ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Eugene Omoruyi Transferring per Instagram

No one agreed we’d be better off without Sanders when he left.

Yes some people did. I was in the camp that we probably would of had more wins with Sanders but his absence was better for the long term development and growth of the team.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with you saying it was the wrong move to go after Yeboah, which is absurd.

Yes some people did. I was in the camp that we probably would of had more wins with Sanders but his absence was better for the long term development and growth of the team.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with you saying it was the wrong move to go after Yeboah, which is absurd.

What!!!!!

1. Eugene has left the program
2. It is possible getting Yeboah had a role in him leaving
3. A healthy Eugene is our best player
4. Yeboah is not a proven B1G player

Absurd?
Disagree and I will respect, but absurd.

I agree with all of those points.

I don’t agree with what you said earlier in this thread - that it may have been a mistake to go after and land Yeboah.

BIG Diffference.

I agree with all of those points.

I don’t agree with what you said earlier in this thread - that it may have been a mistake to go after and land Yeboah.

BIG Diffference.
Saying its a mistake to go after yeboah is laughable. Laugh out loud able. Doesnt shock me coming from @Greene Rice FIG tho

Reactions: AD888
1. Eugene has left the program
2. It is possible getting Yeboah had a role in him leaving
3. A healthy Eugene is our best player
4. Yeboah is not a proven B1G player

Absurd?
Disagree and I will respect, but absurd.
A healthy Eugene was our best player LAST year. Why would Yeboah cause Eugene to leave if he is indeed our best player?

Who on this board is 100% certain / confident Eugene’s knee is 100% healthy and he won’t have a 3rd dislocation in 3 years?

No way anyone can say that.
From what people have said, only way to really fix it permanently is surgery.

That being the case, only a moron for a coach would refuse to bring in another player this season who can play the same position as Eugene.

Who on this board is 100% certain / confident Eugene’s knee is 100% healthy and he won’t have a 3rd dislocation in 3 years?

That being the case, only a moron for a coach would refuse to bring in another player this season who can play the same position as Eugene.
Surgery doesn't guarantee it either.

um hello...no one is defending Eugene..he made a dick move I agree...my post was to RU66 who was saying Eugenes knee wasnt going to be healthy..well gee I missed thread after thread on this on the board..that WAS NOT the take of the upcoming season that Eugene would not be a major cog in our success
Bac--again you misrepresent and you do it constantly to defend your self absorption--I NEVER said his knee wasn't going to be healthy I said "bac how do you even know his knee is well enough to get those rebounds"--- try not being such an obvious liar

All of his injuries (3, really - 2 dislocations and 1 hyperextension) were freak things - none were just the knee going out on him. One was knee-on-knee contact, one was getting bent back in the air to land with the leg bent under him, and one was his shoe losing grip on a wet spot on the floor. So, at least none of the injuries were due to the knee just giving out or the patella slipping during normal activity.

Still, each injury makes another more likely. Dislocations create microtears in ligaments and tendons, which then have microscarring... which just leads to a looser joint over time. Will it go out again next year? No guarantee it would, or that it wouldn't. It's more likely to be injured than another player without prior knee injuries, though, to be sure.

All of his injuries (3, really - 2 dislocations and 1 hyperextension) were freak things - none were just the knee going out on him. One was knee-on-knee contact, one was getting bent back in the air to land with the leg bent under him, and one was his shoe losing grip on a wet spot on the floor. So, at least none of the injuries were due to the knee just giving out or the patella slipping during normal activity.

Still, each injury makes another more likely. Dislocations create microtears in ligaments and tendons, which then have microscarring... which just leads to a looser joint over time. Will it go out again next year? No guarantee it would, or that it wouldn't. It's more likely to be injured than another player without prior knee injuries, though, to be sure.

He couldn’t even jump at the end of the season

Can he jump now like the old Eugene?

Reactions: Scangg
Because he may be a baby and too sensitive and felt enitiled and didn’t want to play center.
You are posting so many hypotheticals trying to prove a hypothetical point.

You have zero understanding as to what type of character Yeboah has. To even insinuate such is irresponsible.

Fact- Yeboah came here knowing Omi was on the roster, ready to compete.

Fact- Omi transferred after Yeboah arrived.

You can argue who is more likely the baby in that situation.

Woah, AY a player. Best part is, he knows Pike's system, already having been in it for 4 years. He's a perfect grad transfer. Complete plug and play. If Eugene was getting scared off, I am starting to see why.

Reactions: Scangg
Again speculation......do you still feel that way if Eugene was told bringing in Yeboah meant he’d play some minutes at center?
Of course I do. It’s about the team winning, not what is going to showcase Eugene Omoruyi. Quite simply, he ain’t that good to warrant such consideration.

Of course, that’s further speculation on your part anyway. You have no idea of that was said.

I know I’m excited to someone in that position like Yeboah who can stretch the D. If Eugene is too soft to handle competition, he’ll never make it as pro.

Very borderline guys like that need to be the most competitive. It’s how they make rosters in any league. What’s his answer to that question that will invariably be asked- so why’d you transfer? Ummm, we recruited a good player at my position and they asked me to play some minutes at the 5.

Thanks for your time son. Next.

Does anyone know if Eugene plans on playing next year? Is it possible Eugene gets a degree in 3 years?

I would assume he Redshirts next year----rehabs and comes back the following year wherever that might be.

I'm not clear why that wouldn't be a bad thing to be done here.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I would assume he Redshirts next year----rehabs and comes back the following year wherever that might be.

I'm not clear why that wouldn't be a bad thing to be done here.

I think this is the key issue to understand this decision by EO. Were he and Pike aligned on whether he was going to play this year or take a redshirt and get his knee fixed? Prior to yesterday, I did not see a lot of concern being expressed about EO's knee holding up. Not saying that it was not a real issue but it only seems to have become prominent during this discussion of the magnitude of his loss. Thus I did not think a redshirt year was even on the table. The fact that Pike flew up there yesterday suggests that he was not aware of any significant discontent on EO's part. The only way I can rationalize EO's decision to leave is if he wanted to RS and Rutgers said no. Otherwise I think he just acting on some questionable advice.

Last edited:
2 things people dont want to hear

1. This is a big loss
2. Might have been a mistake getting Ye
If you told me I could only have Ye or Eugene a month ago i probably would have said Eugene if I knew for sure he would stay healthy but it would have been close. The fact that I thought there was less than a 50% chance he would make it through the season means I would have picked Ye. Last I don’t think we can make the tournament with Eugene as our four. I think he gives us a high floor but a lower ceiling. We need someone who can knock down threes and that could be Ye. He also might not workout so there is more risk but I think his ceiling is higher than Eugene’s.

Reactions: Scangg and brad1218
Because he may be a baby and too sensitive and felt enitiled and didn’t want to play center.
The plan when we went small was for yeboah to play center and gene to stay at the 4. Yeboah can bang, gene cant. Gene consistently got embarrass on the block last year. To say otherwise is to not be watching

Our coach always talks about embracing challenges... well, now after getting blindsided, he has his biggest challenge. I'm sure he is determined to keep this team on the path to the big dance. Step one is to get his players to accept this challenge and it's appears this team may be on a mission. Pikes forte is defense and rebounding... he will need to rebound from this loss and continue building this program. We are lucky to have Pike and confident he can shake this off and overcome another major obstacle.

Reactions: MV9000
dude I am talking about record...because in the end that is how everything is measured. the program still has not had a plus 500 season in eons....Eugene was a major factor in last years improvement on the court, you seem to ignore that. He was arguably the most consistent player and best player....so you be you and downplay it. I also dont think one coach would say that its no loss for RU
Spot on comments.To this day a segment of the fan base ignores the importance of winning and how it impacts recruiting and perception.Eugene leaving is a shocker because its happening at the end of May with no prior indications of any problem other than rehab of injured leg.The fact he was the leading scorer and rebounder should not be forgotten.In fact Eugene was the closest Rutgers had to a consistent go to scorer even with his limitations health wise and 3 point shooting.

Going forward nobody knows how the returning players and new players will blend into a cohesive unit.My primary goal is a winning season and there should be no acceptable excuse for failure.

Reactions: RUDead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT