ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD / PREVIEW: Rutgers Hoops versus Nebraska

game plan was bad from start to finish. Random insertion of wolf. Miller. Oskar we’re comical

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Give Nebraska credit. Alot of times at the RAC teams simply missed wide open 3s. Nebraska didn't..
They do deserve credit. They came to play. Coaches had them ready to break down our defense. They had more than one option to score and they did. THey are the better team. Don't really see Rutgers finishing higher than 8 or 9 this season. They have zero offense talent at this time and their primary defensive cog is out for the season.

This was the only game of the last 6 that I felt comfortable about….oh well

Soooo disappointing.

Lots of this is on Pike.

Cliff no D. Not great on offense.

Hard to fault Paul with all assists but he has to score.

Hyatt and Simpson nice games.

Caleb is not a point guard.

Foul shooting hurt.

You have to give Oskar more minutes in a shoot out.

Jaden can’t score and gave up 6 points in 20 seconds. Well at least he didn’t foul a three point shooter in seconds.

MSG killed us.

Reactions: Rokodesh
All the good vibes from early this year gone. Caleb no offense and now no defense, zero. Paul totally lost. Cliff no hands. Cam gonzo. How have we totally fallen apart?
Realistically had we not pulled the rabbit out of the hat @ purdue we’d have a much different outlook on this season. We have overachieved to date imo

Terrible loss. Give Nebraska credit. Tominaga is a really good scorer. He is not just a shooter, but he can create scoring opportunities for himself. RU really needs someone like that.

Deservedly so
What does this do to us seeding wise? As of 10pm today we are officially a _____ seed?

I say this drops us from 6 seed to 9 seed range? And now we have to win 3 of the remaining 5 to make up for this loss. Not gonna be easy

Putrid offense has been a Pikiell hallmark. The defense was where money was made. But after a season of film, teams have figured out how to break down the defense. No one worries about Rutgers offense. This team can't even make layups. That's not hyperbole -- the stats show it in terms of offensive efficiency.
Heres an idea just play man and cover the shooters. Another team that knocks down like 12-15 3's on us.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Are there people actually saying Cliff is going to be a high draft pick if he declares?
I've said it from the very beginning as I've seen him play a number of times in HS. Zero chance he gets drafted. Does not have the court smarts, cant post up, very weak hands and extremely weak lower base on defense. Everyone calling 1 & done I said at the very least 3 yrs. He will be playing overseas or G-league possibly

I've said it from the very beginning as I've seen him play a number of times in HS. Zero chance he gets drafted. Does not have the court smarts, cant post up, very weak hands and extremely weak lower base on defense. Everyone calling 1 & done I said at the very least 3 yrs. He will be playing overseas or G-league possibly
Cliff was always a project. Everyone was not calling him a 1 and done 🤣

What happened to our acclaimed defense at the toughest arena in the B1G.... That's on Pike

Second best defensive player and rising offensive player went down at the start of a 4 in 11 stretch. Likely have only had 4 practices. The whole thing was a disaster tonight. Nothing fit together no matter what Pike tried. D wasn’t there. Needs to get some good practice in this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT