ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Recco and Coach Pikiell catch up on the Scarlet Knights current roster on the latest edition of the Pikiell Podcast

I enjoyed that short podcast. Without spilling the beans, it was informative to hear directly from Steve:

1) the dedicated portal resources we have.
2) some unique things he is looking for in portal players.
3) how much he has changed his approach to roster management/construction.
4) that he has challenged his staff in new ways.
5) the makeup and energy of the team.
6) the challenges that the injured players had last season because they didn’t have a full summer of workouts, S&C, etc (Ogbole, Jeremiah etc) and how important a good summer is this season for Ogbole and Jeremiah.
7) what he said about each of the 5 freshman and Zach Martini and Tyler Acuff.

Lastly, I liked hearing Pike talk about this upcoming year and how he is looking forward to June 15 and spending time in the gym and doing team building during the 8 weeks of summer camp.

Great podcast.

Last edited:
I enjoyed that short podcast. Without spilling the beans, it was informative to hear directly from Steve:

1) the dedicated portal resources we have.
2) some unique things he is looking for in the portal players.
3) how much he has changed his approach to roster management/construction.
4) that he has challenged his staff in new ways.
5) the makeup and energy of the team.
6) the challenges that the injured players had last season because they didn’t have a full summer of workouts, S&C, etc (Ogbole, Jeremiah etc) and how important a good summer is for Ogbole and Jeremiah.
7) what he said about each of the 5 freshman and Zach Martini and Tyler Acuff.

Lastly, I liked hearing Pike talk about this upcoming year and how he is looking forward to June 15 and spending time in the gym and doing team building during the 8 weeks afterwards.

Great podcast.
@RUSCFORMERLYRULOU this is what a constructive and quality post looks like.

Thanks for posting, and I’ll save everyone the trouble - watched the whole thing and nothing of interest here. Oh, except he made a point to say how good Og Ogbole is going to be. Take that FWIW.

Do you honestly think anyone is going to take your advice on whether there was anything interesting? LOL

Good interview, but my big takeaway is the obvious . Something has to be done regarding transfer portal/NIL....The average fan is going to lose interest when every team is a revolving door.....
They won’t lose interest when the team is winning. See Uconn .

Reactions: RUJMM78
In the Gymness guys is good, but I hope we have a bunch of Bucket Bros next year.

I was in the Hyatt lobby last weekend and heard Pike introduce Ogbole to a recruit and his family as “our starting Center next year”. Take it for what its worth, but realize there may be no miracle big man headed our way.

I was in the Hyatt lobby last weekend and heard Pike introduce Ogbole to a recruit and his family as “our starting Center next year”. Take it for what its worth, but realize there may be no miracle big man headed our way.
I’m going to go with (because I really really hope this is what is was) he said “he might be our starting center next year”.
And you just missed “He might be”. 😝

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT