ADVERTISEMENT

Haters

Fat Koko

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2022
Comments written during Rutgers victory over B1G foe Penn State.

"It's so funny they are leaving Caleb wide open because they know he can't hit the ocean. His defender didn't even try to cover him from 3"
"is caleb the worst passer in the country?"
"Caleb is a disaster on offense. 2 TOS already"
"caleb a turnover machine"
"Caleb is a human turnover"
"Caleb is just so clueless for a Grad Senior?"
"Offense already looks brutal"
"Another offensive abomination"
"Panic already"
"Hyatt lol"
"We are so poorly coached offensively"
"This offense is awful"
"Screw this. We blow"
"Disaster"
"Entire lineup except for Cliff is useless"
"Heading towards a blow out"
"Nice Caleb with the bail out foul. He's doing awesome. This is an epic meltdown on the scale of Chernobyl"
"Caleb should sit down …horrible"
"12 points might be too much to get"
"Garbage offense"
"30 point loss coming"
"We’re just not very good anymore"
"I’ll be shocked if I actually watch this entire game"
"This is awful to watch"
"Game. **** this shit"
"time to sit McConnel....we are on pace for another 40's scoring game"
"Penn State by 20"
"Yep. Team stinks"
"Can we break 40"
"McConnell is a liability. Play Miller in his place I’m not kidding"
"This is bad. This team has regressed so badly. A shell of the team from the beginning of the year. Loss of Mag hurts, but not the reason we are playing like this. Wtf happened?"
"No, he’s better than my senior citizen parents. But not by much"
"He means we would lose by 20. Won't miss Caleb"
"Hey Steve, taking Caleb out of the lineup is the BEST think you've done so far today"
"Is it okay to panic now? We’re AWFUL"
"This is Eddie Jordan level bad"
"We will lose 70-37"
"Pathetic"
"Simpson is terrible. Dude is a deer in headlights at this level"
"Game over. See you guys next week"
"Blowout City we will lose by 30"
"Am I a terrible person because I turned this game off 10 minutes ago?"
"Clown show"
"Welp I’m out of here"
"Garbage recruiting took a while to catch up to us, but it finally has"
"McConnell is horrible"
"This is completely unacceptable. What the hell happened to us"
"Simpson looks like Bambi going up against the Big Bad Wolf"
"did we forget how to play basketball?"
"This is not fun... I hate being negative, but watching this is not worth my time or resulting aggrevation"
"wouldn't be surprised if we don't win the rest of the season, yes even at Minny"
"It will take an act of God for us to lose these final 3 games by less than 10 points"
"Simpson isnt saving this train wreck"
"Simpson having not matured through this season has really hurt - we desperately needed him to do so especially with Mag out"
"Naismith is rotating in his grave right now"
"I'm really glad I'm sitting on a beach in Mexico watching Phish. This season is cooked"
"Thank god I didn’t go to this game"
"Does Paul have money on the other team the last couple of weeks? he’s so bad"
"Penn St. returning the blowout favor"
"Pretty sad commentary on Pikiell recruiting"
"How has every player on our team regressed over the course of the season?"
"Id be happy with a large purge of roster in off season"
"Pike must have told them to suck even more at halftime"
"I'm done. Let me know if a miracle happens. Can't waste my time watching this"
"We look like a bunch of lost children looking for the school bus"
"No way. Not even close. 30 plus loss more like it"
"Yup. Don’t care if anyone stays anymore. Need a purge. He’s lost this team"
"Didn’t think it was possible to see anything worse than the game, but that Dr Pepper commercial might have done it"
"Hyatt trash"
"Mulcahely more fouls than points every game a headcase"
"Cliff MIA when it matters"
"I may need therapy to figure out why have not turned this game off yet"
"This is bad. Very bad basketball. No one can score"
"The regression of the team is so disappointing. Hard to believe that just about everyone playing worse game by game. Both the defense and offense have collapsed. Sad for the team and for the fans. In the pre game interview, Pike seemed to be at a loss on what to do about it. Hope is not a plan!"

Never understood the need to post in a Game Thread. Unless its a Timeout or Halftime I'm watching the game and don't want to be distracted by having to read/post. I especially don't really understand how people can do it while at the game live. To me it just seems like a venue for people to mostly complain and bitch.

What Gef said and also these are pathetic comments by pathetic people. But not knowing anything about sports does not give them a right to be pathetic. This is the perfect combination of ignorance and cruelty. In a word …losers.

Last edited:
The person who said it wasn’t fun to watch the first half was right. I wouldn’t call that hating. None of us watch to see them lose.

No negatives from me up there though, although a few went through my mind and the announcers were the ones saying the D strategy was to leave Caleb open, and they paid for it later.

Never understood the need to post in a Game Thread. Unless its a Timeout or Halftime I'm watching the game and don't want to be distracted by having to read/post. I especially don't really understand how people can do it while at the game live. To me it just seems like a venue for people to mostly complain and bitch.

Funny because I have the same take on this thread. Who cares. Why would someone like the OP waste his time on putting this together? We won after a huge comeback. Why the need to focus on fans who are negative? Sorry, it’s the same mind set to me. But, hey, if part of your enjoyment comes from calling others out I guess do you.

Well since one of my posts (I may need therapy to figure out why have not turned this game off yet") made this illustrious list I guess I am officially a hater. I actually thought it might be considered a mood lightener given how the game was going at the time. Do I get a t-shirt, hat or something?

Everyone should take responsibility for any post they make on this board. While I would not make some of the posts catalogued above, there a decent number on that list I would not consider reflecting "hate" but whatever.

OP you missed one that um, YOU posted:

"Hey Rutgers players, when you take a shot that doesn't hit the rim, it is supposed to go through the rim and hit the net. Throwing the ball off the backboard doesn't count unless the ball goes through the rim too."

Most people who complain about complaining are watching Netflix or doing a crossword puzzle 5 mins after a loss like the game never happened.
Some FANatics won’t watch another basketball game or football game all weekend after a loss. Yes some take it too seriously but it means more to some than others. Never use race or family but when you take 4 shots and don’t hit rim on any of them while turning ball over 3 times should we call for pike to call a timeout to give you a hug and a noogie ???

I didn’t post during that embarrassing first 23 minutes (yes, we looked like utter dogshit until that point even if we did win). But I laugh at the OP and others who crap on fans who lashed out when our boys were playing badly. You use this to convince yourself that you’re a better fan as if that matters to anyone. 99.9% of you bail out crying when the stock market drops 25% even though it has come back to win 100% of the time. That’s an instance where staying the course does make you a better person. But carry on and put the fans down. Because that’s what your self esteem needs apparently.

OP you missed one that um, YOU posted:

"Hey Rutgers players, when you take a shot that doesn't hit the rim, it is supposed to go through the rim and hit the net. Throwing the ball off the backboard doesn't count unless the ball goes through the rim too."
No no no. He was just trying to be genuinely helpful. He thought the players actually forgot the scoring system mid game so he was hoping the they would check the game thread at halftime for a reminder from him. Everyone else though…..haters

The best thing about a game thread is that it keeps the drama in one place for the most part. For that reason alone, I'm pro-game thread.
You would think that would be true, but then there are always threads calling out a specific player. I hate the game thread. Calling out 20 year olds with the vitriol that is on it is ridiculous. The only time I ever go on is if there is a call I thought was bad in a home game, I will go on to see of someone posted about it if there was a better replay angle on TV.

You would think that would be true, but then there are always threads calling out a specific player. I hate the game thread. Calling out 20 year olds with the vitriol that is on it is ridiculous. The only time I ever go on is if there is a call I thought was bad in a home game, I will go on to see of someone posted about it if there was a better replay angle on TV.
That's how I handle it as well. I don't see how nastiness towards our players who sacrifice and work their asses off every day is a good take.

Most people don't understand sports or athletes or coaching. They either didn't play sports or never understood the bigger picture.
Many just support the team when it wins. As the expression goes, "you don't want to be in a foxhole" with that type of individual or better, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"

Reactions: gef21
I never post on the in-game thread for a variety of reasons, but the excuse for these extreme reactions is that they are fans and therefore "emotional". I'm wondering what the "emotion" is. Do these "fans" think they're entitled to the team playing well and react because a good game is being taken away from them, or are they trying to justify their "expertise" that player X has always been bad, or is it something else? Also, the perception generally, and by me, is that fans in the Northeast feel justified in cursing at players, or talking about their families, because " I paid my money so I can do what I want". Any thoughts?

I’m just glad OP can’t see my text messages.

It’s an odd take for people to act like there’s a correlation between knowing the sport, how to play or coach and being critical.

The best coaches I had were often the most cynical, critical people who left the cheerleading to the cheerleaders.

Fans/Boosters are something in between and we all have different boundaries. There’s also a difference between saying something like we are playing like crap, player x can’t buy a bucket and player y sucks and wish he would transfer. The first two are fair game but #3 is out of line. Luckily, we don’t see much of that here.

Reactions: zebnatto
I’ve been through decades of frustration with Rutgers sports like many here. Game threads can be emotional. I also had kids that play high level sports and know what kind of commitment they put in. so I like to live by what my mom taught me as a youngster: if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it!

Welcome to every game thread for every sporting event in the world? We are hardly unique.
Sorry, that's an excuse for those showing their immaturity and we all are guilty of being immature, but as was stated some never learn and some respect the team and players enough to keep quiet. Worst of all it's the self appointed experts who are the loudest and seem to support the team only in good times and think their attacks make them more expert. They then write long essays , trying to justify their attacks-- its not a good look.

The team had like 5 points midway through 1st half and looked as if they might not crack 15 points by halftime. What sort of comments would one expect?

I’ve been through decades of frustration with Rutgers sports like many here. Game threads can be emotional. I also had kids that play high level sports and know what kind of commitment they put in. so I like to live by what my mom taught me as a youngster: if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it!
Man you hit the nail on its head-- you're so right.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
I can see why people don't like that stuff and it's certainly frustrating at times.
The biggest takeaway for me is that people care. They care deeply. This is a passionate fanbase. Crazy passionate .

They've been beaten down though, they're almost more comfortable losing because when they're winning, they're looking over their shoulder waiting for something bad to happen because it often has in the past.

But you gotta love the passion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT