ADVERTISEMENT

Is "RU in Canada" still around?

RUb-it-in

Senior
Nov 1, 2009
An avid poster in past years. He may be able to give us his thoughts on the most recent Canadian offeree.

Yes, RU in Ca was great enough to give me a ride in Detroit (thanks to Leapin Lou) and as for the SE....last I heard from him (a few years ago) he was just hammered in buying up Radio staions in the great white north. Lost touch with Glen.

99.9 CKIQ Raven Rock - Iqaluit

This Kid Claypool is a man amongst boys.

He looks like he can play LB or WR on the next level.

Reminds me a lot of Ashton Broyd of Sewercuse.

Yes, he posted 8:01 PM last night in my thread about odd places where you read the boards.

Originally posted by RU4Real:
He's around. Ran into him at the bowl game in Detroit.

Great to see both you and 84.

Funny enough, I've been around a lot more lately than ever. Just not as active on the forums.

Did Penn State, Michigan State, and UNC this year.
Did Arkansas the year before.
Debating on Ohio State this year, but will also be at Michigan.

Love being in the Big Ten. 3 1/2 hours to Detroit, and 4 hours to MSU.

Originally posted by RUinCANADA:

Funny enough, I've been around a lot more lately than ever. Just not as active on the forums.

B1G must be great for you. What was the name of the guy who was going to be a superstar that we didn't get - Messam? Do you keep in touch with the guys from your area, like Hairston and the Westermanns (those are the ones I recall)? We need more hosers here (only old folks will get that one, lol)!

Still not sure why you want to ruin Canada, though...

Originally posted by RU848789:

Originally posted by RUinCANADA:

B1G must be great for you. What was the name of the guy who was going to be a superstar that we didn't get - Messam? Do you keep in touch with the guys from your area, like Hairston and the Westermanns (those are the ones I recall)? We need more hosers here (only old folks will get that one, lol)!

Still not sure why you want to ruin Canada, though...
Messam, yeah. Did decent in the CFL. Ran for over 1000 yards a couple of years ago, and won most outstanding Canadian in the league I believe.

Nugent and Westerman both live in New Jersey now.

I'm hopeful Rutgers will pull in a few Canadians again shortly. We're having great success with players going to the States now. This area has put guys to some BCS schools (PSU, VT, Iowa, Arkansas, etc), and a few others to lower tiers but who still got invites to the NFL Combine. And this year, just had a kid go to Oklahoma (4-star DT) -- though Rutgers didn't actually offer.

But yes, the B1G was a dream. Rutgers is on tv here pretty much every week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT