ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Wisconsin

My point is that your belief that recruiting to Rutgers is hard is wrong and disproven by the facts.

Since you only choose to respond with one liners and insults, I'm going to assume I've made my point and move on.
Not really. How many nba players has rutgers produced?

Playing RHJ was a liability in this game. I feel bad saying that as he’s one of the team leaders but he just forced so many bad shots in traffic. This was the game for MJ to get 20+. We should’ve been feeding him every time down.

Threshold at what point? I’ll take one NCAA appearance out of this and next year.

Top 10 is a threshold at some point. I wouldn’t want a guy here for 20 years who never made the top 10
We were an ncaa team last year. Geo Harper and Mathis suck at this point. When they if they get their shit together we can be good. Until then we will suck.

Or see if Palmquist was on tonight... no one else was he can't get a look mayne he knocls down a couple

I disagree. We needed to reestablish our defensive focus and we did just that. Unfortunately couldn’t buy a basket on offense, but playing Palmquist would be a big drop off in defense.

I didn’t think this was a good match upfor us. Wisconsin is very good at preventing transition. Unfortunately, our offense seems to build off of it. I thought we’d make a few more point blank 3s though. 2-19 is terrible!

We were an ncaa team last year. Geo Harper and Mathis suck at this point. When they if they get their shit together we can be good. Until then we will suck.

I agree. I'll give him last year. But if we regress both of the next two years with teams that almost certainly should be better on paper then I'll consider that one year a fluke.

Long term my bar is making the tournament more than 1/3 of the time for sure. (I'll give a complete pass for the first three years)

I agree. I'll give him last year. But if we regress both of the next two years with teams that almost certainly should be better on paper then I'll consider that one year a fluke.

Long term my bar is making the tournament more than 1/3 of the time for sure. (I'll give a complete pass for the first three years)
That’s fair. But remember. Rutgers has sucked forever so it’s a major uphill climb. The guy can coach. We haven’t had that in forever. In my mind it warrants patience. It’s hard to predict when guys will suddenly disappear for long stretches like our guys have

Harper needs to not force things when it’s not his night. If he can’t do that he should sit. If just this had happened, we’d have won this game.

Harper is being targeted as the scouted star and needs to look to get the ball to others who are open to make them pay for targeting him. He can’t drive into triple teams and continue taking contested 3s and expect us to win.

That’s fair. But remember. Rutgers has sucked forever so it’s a major uphill climb. The guy can coach. We haven’t had that in forever. In my mind it warrants patience. It’s hard to predict when guys will suddenly disappear for long stretches like our guys have

Yes. Look, I'm obviously pissed off right now but bear in mind I'm still giving him the rest of this season to turn it around AND next year. And realistically if we are like first four out next season I probably wouldn't want to burn it to the ground and start over, but if we finish this season badly and are bad next year (even if less bad than previous coaches) I wouldn't see much reason for optimism.

I mean, ****, even the 2018-2019 season was a breath of fresh air after being so bad for so long, but that was when we were trending upwards. I certainly don't have any interest in being at that level for ever, would rather roll the dice.

The bottom line is that Omoruyi replaced Carter and we lost Yeboah. Johnson, Harper, Baker, Young, McConnell, Mathis, and Mulcahy (7 key players!) are all a year older. This team should not be going backwards. That’s coaching.

Myles should have gotten the ball more. they had no one to guard him. RU doesn't know how to feed the post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT