ADVERTISEMENT

Fixing this season….here is what we need to do

How many games are we going to have to have where we go down double digits, bench guys that dont play D, put in our best defensive lineup in and then come back.

Princeton
illinois
Ohio State
I mean, I don't disagree that is how this team is going to work, I just don't think the team is built well and that Gavin is getting the short end of the stick when its his teammates and coaching staff's issues that are holding him back.

I mean, I don't disagree that is how this team is going to work, I just don't think the team is built well and that Gavin is getting the short end of the stick when its his teammates and coaching staff's issues that are holding him back.
He’s a freshman playing 20+ mpg based on literally nothing but potential as he has not been close to a net positive on the court. How is that getting the short end of the stick?

Play Williams more. He’s a grown man who can sit down and defend and get to the hoop on offense. We need his skill set and less chucking from three

Reactions: winfield102
To be fair Gavin is starting to scare me.

Shack with the great call on Derek being the alpha

I have always been thinking that Gavin will come along given more time but tonights performance coming off a few bad performances is also scaring me. He and Wolf are non entities now and on a team that just is simply lacking across the board its just going to make the needle to win a game so much smaller

Shack with the great call on Derek being the alpha

I have always been thinking that Gavin will come along given more time but tonights performance coming off a few bad performances is also scaring me. He and Wolf are non entities now and on a team that just is simply lacking across the board its just going to make the needle to win a game so much smaller
Great call by Shack. I was initially into really for it but he convinced me prior to the game. We can't expect him to play this well every game though. Need 2 out of 3 of him Noah and Davis to step up each game

One thing...there are no saviors on this team. Mag was not a savior. Getting J Mike back wasnt a savior. Derek despite tonight scoring performance isnt a savior. Noah isnt a savior. A productive Gavin isnt a savior. Unfortunately its still a very flawed team. Unfortunately all of the players have shown an incredible amount of inconsistency even within games. I do not think we have had one game yet where ALL the players are on the same page....perhaps next week at the RAC vs a vulnerable Indiana

Reactions: kcg88 and RAC93
One thing...there are no saviors on this team. Mag was not a savior. Getting J Mike back wasnt a savior. Derek despite tonight scoring performance isnt a savior. Noah isnt a savior. A productive Gavin isnt a savior. Unfortunately its still a very flawed team. Unfortunately all of the players have shown an incredible amount of inconsistency even within games. I do not think we have had one game yet where ALL the players are on the same page....perhaps next week at the RAC vs a vulnerable Indiana
A productive Gavin would have a pretty significant impact IMO. We are getting less than even the most bearish preseason predictions from him right now on a team that could really use another 3 point shooter/scorer

It’s also fair to add if Jeremiah Williams and Ogbole play this year, they too will not be saviors.

A productive Gavin would have a pretty significant impact IMO. We are getting less than even the most bearish preseason predictions from him right now on a team that could really use another 3 point shooter/scorer
He will have to be very good offensively to be a net positive on the court. His defense is just so bad.

He’s a freshman playing 20+ mpg based on literally nothing but potential as he has not been close to a net positive on the court. How is that getting the short end of the stick?
Im saying people putting all this blame on him isn't fair when he isn't being used properly, but it is still important to develop him as he raises the teams ceiling not just this year but next year as well. Not many players on this team have been close to a net positive on the court either.

Im saying people putting all this blame on him isn't fair when he isn't being used properly, but it is still important to develop him as he raises the teams ceiling not just this year but next year as well. Not many players on this team have been close to a net positive on the court either.

Nope it's all Gavin.

Simpson easily gives the ball away at mid court? Gavin
Austin Williams walking behind his guy to give up an offensive rebound and easy layup? Gavin
Starting lineup scoring nothing and playing bad defense? Gavin

Just him sitting on the bench impacts the team so much apparently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT