ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Rutgers Men's Basketball Hosting Minnesota Wednesday Night

Really nice seeing Oskar get a chance and making the most of it!!!
Cam is back,
Rutgers assists record! Lot to like
On to MSG and need to bring it on Saturday. Everyone on Board NJ Transit express and pack the Garden.

Great win today! Glad that Oskar got his opportunity to contribute tonight and to show his scoring ability! While he's the last scholarship player off the bench (I'm guessing Chol is going to be a redshirt), with the remaining B10 games, as well as the B10 Tourney and the NCAA Tournament on the distant horizon, one never knows what may happen in a particular game, so players like him have to be ready to step up if their number gets called in a key situation.

amazing how everyone talks about Rutgers and its identity.
amazing where we are... PIKE LOCK HIM UP TILL HE'S 100!!!

Reactions: Scangg
He’s being very tolerant of some irritating questions. These press conferences have to be high on the list of unpleasant tasks for a coach after a loss.

I’ve heard Schiano make a comment before like “you guys get what you need?” It’s kind of funny, the coaches know it’s not a debrief—they’re just there to fill in a few blank spots in the beat writers’ articles.

The RAC/bench losing it's collective shit as Terry hit that 3 was awesome. I love this program
Yeah, I loved seeing that, too. If I’m a parent of a recruit seeing that kind of thing, I’d be forming some really positive thoughts about Pike and his staff and the way they must be running things.

But, as Pike would surely say about it, the players are who makes that happen. It’s a really great group of young men.

Minnesota is not terrible. Just decimated by injuries. Just lost by 4 to Indiana about 5 days ago.

Reactions: zappaa
Just got home and the early posts are exactly what I thought. You’d think our coach sucked and he’s awful at adjusting.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Minnesota is not terrible. Just decimated by injuries. Just lost by 4 to Indiana about 5 days ago.

Their injuries have resulted in them being terrible - how about that? ;)

That was a terrible team. Brought nothing on either end of the floor.

I don’t think I’ve seen a less aggressive d.

Time after time our guys would get the ball 5-10 feet from the rim and they didn’t bother to come over to defend. This is why we had soooo many midrange jumpers (particular in second half). Our guys found themselves open in the middle of the zone, expected the d to collapse on them, the d never came and they then shot (and made) wide open jumpers in the middle of the zone. That isn’t just being depleted that’s really bad basketball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT