ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all just scream “offense” all day. Down the stretch Myles missed 3 or 4 layups, geo randomly throws a behind the back pass on the block and Paul instead of taking a layup tries to pass to Myles and ends up giving it to Minnesota.

that is 8 or 10 points there thatpikiell’s “offense” got us layups that our players blew. At that point in the game do you take out Myles and geo to punish them?
Let’s just enjoy. If PSU can beat Maryland we will be 7th cede and most likely get Indiana in our first game. I’ll take it

Reactions: Knightmoves
of course not!!! okay my main point was Mathis was actually playing well. just kick me lol

You are telling me you are the head coach and you play Mathis over Baker? Baker arguably one of the most clutch players at RU over past 50 years?

who was playing in his place?

I thought Caleb and Tez looked really solid on the court together in the first half with RHJ on the bench with Cliff in the game. I was almost hoping that RHJ would foul out because that’s what it would’ve taken to see it again. Was actually thinking this was a good sign for next year.

Reactions: RUinOhio
Wow, thought Pike lost his mind with 3 straight iso for Geo. What’s the definition of insanity? Glad Young stepped up. Dance time.

You all just scream “offense” all day. Down the stretch Myles missed 3 or 4 layups, geo randomly throws a behind the back pass on the block and Paul instead of taking a layup tries to pass to Myles and ends up giving it to Minnesota.

that is 8 or 10 points there thatpikiell’s “offense” got us layups that our players blew. At that point in the game do you take out Myles and geo to punish them?
This stuff with Geo has been going in for 4 years. All of this stuff should have been addressed in practices, in huddles, in pre game, in one on one talks.
Too much dribbling, lazy passing, lack,of movement, blah blah blah. And getting in a players face might help the focus.
He got them to play great defense today.

I should appreciate that having sucked for so long just being middle of the pack is a big win. Yes, finishing middle of B1G is a significant achievement. Agree on that.

Most of you guys are pathetic. Great win against a team that is virtually automatic at home... thank god none of you guys play on this team. They would have folded like a broken chair.

just to be clear we are an NCAA tournement team. Not a bubble team.

All you guys attacking pikiell need to sit back understand what he has done over five years and thank god he is here. Hobbs had to make the right hire and boy did he do it. First time we have had back to back ncaa tournament caliber teams, first time since 91 to have two back to back 10 conference win seasons..... you guys need to get on your knees and thank his for Steve Pikiell

And this isn’t 10 wins in the AAC or BE. It’s 10 in the B10 the best conference the last two years. Also it’s winning by developing players since we aren’t in a position yet to land 5 stars.

Yup. 5 terrible mins that almost cost us the game followed by 5 minutes of great coaching that won us the game.
But since we won folks only want to see the good parts.
We damn bear lost a game in regulation that we pretty much led the whole way by 10 to 12 points. Can be thrilled we won but not happy with the overall play.
Coaching is always hard and the more your roster requires choosing between less than optimal choices, the harder the coaching gets. I don’t think that game was a good example of a poorly coached game. But sure, it wasn’t perfect.

Reactions: KevH
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT