ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game ball to Jacob Young. If not for JY, Rutgers suffers its all time worth loss. While I’m giving out awards, let’s give a bag of 💩 to Pike.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
It wasn’t pretty and they often looked lost with the game in control but they showed a lot of guts in OT. Kudos to our boys!

Pike is a very good coach who made some questionable decisions late in the second half of this game with the line up.

Great coaching by Pike in OT. Correctly identified Young as the go to guy. Correctly identified quick doubling on Carr as the right D. Correctly subbed McConnel for PM due to RHJ and MJ with too many fouls to help PM on D. Correctly used PM on O and Matthis on D when Geo fouled out.

Kudos to Jacob. He had a monster game today as did Myles on the boards. Also, I thought Tez was terrific today, and Pike's gameplan against Marcus Carr worked to perfection. I believe Carr only scored 7 points and 4 of those points were at the charity stripe. So great job guarding Carr.

Pike is a very good coach who made some questionable decisions late in the second half of this game with the line up.
He did. I agree. But, with that said, I thought Pike' s substitutions were much better today where he didn't take out the starting five completely, but mixed and matched all eight players making sure we had someone out there who was a scorer.

It wasn’t pretty and they often looked lost with the game in control but they showed a lot of guts in OT. Kudos to our boys!

Agree. Only RU misses our last our 6 shots in regulation to end up in OT.

Jacob Young, what a difference maker in OT.

Why Didnt Pike give him the ball on the final play of regulation instead of Geo?

Reactions: Rutgers56
throughout the game Bardo..kept saying it feels like Rutgers is up by 20 and should be. and with the multiple turnovers and Missed rebounds and air balls it just makes you nuts.
how do you throw up so many air balls and on foul shots nevertheless. I think the ball is greased

Honestly I forgot about the game and have been watching lacrosse all day. Glad I missed the roller coaster in here. Nice win by Rutgers.

It’s posts like these that make me wish this site had a downvote button.

Screw nailbiters.

:flush:
Don’t get me wrong, had we lost, I wouldnt have liked that nail-biter nearly so much. But I’m a thrill seeker. Gotta admit that was more thrilling then a 30 point blowout win would’ve been.

Great coaching by Pike in OT. Correctly identified Young as the go to guy. Correctly identified quick doubling on Carr as the right D. Correctly subbed McConnel for PM due to RHJ and MJ with too many fouls to help PM on D. Correctly used PM on O and Matthis on D when Geo fouled out.
Yup. 5 terrible mins that almost cost us the game followed by 5 minutes of great coaching that won us the game.
But since we won folks only want to see the good parts.
We damn near lost a game in regulation that we pretty much led the whole way by 10 to 12 points. Can be thrilled we won but not happy with the overall play.

Lol, its Rutgers. Its never easy. But I still think he coached poorly on offense and in circumstances yet again

You all just scream “offense” all day. Down the stretch Myles missed 3 or 4 layups, geo randomly throws a behind the back pass on the block and Paul instead of taking a layup tries to pass to Myles and ends up giving it to Minnesota.

that is 8 or 10 points there thatpikiell’s “offense” got us layups that our players blew. At that point in the game do you take out Myles and geo to punish them?

Reactions: KevH and BillyC80
This game felt so much like the Purdue game last year but with two teams playing far worse this time. Right down to the part where I was a terrible father as I was in charge of my kid and trying to watch one of the biggest games of my life at the same time.

To be fair to all the frustrated fans, this team is far from clicking on all cylinders.
throughout the game Bardo..kept saying it feels like Rutgers is up by 20 and should be. and with the multiple turnovers and Missed rebounds and air balls it just makes you nuts.
how do you throw up so many air balls and on foul shots nevertheless. I think the ball is greased
Agree 100%.

if you're saying JY then obviously JY needs to be playing but Baker did not score almost the entire second half....

You are telling me you are the head coach and you play Mathis over Baker? Baker arguably one of the most clutch players at RU over past 50 years? You live and die with your best guys. Baker needs to be in the game late. To be honest today may be the first time Baker didn’t hit a clutch shot in 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT