ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers versus Penn State

This one didn't age well.

This first half reminds me of the Michigan State game at the MSG - Rutgers was horrible and trailed by 6 at halftime. Then during the 2nd half at MSG, Paul suddenly came alive, drove to the hoop with confidence, and put up the best half of career.

I will keep watching this game hoping something like the MSG 2nd half happens again tonight.
My "this one didn't age well" comment posted a few minutes into the 2nd half didn't age well. The parity and mediocrity in the B1G means RU can play a horrible half of b-ball and still earn wins.

Reactions: Big boy stan
Great job. Was it two years ago we made big comeback at penn State and they won the game? Payback.

Hand me some honey mustard with it too. Just wow. I was texting somebody abt how we don’t have guards that can take over and then Derek Simpson was born haha. Oh my word what a win.
Shocked it happened when Paul went out.
Gutsy performance… and Simpson !!!
_uck State Penn

Reactions: NYSportsFan
At this point just bench Paul and McConnell for the rest of the game and try to get our bench some chances to get confidence for these last 2 games. Nice job Derek
Good thing Rutgers just tried to get some people some minutes....It paid off nicely, didn't it?
I swear to God it Pike gives Derek the red light in the second half i’m going to lose my shit
I sure hope you lost your shit! 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩 💩
McConnell, Paul, and Cam a combined 2 for 15. Can’t believe I desperately wanted Caleb back.
NIL BABY!!!! $$$$$$$$
“ I won’t even be mad if they don’t make the tournament” wahhhhh and weep huge comeback LFG
Awesome response. I hope all the bastages who doubted enjoy how their foot feels up their behinds. What a win!!!

Reactions: Corycord1
My god I never thought I’d be that down bad to become a sky is falling *sshat and wondering if we would keep our recruits. That was magical and I’m in absolute awe!

DS proved me right. He was going to grow up alot this game. Decisive, fast and played downfield to the basket

Simpson - MVP of the game

McConnell - MVP of the second half (despite the missed FT).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT