ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Rutgers Men's Basketball Takes on No. 1 Purdue Monday Night

Rutgers scoring drought for almost five minutees in second half allowed Purdue to catch up.Spencer in foul trouble limited scoring options on the court but he showed he is a winner by making the 3 pointer that won the game.Mulcahy showed he wanted the ball down the stretch and he was the go to scorer .The foul disparity was ridiculous favoring Purdue.

Does Cam have another year left?
Rutgers men’s basketball welcomes Cam Spencer as a transfer from Loyola University Maryland. A 6-4, 207 lb. guard from Davidsonville, Md., Spencer joins the Scarlet Knights with two seasons of eligibility following his junior season in the Patriot League. Has earned the reputation of the ultimate competitor around the locker room.

Great win!! Tremendous team effort.

Caleb should and will know better next time. Ref tells you every time you can't move.

Best of Luck,
Groz
What a ref would say...
When you inbound the ball, under your opponent's basket, the ref will tell you either
1) you can run the line or
2) that's your spot.
But a ref should not say you can't move, because you can. You can move backwards, as far as you want or are able to. And you can move sideways but not more than the width of your body.
Technically, if you do move like Caleb did, it's not a travel, but it is a violation.
As a ref, when I give the ball to a player on any other side or end line, I don't tell them anything.

Massive win. But bad perimeter defense almost cost the game
Normally, I would agree but I don’t think that’s fair based on the game flow. We adapted at the end to avoid putting Edey at the line which basically became the outcome every time he touched the ball (whether it was called fairly or not aside - they were not letting us defend him in the paint). The only way to prevent him from getting the ball inside was to sell out on the perimeter and hope they missed a few shots.

Normally, I would agree but I don’t think that’s fair based on the game flow. We adapted at the end to avoid putting Edey at the line which basically became the outcome every time he touched the ball (whether it was called fairly or not aside - they were not letting us defend him in the paint). The only way to prevent him from getting the ball inside was to sell out on the perimeter and hope they missed a few shots.

Aside from their late 3’s to claw back in and then Take the lead, The dude was pretty open on their last shot.
A great look for them

Thankfully it clanked out

Aside from their late 3’s to claw back in and then Take the lead, The dude was pretty open on their last shot.
A great look for them

Thankfully it clanked out
Edey wasn’t open in the post. We stacked the paint and sold out the perimeter. To get open Edey had to come out to midrange land where all he could do was kick out to the open man or charge into a triple team. Thankfully he chose to kick out because the refs might’ve just put him at the line and fouled Caleb out of the game.

Regardless, I’m not saying the shooters weren’t open, just that it was deliberate that they were, not a product of poor defense.

Edey wasn’t open in the post. We stacked the paint and sold out the perimeter. To get open Edey had to come out to midrange land where all he could do was kick out to the open man or charge into a triple team. Thankfully he chose to kick out because the refs might’ve just put him at the line and fouled Caleb out of the game.

Regardless, I’m not saying the shooters weren’t open, just that it was deliberate that they were, not a product of poor defense.
Rutgers took the chance Purdue would likely miss the open three. Purdue hasn't been consistent with the 3 ball all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT