ADVERTISEMENT

***Fat Cat Friday: 5/12 Everything but the kitchen sink!***

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
Quotables
Julian Pinnix-Odrick on Rutgers uniforms:

“I'm a fan of traditional looks to be honest. But I think every team needs a little sizzle, change-up uni though. But I like last year’s unis, in terms of style. The uniforms from the year before were a bit more comfortable though. Comfort is really the most important thing. I like the red helmet better though. The chrome is a cool specialty (once a year) deal. Black uniforms trump all in the end.”

Fat Cat Top Five
Top Five total number of RU position players on scholarship
.) Cornerbacks
4.) Defensive Ends
3.) Wide Receivers
2.) Linebackers
1.) Offensive linemen
*This list includes incoming freshmen and transfers

Bobby’s Crystal Ball
Another RU transfer will soon be announced

Recruiting Tidbits
The Race to commit

Class of 2018 quarterback Jalen Chatman (Narbonne - CA) has been hearing a lot from the Scarlet Knight staff and he plans to be at Rutgers all day Sunday and Monday. If all goes well, it’s safe to say to that Rutgers fans could expect a commitment from Chatman. However, that does not mean Rutgers will be done recruiting the quarterback position, Chatman was told that the staff could wind up taking two quarterbacks in this class.

That leads into another visitor as Tyshun Sarratt (Gaffney, S.C.) is visiting Rutgers next Saturday, May 20th. If Chatman commits this weekend, it will be interesting to see if Sarratt still visits the following weekend. However, should the two-quarterback theory hold true, Rutgers would have the chance of actually receiving QB commitments on back-to-back weekends.

’18 DB Rachad Wildgoose (Northwestern - FL)
Wildgoose has blown up this sprin, receiving offers from teams in the B1G, Pac-12, SEC, and more. He told Scarlet Nation yesterday that after all these offers, he is still solid to Rutgers, and talks to the staff on just about an everyday basis. However, with his latest offers coming in from Georgia and Florida, it is going to be a battle for the RU staff to keep Wildgoose on board.

’18 ATH Amad Anderson (Curtis - NY)
Anderson performed very well at the recent Rivals camp event and it showed why he is ranked as a high 3-star. The speedy New York product also made a strong case to earn a fourth star in the future. It appears he is currently favoring Rutgers and Maryland the most.

’18 RB Kyle Dobbins (St. Augustine Prep - NJ)
Dobbins has plans to decide sometime soon, but isn’t sure yet on an exact date. Rutgers is pushing for a commitment, but it appears he might be heading north at this point in time to Boston College.

’18 TE Daevon Robinson (Shawnee - NJ)
Rutgers is pushing hard for Robinson and right now RU is one of the schools talking to him the most. He is planning on making some visits soon to Syracuse and Maryland. He also plans to camp at Rutgers and Maryland this summer and hopes to have a decision sometime around Aug 1st. Rutgers’ prowess in South Jersey has waned since the departure of Aaron Henry.

’18 DB Jarrett Paul (Paramus Catholic- NJ)
One of two Rutgers commits in the class of 2018, Paul is working on some fellow New Yorkers to join him. Paul played last season at Christ the King in New York and is now at Paramus Catholic,

“I’m mostly trying to get some NYC kids and a couple guys from Jersey to join me over at Rutgers,” Paul said. “I’ve been talking with Paul Woods, Amad Anderson, and Lucas Nunez recently. Everybody is staying open and taking their time with the process.”

’18 DE John Morgan (DeMatha - MD)
The highly-touted defensive end currently has a top five of Rutgers, Maryland, Temple, Pitt and Virginia Tech. He also talked about his relationship with Rutgers.

“That was one of my first five offers. They have been down since the beginning,” Morgan said. “Coach Burnham is a great guy. They have that hybrid D-end type and that one kid [Kemoko Turay] is going to be one of the top guys in the draft. Those something you don’t get from most schools but there you can get down in a two-point stance or rush the passer from a three-point stance.”

Morgan plans on committing June 6th.

’19 DE Asim Richards (The Haverford School - PA)
The 6-foot-4, 270-pound sophomore picked up a Rutgers offer last week and that is the first to his credit.

“I was real excited. I was waiting on that for a long time,” Richards said. “They said they liked my size and they saw me actually work out last week.”

It is still early in the process for Richards, who is still flying under the radar a bit.

’20 ATH Jalen Berger (Don Bosco)
One of the top recruits in the 2020 national class, Berger has a strong early relationship with Rutgers, which is key in landing someone of his caliber. Berger said he has already been down to Rutgers about 10 times and is building a strong relationship with his primary recruiter Bill Busch. Meanwhile, he is now being coached by former Rutgers star quarterback Mike Teel.

“He is a great coach, someone who knows what it takes to win. He played for Coach Toal at Don Bosco, played college football and made it to the NFL,” Berger said of Teel. “That is pretty much perfect.”

’18 LB Vinny DePalma (DePaul – NJ)
Rutgers continues to recruit the local linebacker and was among the first to start pursuing him.
However, Rutgers has some competition in this one.

“I have been talking to Boston College and Navy the most. I have also been talking to Rutgers, Pitt, Wisconsin and coach [Jim] Panagos at Temple,” DePalma said. “UCF started talking to me too.”

DePalma is looking to visit Wisconsin and mapped out his plans for the future.

“Nothing in the near future, just a bunch of schools coming in every day. After the evaluation period, I am going to see if I am going to take some visits in the summer. I am not really sure of a timeline for a decision, just whenever it feels right.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News