ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Game Thread / Rutgers vs. Michigan: How to watch, key stats, and more

Four straight years of coming through with our backs to the wall! That is impressive
And none of us should probably forget this again...though we probably will! Holy smoke...I can't work anymore today. Thank all you guys for getting me through this game...I "watched" it through you in this thread...we are all nuts in one way or another!! Does it get better than this???? GO RU!

Simpson break out game was key imo. Made buckets, and created space. Spencer making shots as well.

And defense, 1 michigan FG through the first 19 minutes of the 2nd half. Cliff was huge, but team effort in this regard.
It's all about creating movement and flow. Most have been screaming for this for last month.
Well coach made the right call to get it done today. Good for him and us.

Was at work so only looking at stats/box score. Great win. My question was the foul differential? Legit? Thankfully did not cost us the game.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Second half defense the best of the season.Great Rutgers win under tremendous pressure because of losing 6/8 previous games.

It's all about creating movement and flow. Most have been screaming for this for last month.
Well coach made the right call to get it done today. Good for him and us.
Simpson is the lone guy who can create his own shot.

But he's a freshman, he went through bad stretches earlier in the year, if he's ready to break out now, then I think Pike played it pretty well.

But he was very comfortable and in control with the ball in his hands today.

leslie-jordan-leslie.gif

Lots of fouls on Dickenson double teams, grabbing at ball. Woolfolk played his best game ever to help Cliff and rest was manageable.
Somebody posted yesterday that UM always pushes us around and mentioned Woolfolk might help there today. Whoever that was that posted it, kudos to him...and kudos to Woolfolk for making it happen! Go RU!

Best half they’ve played in a long time. Inserting Simpson into the point made a big difference. Bet he stays there the rest of this year. Wolf played great. Shot 75% with six points and had a beautiful full court drive for a basket. I think Michigan defenders were afraid to get in the way of a tight end. Oscar made some nice contributions. Ultimately we played 9 guys and held our own. Let’s cook the Purdue chicken tomorrow. As Pike pointed out we have beaten the top 4 seeds this year.

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch or listen to the game with work, can someone tell me like what went right today? What we did good?
Every player on the court for RU scored. Won the Turnover battle. Simpson led the team, Spencer stepped up. Woolfolk stepped up. Mulcahy and Hyatt with 3s.

Defense second half holds Michigan to 4/21 shooting. 3 three pointers, two by Dickinson

Best half they’ve played in a long time. Inserting Simpson into the point made a big difference. Bet he stays there the rest of this year. Wolf played great. Shot 75% with six points and had a beautiful full court drive for a basket. I think Michigan defenders were afraid to get in the way of a tight end. Oscar made some nice contributions. Ultimately we played 9 guys and held our own. Let’s cook the Purdue chicken tomorrow. As Pike pointed out we have beaten the top 4 seeds this year.
He also played Simpsok and Paul together

They always get these when they are supposedly DOA. Love this team.

Remember Mulcahy said his best memory has not happened yet. Keep the faith.
An "Amen" to Paul's vision and wisdom! GO GET US SOME BOILERMAKERS! Congrats to the players, coaches and fans. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall...or something like that lol. I can barely type I am so amped!

Was at work so only looking at stats/box score. Great win. My question was the foul differential? Legit? Thankfully did not cost us the game.
Is it coincidental that we fouled a fair amount and they couldn't make a FG? I don't think so.

We play tough D, with that will come fouls against. I'd love to see more whistles go our way, but it does makes sense that we are on the wrong end of the foul call ledger most games.

Every player on the court for RU scored. Won the Turnover battle. Simpson led the team, Spencer stepped up. Woolfolk stepped up. Mulcahy and Hyatt with 3s.

Defense second half holds Michigan to 4/21 shooting. 3 three pointers, two by Dickinson
Those are impossible stats. I guess Pike remembered how to coach again at halftime. I hate it when he takes 3 or four games in a row off like he just did lol. GO RU!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT