ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN College Football Power Index 2023

Fat Koko

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2022

Rutgers ranked 78th, right up there with Appalachian State and UAB.

Colorado is the only Power 5 team ranked below Rutgers.

Rutgers has a 13% chance of 6 wins.

Three 2023 opponents, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are ranked in the top 10.

Three 2023 opponents, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are ranked in the top 10.
e2fa83160cdb1fb577822edd10f5f127.jpg

Reactions: rino_deez

Horrible
2.0 better stop this regression or he is gone.
This below average 2023 class is not helping his future

This list is bogus. Rutgers beat Boston College and Indiana yet they are ranked below them. Northwestern won only 1 game and they are ranked higher also. Michigan State and RU had very similar result and played a close game on there field yet Michigan State is ranked 46 spots ahead.

This list is bogus. Rutgers beat Boston College and Indiana yet they are ranked below them. Northwestern won only 1 game and they are ranked higher also. Michigan State and RU had very similar result and played a close game on there field yet Michigan State is ranked 46 spots ahead.

Its a projection for 2023 not 2022.

Reactions: Fat Koko
In my opinion, we're in last until this coaching staff and these players prove otherwise.

In that way, it's kind of liberating to not have to pay attention to these sorts of lists or listening to all of the experts.

Did they just pick 60 through 90 out of a hat? Because a lot of them don't make sense if you watch a lot of college football.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Reactions: MADHAT1

Last year of that! 😊

I mean they predicted 9-3 and they went 8-4 in the regular season. I'd say that's a win for the FPI.

Right. Only 13 off. Good thing they won the Dec. 30 Gator Bowl and climbed back into the Top 20.

I don't really care about the poll. We need to add a quality lineman, wide receiver and tight end in the portal to make this team more competitive. Is there anyone available that we can bring in that will be a decent to good starter? We definitely need starter level transfers at these positions to help this team get decent.

I don't really care about the poll. We need to add a quality lineman, wide receiver and tight end in the portal to make this team more competitive. Is there anyone available that we can bring in that will be a decent to good starter? We definitely need starter level transfers at these positions to help this team get decent.
Agreed that we need some upgrades especially at WR. I hope that Konopka has developed as I think that he could be a weapon. TE has been the most under utilized position in our offense

I m always optimistic . You could look at it this way. In their final rankings we were 101 so if now at 78, which is not good, the projection is that we will be close to 25% better this year!!!!
And none of this is really worth the paper its printed on any way. Look at last year. With that 101 ranking we were behind two teams that we beat. One was close to us, BC and rightfully so as we both stunk but we were 16 spots behind Indiana. Does anyone really think Indiana was better than us last year???
Really how valid can it be when at 78 we are only two spots behind East Carolina with Saint Mike Houston (good coach,but not the way some of our posters make him out to be).
But I understand the discussion. To quote my good friend and admirer, @OriginalKnight :
Genius, fans can do this. It’s part of the fun of being a fan.

Spot on

Reactions: Knight Shift
IMHO I think the more interesting column is the one that rates by % the chance of the team getting to six wins. RU is at a dismal 12.8% but it does put us in front of Colorado,Indiana and Vanderbilt among P5 schools.
Is there is a more glaring example of the advantage of playing in the B1G 10 West? NW is 11 spots ahead of us and has nearly triple the percentage of getting to 6 wins and they play a slightly better OOC schedule with Duke, UTEP and Howard

Honestly I was hoping for a decent qb transfer. Not sure if I can stomach another year of "qb development".

Reactions: cicero grimes
Honestly I was hoping for a decent qb transfer. Not sure if I can stomach another year of "qb development".
Hopefully kc can put some development back into the term qb development. Spring game did not show much improvement from last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT