ADVERTISEMENT

If you're happy and you know it...

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
This is the thread for sunshine, puppies, unicorns and Rutgers making bowl games. It may not have been the most dominating win ever (understatement), but a 2 point win is so much better than any loss of any kind. It's great. I'm happy. It means I can watch other college football games, which I don't usually do when we lose.

And it means I can really think about beating MD and Indiana to go 5-7/4-5, which I know everyone not named RutgersAl would've signed up for before the season - and I can at least dream a little about stealing one other game to make it to 6-6/5-4 and making a bowl. I know it's unlikely, but it's possible and you know every player and coach we have is now pointing towards the success we still might have this year and I'm not going to rain on that parade by talking about style points.

We friggin' won and have now won 2 straight B1G games that many didn't think we'd win. That's sweet. It makes me happy. Carry on.

Last edited:
Defense played their hearts out in spite of all the injuries, players moved over from offense, etc. Punting team was awesome. No interceptions against. AND we won. Lots to smile about.

Rutgers: WIN
JMU: WIN
Rangers: WIN
Richmond: Loss (always a good thing)

Just need Washington to beat the Iggles Monday night

To prove I'm not all negative - I think Gio is serviceable as a throwing QB. The TD throw was perfect. I think Blackshear missed a block leading to another rushed incompletion. The fall was a fall. It's a freak accident - it happens.

Was encouraged a little by his throwing today.

Reactions: redking
There were many on this board who said we wouldn't win a Big Ten game after we lost to EMU. We now have two and four is possible.
Yep, quite a few were predicting 1-11 after that bad loss. Now respectable is in reach and with one more win, I'd say everyone would have to think 4-8/3-6 represents considerable improvement over 2-10/0-9 last year and would give us nice recruiting momentum.

Bingo.

This win keeps the very modest goals most of us realistic fans had for this season within reach, and gives us a little hope and life for the remainder of the season. If it does this for us as fans, imagine what it means for the players and coaches.

Still a long, long way to go, but from where we're coming from, I'll take it.

Yep, quite a few were predicting 1-11 after that bad loss. Now respectable is in reach and with one more win, I'd say everyone would have to think 4-8/3-6 represents considerable improvement over 2-10/0-9 last year and would give us nice recruiting momentum.
The btn crew keeps picking against us , that's fine . Little by little we will earn respect but first we have to show that we beat the mid bottom teams in the league on a consistent basis . Maryland and Indiana are huge for us .

We now have a realistic shot at doubling our total wins from last year. That was my goal heading in to the season.

We now have winning records against 3 Big 10 teams!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT