ADVERTISEMENT

Fan Advisory Board?

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Have there been meetings with the Fan Advisory board? If so, how many have there been and will anything come out of it? I remember hearing that a meeting was coming up at some point, but never heard any feedback from it.

Should we expect any changes in anything due to these meetings?

I have no idea if there have been any meetings of the advisory board or not. But be aware that it is an advisory board. They give advice. They don't make decisions. It is up to Rutgers to decide what they do with the advice. Ignoring the advice is always an option.

Here's some advice. Please let us know what was discussed. So many people came out to let us know they were part of the chosen few. Haven't seen anybody share the feedback from the first meeting. Perhaps they were sworn to double secret silence.

Originally posted by Upstream:

It is up to Rutgers to decide what they do with the advice. Ignoring the advice is always an option.
When it comes to men's basketball, this seems like the most likely option from RU given prior history.

This post was edited on 4/20 4:39 PM by essexknight

Next meeting on May 12th. Please let me know if you have anything you would like me to bring up.

The different meetings are going to have different focuses. Before the first meeting, the membership provided the AD with our top priority issues. Those issues were essentially football traffic and parking issues. The primary focus of the 1st meeting was first to meet and greet and discuss how the program was going to work, and then we got a bit of time with all of the various people in charge of different aspects of game day experience. The majority of the time was spent with the people in charge of traffic, parking and tailgating. Time was spent on other topics, just not as much.

I would welcome topics if you guys have them. Keep in mind though, that the focus of the advisory board is "fan experience" and "game day." They were express that we are not to discuss or raise personnel issues. I am sure any general comments along the lines of "when can we expect a practice facility to be announced/completed" would be similarly unappreciated. They are not interested in the fans opinion on coaching and budget.

Overall the first meeting was kind of a mixed bag. A lot of ideas thrown out there, but the distinct tone was basically that someone would raise a suggestion, and the relevant school official would respond that they had thought of that already, and give a reason why it won't work. I personally found it to be very defensive in nature. That, however, may just be the way it is. I think fans are unrealisitc in thinking that the school doesn't spend a lot of time analyzing this stuff, and have reasons for the way they do things. In discussing the pure "fan experience" items, one thing that really stood out to me was how much has been "fixed" since Julie got here.

Overall the first meeting was kind of a mixed bag. A lot of ideas thrown out there, but the distinct tone was basically that someone would raise a suggestion, and the relevant school official would respond that they had thought of that already, and give a reason why it won't work. I personally found it to be very defensive in nature. That, however, may just be the way it is. I think fans are unrealistic in thinking that the school doesn't spend a lot of time analyzing this stuff, and have reasons for the way they do things. In discussing the pure "fan experience" items, one thing that really stood out to me was how much has been "fixed" since Julie got here.
The bolded doesn't surprise me as it relates the RU Athletics we're used to.

And it also doesn't surprise me to hear about how much was fixed already since Julie got here.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Overall the first meeting was kind of a mixed bag. A lot of ideas thrown out there, but the distinct tone was basically that someone would raise a suggestion, and the relevant school official would respond that they had thought of that already, and give a reason why it won't work. I personally found it to be very defensive in nature. That, however, may just be the way it is. I think fans are unrealisitc in thinking that the school doesn't spend a lot of time analyzing this stuff, and have reasons for the way they do things. In discussing the pure "fan experience" items, one thing that really stood out to me was how much has been "fixed" since Julie got here.

First thanks for the recap. Did anyone ask about the bathrooms at HPSS (the still over-crowding of the men's options) ? And if so what was that response..

First thanks for the recap. Did anyone ask about the bathrooms at HPSS (the still over-crowding of the men's options) ? And if so what was that response..

I seem to remember this being brought up, but I am not positive. I actually took notes at the meeting purely for message board purposes (lol -- people were looking at me with a "why are you writing this down?!"). I will check those notes this evening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT