ADVERTISEMENT

Help our mens basketball student managers...get free I LIKE PIKE STUFF!

BKIn118

Dec 16, 2001
Sewell, NJ
Brian Kelley here, former President of the Rutgers Court Club...hope your summer has been an outstanding one thus far!

Just wanted to drop a select group of our dedicated fans a note to let you know about yet another opportunity to make a difference for Rutgers Basketball...our Student Manager Scholarship Initiative, a program started by former RU student manager and current Princeton Basketball assistant coach Brett MacConnell, which helps directly support the needs of our dedicated and talented group of men's basketball student managers as they strive for academic success while working with our program.

Two seasons ago, Jeff Mack and myself put together something we called I LIKE PIKE. It started out as just a way to earn a few extra dollars for the team, but, with the help of Head Coach Steve Pikiell, has turned into much more.

After the iconic "I LIKE PIKE" buttons drew rave reviews inside the RAC, we decided to start a website (https://i-like-pike.com/) to sell those buttons and some logo T shirts. To date, every dollar we've raised has been directly given to Coach Pikiell to fund his fledgling Student Manager Scholarship Initiative.

This season, Rutgers Athletics and R Fund have helped us find an even broader presence by supplying the Student Managers with their own giving page:

https://giving.scarletknights.com/campaigns/rutgers-mens-basketball-student-manager-scholarship
(Please note: link may require a new window to open properly)

With just a week left to give, we are running out of time to make a difference for this season's group of managers. So, to sweeten the pot a bit...The I LIKE PIKE team has decided to pitch in to push us over the top, by providing thank you gifts for those who help us!

For those who donate $50 dollars or more, we will send you your very own I LIKE PIKE button ($5 dollar value)
mail

For those who donate $100 dollars or more, we will send you a I LIKE PIKE logo t shirt in your specified size, and a button (while they last, a $25 value)
mail

And finally, for those who donate $150 or more...we have an authentic piece of RAC playing surface for you, similar to this one autographed by Quincy Douby (donate really big, and I'll have Q sign it for YOU too!). Donating at this level or higher gets you all 3 items!
mail

All you have to do is make your donation thru the website listed above, then email us at ILIKEPIKEBUTTONS@aol.com, and I will personally see that your gift comes to you postage paid with our thanks!

As a reminder, all donations made thru this site WILL BE eligible for Priority Point consideration for the current fiscal year, which is why time is of the essence.

As with everything we do, I am personally available to answer any questions you might have. Email me at ILIKEPIKEBUTTONS@AOL.COM, and I will do the best I can to respond ASAP.

Just a few more days to go...let's make Coach and Brett proud....give what you can! Again, the deadline for giving is June 30,2019!!!

Warm Regards,
Brian Kelley
President, Rutgers Court Club 2011-2018
Rutgers Loyal Son 2014

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News