ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Minnesota 81-70

Just can't hit shots this half and not really playing high energy defense - we were due for a letdown, but sucks to not be playing well. Likely to lose this one now down 14 with under 4 minutes to go, so the margin for making a tourney run is about to get even thinner. Unless we go on a monster comeback run...
Wish it was only this half

It's no coincidence Payne has his career high with Cliff covering him - blocks shots but has never been a good post defender.

Palmquist offers nothing when playing against fast D. He needs everyone to create a shot for him he cant create for himself
Big deal. That's his job to spot up and take the three. You'd rather watch Mag and JM shoot the bricks?

Kid deserves the chance.

This game is another realty check as to the need for massive changes in the roster for next season to complement the freshmen class.There are too many players that are poor shooters that need to be replaced in the transfer portal.

Reactions: #1 RUFan and tm_nj
So you think J Mike is bad? Imagine if you had him vs Jalen Miller? He’s a true frosh and plays with heart and good D. I’ll take him all day.
I like him. He’s tough and great D.
But those who claim he’s a playmaker and so much better than Simpson drive me nuts.
He’s a scary shooter too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT