'll ever get RU to even the NIT. Does not have the energy or the coaching acumen. ...with that said, I don't think many people could turn this thing around.

VERY similar to RU football pre-Schiano. Just an almost impossible situation.

Eddie is a poor coach, sadly. I don't even know what we are trying to do on offense.

If you could point to one thing and say that is what we are building on, whether it be a bunch of young talent, sick recruiting class, a system that looks like it just needs the right personnel, something, anything.

There just isn't. Eddie isnt out coaching anyone, nor is he bringing in the talent. Double whammy. I was afraid this might happen.

Bring me a guy with a system and can recruit to it. I don't care where the kids are ranked. I just can't watch this sh*t anymore.

Reactions: rufeelinit
Earliest he'll be fired is next year. ...but I agree and have said this for a while, there is about a 0.1% chance he'll ever get RU to even the NIT. Does not have the energy or the coaching acumen. ...with that said, I don't think many people could turn this thing around.

VERY similar to RU football pre-Schiano. Just an almost impossible situation.
Yup. If he's not at least .500 by the end of next season, I think we'll see a mutual parting of ways. Barring a major scandal, no way does he get fired at the end of this season.

I agree that Jordan is a terrible coach but please no Amaker. Unfortunately I think with Hermann and flood gone, we missed an opportunity for a trifecta. Plus, it's hard to fire a Rutgers hero when he is well liked. Until flood's stubbornness and ego finally turned his supporters against him, we could't get him out of here. He had the sympathy vote. Eddie is not psychotic like Flood so we are stuck with him for a while. Let's hope he gets lucky with a few more Sanders' who can overcome his coaching.
Amaker wins too much now. Hope Hobbs is a good fundraiser

You can point out all the negatives that you want but if it weren't for an atrocious charge call we win that game.

Rather than pile on losses with more negativity why don't we focus on the fact that he has put a promising young team together. Sanders is the best player to come here in a decade. Williams, Freeman, Foreman, Diallo, Laurent Goode are aIl promising YOUNG pieces. I like this team. There will be growing pains

TK, did you watch Sanders tonight? Best talent at guard in a long time. And yes they should have won. Lewis can't miss a two foot shot with like 2 minutes to go.

Laurant is pretty good, Goode threw him alley oop and he had good dunk. Has talent.

EJ should be fired for his poor coaching and questionable recruiting. Mostly for being a coach who doesn't know what he is doing. That is a poorly coached team in every way.
Won't listen to your advise: you haven't any stain [roll]

Reactions: shields
TK, did you watch Sanders tonight? Best talent at guard in a long time. And yes they should have won. Lewis can't miss a two foot shot with like 2 minutes to go.
Oh goodness no. I avoid RU b-ball games like the plague, but sometimes my football buddies drag me to one. Bottom line, we had a big lead and blew it, again.

And don't get too giggy about one player. I remember watching one of the greatest seasons an RU player ever had - Eric Riggins, 86-87. And that resulted in a rocking 8-20 record.

Last edited:
You can point out all the negatives that you want but if it weren't for an atrocious charge call we win that game.

Rather than pile on losses with more negativity why don't we focus on the fact that he has put a promising young team together. Sanders is the best player to come here in a decade. Williams, Freeman, Foreman, Diallo, Laurent Goode are aIl promising YOUNG pieces. I like this team. There will be growing pains
That isn't how this board works for many that post here.
Doom and gloom is all they want to discuss, refuse to admit Jordan started out with both hands tied behind his back and a leg chained to the floor.

He might not be the answer, but needs this year to get things started and next to prove he can do the job or be forced out.
Rutgers MBB has been bad for so long, getting better will take some time and since this is Eddie's third season after the program became one that was considered so dysfunctional that it cost the AD his job along with the HC being fired for abusing his players , no one should be expecting to see a decent team this season, just getting some players to start the improvement.
But that's my opinion and the doom and gloomers expect a quicker fix or else

If I recall correctly, he's really only had two recruiting classes and his most recent one is looking pretty good, especially, i.e., Sanders, Freeman and Laurent. Young teams often lose close games and clearly we're still missing some pieces (especially a real center) and yes, he sometimes makes headscratching decisions, but I'm willing to give Eddie this year and next year to see if he can get things moving in the right direction - remember, he inherited a complete mess from Rice.

Facilities, 1991 and what happened in 2011 with Mike have nothing to do with blowing a double digit lead for the second time in less than 2 weeks.
Right, Rice left Rutgers in such good shape and a full roster ready to run.
Facilities are a boon for recruiting and every top player thinks RU is the place to be after seeing them, especially with the success RU MBB has had since 1991.

Blowing double digit leads is bad, but Jordan needs more time than the two years + he has had to make a team that won't blow double digit leads, but win by them .
What's happening doesn't worry me because I think Eddie needs time to build, but what worries me is getting the recruits to build with.
If Jordan can't do that, then there is reason to worry.
I want to see how the freshmen finish this season and if they seemed to have improved during it.
Next year's team will show if Eddie has it or needs to be replaced.

Talent has nothing to do with numerous consecutive games with multiple shot clock violations, horrible end of half / end of game execution and just piss poor decision making (ie. In bounding the ball to a turnover machine vs SJU)

I don't think Eddie is going to get it done here. He simply leaves a TON to be desired as a coach . I'd love to see him succeed, but I just don't see it

Hope I am.wrong

Agree Jordan's end of half strategy is horrific. I've seen 3 games this season and in each case before the half with his team LOSING, RU holds for last shot with 35 or 40 seconds on clock. With a 30 second shot clock RU has failed each time to even get off a reasonable shot, while the opponents score again after RU's failed attempt. Why not get the best shot possible ASAP, then play some D and perhaps a steal and score twice before the half?? Holding for last shot when losing makes little sense to me........

We turned them over 18 times and had 18 more shot attempts than them. We shot 36% from the field and 60% from the line. Team only turned the ball over 10 times and 4 of those were Daniels in the ten minutes he played.

We were in great position to win that game last night. EJ cant make the shots for them.

Rather than pile on losses with more negativity why don't we focus on the fact that he has put a promising young team together. Sanders is the best player to come here in a decade. Williams, Freeman, Foreman, Diallo, Laurent Goode are aIl promising YOUNG pieces. I like this team. There will be growing pains[/QUOTE
One great recruiting class, just one to get this turned around. Eddie can win here.
I want to become a millionaire - now all I need is a million dollars

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT