ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Basketball vs. Howard

Wasn’t the play I was looking for but it worked. That was the Geo

If we could just cut out the same stupid shit that seems to happen over and over and over with certain players we'd be pretty good

Team's playing down to the level of the competition. Never good, but also not uncommon. I trust Pike to get in their head's at halftime. Probably see more energy from the players in the second half.

like Hyatt? His mistakes drive you nuts
Yea.

And Cliff --- secure the offensive board first before you go back up, or pass it out. How many times do we see him grab one and immediately lose it or fumble it away. It drives me crazy

This takes me back to a halftime game I played in during elementary school at RAC. Think it was a Nets game

Reactions: bac2therac
Yea.

And Cliff --- secure the offensive board first before you go back up, or pass it out. How many times do we see him grab one and immediately lose it or fumble it away. It drives me crazy
or bring it down to the floor and have a guard on the other team bat it away

I cannot watch. Can people explain to me why Gavin is barely playing and scoring so few points.

Team's playing down to the level of the competition. Never good, but also not uncommon. I trust Pike to get in their head's at halftime. Probably see more energy from the players in the second half.
We’re up 8. Would we really be all that disappointed with a 16 point win?

WTF? Watching the warmups is kind of informative. Handful of guys I used to play pickup ball with would regularly shoot 9 or 10 for 10 from the 3 point line when unmarked. Presumably, a bunch of you have seen (or can do) the same thing if you play(ed).

The team, warming up for the second half just now, is missing like 50% during the warmups. 🙂

We’re up 8. Would we really be all that disappointed with a 16 point win?
For me, it's not so much about the score, but about focus and energy. I like seeing total focus and high energy anytime players step onto the court (or the field). Maybe it's the coach in me. Plus, over the years, it seems like when a team isn't fully engaged, fully focused, is when lots of injuries occur.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT