ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers versus No. 25 Ohio State

Won’t be easy as Rutgers I believe has never won at Ohio State, but it has to figure out how to win on the road.

Can’t look past and think about Seton Hall on Sunday. This one might be more important. Going to 2-0 in Big Ten play with a road victory against a good team would be remarkable.

Won’t be easy as Rutgers I believe has never won at Ohio State, but it has to figure out how to win on the road.

Can’t look past and think about Seton Hall on Sunday. This one might be more important. Going to 2-0 in Big Ten play with a road victory against a good team would be remarkable.
I don’t think there’s any question or concern that our guys won’t be focused on OSU. Absolutely a more important game than SHU.

You are all correct. But winning 2 of the next 3 is what we need. I'm not going to lose my marbles if this one doesn't go our way.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
You are all correct. But winning 2 of the next 3 is what we need. I'm not going to lose my marbles if this one doesn't go our way.
I agree with you here. Win the next two (and the two lesser opponents remaining non-conference) and that's still a solid 2022 for this season, considering the injuries to Paul and Caleb.

Sounds like Likekele is out tonight.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/spor...sence-from-ohio-state-basketball/69711293007/

Love how the article is written pre-game but the grammar indicates the game already happened.

"Through his first eight games with the Buckeyes, Likekele led the team in assists per game (3.1), was second in rebounding average (6.3), third in minutes played, and eighth in scoring average (4.5) while running the point, playing down low and using his physicality to allow the Buckeyes to occasionally play without a true center."

There's no way they are looking past Ohio...no way...not when Pike said he knows he hasn't beaten them at their place....you can already read between the lines to know that he REALLY wants to change the narrative now...he's got the horses....if the defense FINALLY travels I feel good about the game...unless it's 8 on 5 with a zebra lovefest for the home team....

https://www.dispatch.com/story/spor...sence-from-ohio-state-basketball/69711293007/

Love how the article is written pre-game but the grammar indicates the game already happened.

"Through his first eight games with the Buckeyes, Likekele led the team in assists per game (3.1), was second in rebounding average (6.3), third in minutes played, and eighth in scoring average (4.5) while running the point, playing down low and using his physicality to allow the Buckeyes to occasionally play without a true center."
That helps.

Sounds like a horrible situation for the poor kid. Family illness and at least one death of a close friend

On the court it, says that he is their best defensive player. Our odds of winning just went up significantly. Let's seize the opportunity for a win here

ESPN just talked about the game and the video they showed was Rutgers versus Ohio State in football. I think we’re to get killed tonight!

Scarlet Jerry

This game is 10x more important than the SHU game. Getting a road win over a team that may be ranked when the committee is setting the dance card is worth a LOT on that resume. Let's see what happens!
Not sure I agree. Road win over a ranked team is very nice but losing to a middling SHU at home would be very bad for the resume.

Mag from deep! Just like we all want. Wow what a start

Started at the crack of 6 central apparently. Missed the first few minutes suffering with work. 🤦‍♂️

great start, I do not think OSU plays good D so we need to limit turnovers and offensive fouls and I like our chances

Uhh WTF kind of call was that. Illegal hold by the OSU defender on Cliff who looks at the ref and then an instant moving screen call. That was ****ing blatant

God dammit, if they were going to call that on Cliff, they could have called about six already on Ohio State.

That specific call was brutal but Cliff is just begging these refs to make that call. He’s had 2-3 moving screens already that weren’t called

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT